The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumby said:
Just want to say thanks to all our cheering squad. Tim/Ty did say one of the prizes for the audience would be a 2 day/night stay at the Swan/Dolphin. Hope to see some of you all win one. Here is the list as of today.

VMK & Creative DISigns Team
--BlueEyes101817
--Maleficent2
--tinkNme
--wdwtravels
--KingTryton
--valeriesunshine
--hdmonkeybug
--cutiesnana
--aeryn
--piratedaisy
--Kc10family
--tigressjewel
--yellowfish78
--jackskellingtonsgirl
--mommy2emmersNmo
--SeaSpray
--tmfranlk
--ReAnSt
--lauralee
--Shriva
--tinker1bell
--UP Disney
--Tammi67

THANK YOU!!

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS LIST PLEASE SIGN UP. IT WILL BE FUN!!!!

:cheer2: Hope all goes well & keep us updated!

tmfranlk said:
Well it looks like it is baby day afterall!!!
9.gif
Kristi will get her way and not have to go back to work. She called this morning at 6:30 to ask Mom what it felt like when your water broke. She is leaking steadily and having minor, but much more frequent contractions. So, it could be a long day, but who knows. She was induced with the other two due to high blood pressue so this is her first experience with natural timing.

tmfranlk said:
I was just thinking about our talk of a DDA cruise the other day. Since I took ownership of it at one point, I'll do some preliminary looking after the holidays and start posting some info.
oh - I am so in for a cruise!!!!!

I feel like today is the first time in forever that I can breathe!!! Things were so hectic with my family here - but we had a great time!!!! My kids are very sad our entertainment left!!

Last night Julia and I were putting up our Christmas lights when out of the blue she says to me:

"I know you just sneak downstairs while I am sleeping"

here is our conversation that followed:

K: What are you talking about
J: Mommy - I know you sneak downstairs and put presents out and that Santa isn't real
k: what?!?!?!!?
J: Look - there is the Mickey Mouse clubhouse we bought (She was with me when I bought it) - you are just going to put it under the tree and say it is from Santa - if it was from you - you would have given it to me when my cousins were here
K: No that is from Mommy & Daddy- but we are giving you your presents on Christmas day - you will also get presents from Santa then
J: I know you put them out
k: Where did you hear something like that?
j: I figured it out in my brain (My kid is too smart)

so Steve and I proceed to have a talk with her about Christmas and how it is Magic and that Christmas magic is what makes Santa real and if you don't believe in Santa he won't bring you presents b/c he needs Magic to come to our house - she had a few questions about why some random man would want to bring her presents - :lmao:

this is just WAY sooner than I ever thought I would have to deal with this - I am going to have to pull out the bag of tricks people play to keep their kids believing - we are definately watching the Santa Claus -

Deb was it you that dressed up like Santa one year and videotaped it? I might have to do that this year!!!!

tmfranlk said:
Well it looks like it is baby day afterall!!!
9.gif
Kristi will get her way and not have to go back to work. She called this morning at 6:30 to ask Mom what it felt like when your water broke. She is leaking steadily and having minor, but much more frequent contractions. So, it could be a long day, but who knows. She was induced with the other two due to high blood pressue so this is her first experience with natural timing.

Good news Tia!! When was her due date? Our DDIL is due tomorrow with her first, and believe me she is anxious to go. The doctor had told them she would probably go early, so of course they weren't expecting to wait this long. I keep thinking I will get a call at any moment.

Good luck to Kristi, hope all goes smoothly.

ellenbenny said:
Good news Tia!! When was her due date? Our DDIL is due tomorrow with her first, and believe me she is anxious to go. The doctor had told them she would probably go early, so of course they weren't expecting to wait this long. I keep thinking I will get a call at any moment.

Good luck to Kristi, hope all goes smoothly.
I don't know why doctors tell pregnant women they will probably go early - then they have that expectation and if they make it to their due date - they get anxious - as if you aren't anxious enough in your 9th month of pregnancy!!!!

good luck to your DDIL

Tia - Keep us posted on Kristi. I hope she has a fast, easy labor.

Kate - I can't imagine having to deal with my kids not believing in Santa anymore. I am starting to get worried now that Christmas is just around the corner, with all the talk arising in school. So far neither one of mine has said anything about it. And yes it was Deb who dressed as Santa and videotaped it. Ingenious!

Ellen - Keeping my fingers crossed that today is the day!

Since it appears no one else had been on the list for Size 12 is not Fat. I will be sending the book to Tia and then Tia can send it to Janet once she is finished with it.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :thumbsup2

Well hello Strangers - been awhile since I posted over here, but I think of you often. With the new contest going on I see my two boards have been mated and speaking of mated. Our new one is growing quite well the Dr. says.

We are expecting in April, but if things go like Griffin and Mya then the baby will come in February 8 weeks early.

Oh did I mention Griffin has sent us another Boy from the heavenly realms. Mya is getting used to the idea of having an earthly brother to go with her heavenly one, even though yesterday she said she was mad at God for giving our friends a new little girl and her a brother. They are due the same time and actually had lost a child as well.

