The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding Ding Ding!!! Kelli is the winner! Today was the first day that you could make ressies at AKV for non-owners. I called right at 9, which took a while to get through, waited on hold for 10-15 minutes, and was able to get a ressie for the dates that I wanted. I was hoping for a savannah view but had to settle for a standard. It's better than nothing though.

Cool!!!!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

Today is D-Day. If you know a Veteran please say Thank You.

A late good morning to you all :) I was able to sleep in today!

Vicki & Chuck HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Kelli congratulations to Stephanie! She is so pretty.

Bernadette happy to hear your mother is doing better.

Tammi :woohoo: on the Dec. reservations!

Theresa I feel sorry for Jim :sad2: When it comes to Disney & dh is going, I do all the planning lol Hope you get everything straightened out :wizard:

Debbie your neighbors are idiots :mad:

Becky good luck on your job decision :wizard:

Terry your pictures of PM are cute!

Robyn baby Lucy will be here soon :cheer2:

Jo I hope you are able to post your Epcot pictures, I would love to see them. Glad you had a good time!

Anne Marie congratulations on the weight loss :thumbsup2

Elizabeth what movie are you going to see today?

I have today & tomorrow off from work & no games or practices tonight :cool1: Other than cleaning & laundry I have no plans. Being lazy sounds good to me lol

I spoke with Kathy last night & Butch was not doing any better. He has a little bit of brain activity & has a respirator to help him breath. His cat scan came back normal. He is still comatose & this has the Dr's worried. They are saying if he comes out of it, they are not sure how much he will be able to do. They are concerned with brain damage from being without oxygen for so long. Kathy is suppose to find out more today & get in touch with me. I hope when I hear from her, she says Butch is awake. This is really hard on all of us at work as I know it is even harder for Kathy & their grandson. I'm still praying & holding out hope that he will recover.

What I did when I canceled and rebooked, I called a ticket agent and had my original flight canceled. You get a credit and confirmation number. Then when you go online to book your flight, after you put in passenger info there is a box to click that says "apply travel funds". That takes you to a page where you plug in your confirmation number of your credit and also the cardholders name that purchased the original ticket. If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!

Just an FYI for everyone using SWA - you can also cancel your ticket online - just go to "Travel Tools" and there's a "Cancel Air Reservation" under that menu. I always make sure that the ticket I want to purchase is showing availability, quickly cancel my old reservation, and then rebook my new reservation with the Ticketless Travel Funds # you get when you cancel your old one.

I BOUGHT MY AIRFARE FOR SEPTEMBER! (And paid $321, including all taxes and fees, for 4 people round trip on n/s flights)!

What a great deal!

I need the power of the DDA to say a prayer for one of my co-workers, Butch & his family. His wife called me at work today & he had a massive heart attack. When the paramedics got to him, he had no pulse & they were able to bring him back. Right now he is comatose & has been life lighted to a hospital that specializes in heart attacks. Kathy was told that they hope he pulls through.

Please pray, say a good thought, or whatever you do for Butch. He just has to make it through this :sad1:

I'm so sorry to hear about Butch. Continued prayers for him, his family, and his doctors. I hope he pulls through very soon! :grouphug: :wizard:

I think the interview went well. It lasted over an hour. It would be something I would be interested in doing. The only thing is it would be like an hour commute each way everyday. However I would only be working 35 hours most weeks, which would be full time. They will be calling back for second interviews sometime this week. They want the 3 positions filled by Friday. My big concern is my store has a lack of staff and if they call me back for a second interview I am not sure if I would be able to go.

Glad to hear the interview went well, Becky. Go with your gut!

Becky - I have to tell you, your first allegiance should NOT be to your store. I know you feel responsible. I used to work retail management, so I really do understand, but you can NOT turn down a second interview if they call you for one. Your District Mgr. will just have to figure it out. That is her job. Good luck!!

Great advice, Elizabeth!

Deb, sorry about the rain! I have managed to work most of my errands around the torrential downpours, but I can sympathize. So we're supposed to count down to our trips based on how many grocery store runs we have left? I am at the grocery for us or my bosses at least twice a week, so mine won't be as impressive as yours. And you leave sooner anyway!:rotfl2:

Since I avoid the grocery store as much as humanly possible, I like this way of thinking. At the rate I go, I probably only have about 4 grocery stops before my next trip! ;) :rotfl:

Back in the olden days when I was in school in PA that is how it worked! ;)

Mine, too! My birthday is late August, and it was only in my late high school years that we were back in school before my b-day. It used to be start after Labor Day, and then end before Memorial Day. Although we didn't get as many breaks throughout the year.

I am officially on summer vacation! The last 3 recitals are done and I am in my PJs...

Congrats, Elin - sounds wonderful! :cloud9:

Lindsay - I thought of you today. Older DD Kathrin is mentoring one of her company's interns this summer. She has a lot of events to attend and she was extolling the work their event planner was doing on them.

;) I'm sure they work hard! In what industry does she work?

I had the best surprise tonight. Bob was supposed to come over this evening. I told him I'd be home around 7:30 and we agreed 8 would be a good time for him to come by. So at 7:20 I'm pulling into my driveway and Alyssa yells "Bob's here!" (She sees his car in the driveway). That wonderful man came over as soon as he dropped his dd off and started mowing my grass for me. He sure knows the way to my heart! ;) :goodvibes :love: So of course I change clothes and go out and help, but it is so nice having it done. I was wondering how I was going to get it all done since I'm working late all week. And with TS Barry that came through over the weekend it seems to have revived the growing.