Mya is doing Great, she is still one of the shortest in her age, but has dropped the walker and crutches and is learning the joy of scraped knees. Every day something new is discovered like bare feet in grass, or how to jump down stairs. She just had her forth birthday party and I didn't know she had so many friends. Full yard with lots of fun and games and a remarkable cake. I will have to post a picture.

Well good luck with the team, and I will support you all.

julia & nicks mom said:
Deb was it you that dressed up like Santa one year and videotaped it? I might have to do that this year!!!!

Just to help you come up with some more ideas! I had friends do this when there young'ns started asking questions...

They had a neighbor come by one night - dressed for cold weather in his snowsuit (red I might add which was ironic) and his skis, ski poles and sleigh bells. He actually made their back yard look like Santa's sleigh had landed, make hoof prints with his ski poles and actually left "soot prints" around his foot prints (their roof is WAY TOO STEEP for Santa to make a safe landing!)
Last but not least - he ran through their woods in the back yard with a flashlight and red tissue paper and his sleigh bells a ringing - at the "right" moment when everyone was in the kitchen - suddenly "Dad" yells to the kids to look out the window and lo and behold - was that Rudloph we just saw?!

macntosh said:
Well hello Strangers - been awhile since I posted over here, but I think of you often. With the new contest going on I see my two boards have been mated and speaking of mated. Our new one is growing quite well the Dr. says.

We are expecting in April, but if things go like Griffin and Mya then the baby will come in February 8 weeks early.

Oh did I mention Griffin has sent us another Boy from the heavenly realms. Mya is getting used to the idea of having an earthly brother to go with her heavenly one, even though yesterday she said she was mad at God for giving our friends a new little girl and her a brother. They are due the same time and actually had lost a child as well.

Mya is doing Great, she is still one of the shortest in her age, but has dropped the walker and crutches and is learning the joy of scraped knees. Every day something new is discovered like bare feet in grass, or how to jump down stairs. She just had her forth birthday party and I didn't know she had so many friends. Full yard with lots of fun and games and a remarkable cake. I will have to post a picture.

I was thinking about you and your family yesterday--im so glad to see that you posted!
Congratulations on finding out its a boy! I bet Mya will love him!
Im so glad to hear that Mya is doing so well! i cant wait to see a picture!!

macntosh said:

It's great to see you over here again! I read the VMK boards, so I've bumped into you a few times there.

CONGRATS on the baby boy and tell Mya GREAT JOB on the walking and HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY!

Keep checking in over here!

Beth

macntosh said:

Hi Mac, good to see you!!!

Hi Mac! I've been wondering about you and beautiful Mya. I'm so thrilled with her progress. Tell her happy birthday. Congratulations on the new baby!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Was it in your garage? Do you think someone stole it?

Years ago right after MIL passed away someone broke into their garage and stole the Christmas tree and all the ornaments. :guilty: That made me so sad - we don't have any ornaments from when DH was growing up. They pulled the siding off of the garage with a crow bar and dragged out everything they could carry. DH had secured the door so they couldn't get it open, but they were able to steal plenty through the giant hole! (His parents lived in a HORRIBLE neighborhood - all elderly and thugs.)

Actually it probably was in the garage! But no one stole it. They would have gone through much nicer things to get to it. :rotfl: We are not really sure where it is or what happened, but it is nowhere to be found. So, I went to Walmart yesterday and got a new, pre-lit 7 1/2 foot slimline tree that fits perfectly and no one has to put lights on it!

That is so sad that you have no ornaments from when your DH was growing up. I don't have a lot, but there are a couple that mean a lot to me.

I am trying valiantly to get caught up on everyones' past two days. It was so late when we got a start to take Kristin back to Richmond yesterday that I just knew that I-95 was going to be a madhouse. So, I got online and booked a room for just me at the Omni Richmond. Boy was that a smart move! 95 northbound was a parking lot at 4:00 when we headed south and I am sure it only got worse as the night wore on.

So, intsead of having a white-knuckle drive back in the dark last night, I had a delightful dinner of tapas and wine with both DDs. Then, after taking Kristin back to her dorm, Kathrin and I headed back to the Omni and sat in the bar talking and drinking martinis for a couple of hours. After that I headed upstairs to the most heavenly hotel room! They had magazines ready for me, turndown service and robes, a wonderful bed, and this morning they delivered coffee, juice and a toasted bagel to my room. All of this, simply because I belong to their Special Guest program which is free! Not a bad deal; I highly recommend it if you ever think you are planning to stay at an Omni hotel.

Tammi67 said:
I signed up as an audience member awhile back. Is there any confirmation or anything that goes along with that? Has anyone that signed up gotten a reply?

I also signed up on the cheerleader thread. GO KATE, KRISTINE, DELINDA, AND NIKKOLE! Nice to meet you, btw. I hope others from the VMK board come over and introduce themselves as well.
I had signed up at the beginning too when I finally decided that I didn't have time to be part of a team. I did