Now I'm going to bed.

What an awesome guy! :love: Best hang on to him - I'm so glad he's making you so happy. You deserve it! :hug:

135 days people!!! 135 days!!!​

:dance3: :yay: :jumping1: :rainbow:

I want to be in Disney World. I need to be back in Disney World.

My DD and I are now official scrapbookers. We have a Cricut. I'm looking for the Disney font cartridge for less than $59.99.

That's it for now....:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Me, Me - I want to be in Disney!

How cool about the Cricut - those things are neat!

Garrett & Riley's teams both won their games tonight, so the long day was well worth it! Tomorrow won't be as bad, Garrett only has practice & Riley has a game at 7.

Thanks for all the prayers for Butch. I wish I had good news to report. Kathy had left a message, so I called & talked to her when I got home. Butch had surgery for a blockage to his heart, but he is still in a coma. The problem is that he was not breathing for 5-10 minutes before they revived him. They are going to wait 24 hours to see if he comes out of it. If not they will do a cat scan & see what his chances are for recovery. I am hoping & praying with all my heart that he comes back. His wife & grandson both need him. About 3 years ago Butch's son hung himself because his wife left him. Butch was the one to find him. They now have custody of their grandson. It is just to sad :(

Please keep them all in your thoughts. Hopefully tomorrow I will have good news.

Please keep us posted - continued prayers for them. Congrats to the boys on their games!

Yay, Elin!!! I go in for one last cleaning/reorganization day at the preschool today, and then I am also on summer vacation!

Good for you, Beth!

If my memory is right our birthdays are on the same day, the 25th!

Mine, too! My birthday is late August, and it was only in my late high school years that we were back in school before my b-day. It used to be start after Labor Day, and then end before Memorial Day. Although we didn't get as many breaks throughout the year.

Janet, I hope you hear something good about Butch's recovery today!

Well, my day has been a disaster!:headache: Brother has been a demon today. We left for the movies about 10:15 and got to the theater around 10:35 or so. Sold out!:mad: So we were way up north and had absolutely NO back-up plan. The girl at the theater said they are selling out every morning because the daycares buy all the tickets for field trips. Perfect. If they are going to allow sell-outs on group sales then they need to take the times OFF the website so families like the DOZENS we saw turned away won't waste their time.

Since we had nothing better to do we stopped by the mall. Not our usual mall, another mall, where they have nothing interesting for kids. Brother refused to sit properly in his stroller, so I put the shoulder straps on him, which made him throw a screaming fit. He screamed all the way to the car. So we left and came back home. DH picked up DS, I fed brother & Sister some lunch, and now Brother is taking a nap. He has been having a meltdown every single day between 11 AM - noon, then about 3 PM he is so tired he gets violent. Some battles are simply not worth it.:sad2:

Ding Ding Ding!!! Kelli is the winner! Today was the first day that you could make ressies at AKV for non-owners. I called right at 9, which took a while to get through, waited on hold for 10-15 minutes, and was able to get a ressie for the dates that I wanted. I was hoping for a savannah view but had to settle for a standard. It's better than nothing though.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Great News! I just got off the phone & Butch is awake :cool1:

He has been taken off the resporater & knows who is wife & grandson are. Hopefully it will be uphill from now! He is not 100% yet, but I think he will get there. Thank you all for the prayers & thoughts :goodvibes

He has been taken off the resporater & knows who is wife & grandson are. Hopefully it will be uphill from now! He is not 100% yet, but I think he will get there. Thank you all for the prayers & thoughts :goodvibes

o goood!! a huge step in the right direction!!

Elizabeth sorry to hear your day did not go as planned.

Congrats, Elin - sounds wonderful! :cloud9:

;) I'm sure they work hard! In what industry does she work?

It has been a fun couple of days so far, thanks! As for Kathrin's employer... it is hard to explain since their niche in marketing is very specialized. So, I quote from their website: Royall & Company is made up of some 200 professionals who are exclusively focused on full-time, first-time, traditional-age undergraduate student recruitment. Now, aren't you glad you asked... ;)

That is super news, Janet! Thanks for letting us know.

Elizabeth - sounds as if you need to make Brother and Sister take those naps for your own sanity. What have you got to lose? Their parents are soon to be former employers! ;)

WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!:cool1:

I will keep my prayers going for the family.

It has been a fun couple of days so far, thanks! As for Kathrin's employer... it is hard to explain since their niche in marketing is very specialized. So, I quote from their website: Royall & Company is made up of some 200 professionals who are exclusively focused on full-time, first-time, traditional-age undergraduate student recruitment. Now, aren't you glad you asked... ;)

Well isn't that just........................confusing:lmao:

So a little before Christmas time my darling Abi got into collecting Littlest Pet Shop items....really into collecting. Well, it is way to easy for this mom to become addicted. :rotfl2: I go into the Family Dollar down the street about once a week to see if they have any she doesn't have. I was excited today to find a ferret and blushing duck....:rotfl2: ....I need a life!!:lmao:

That is wonderful news, Janet! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter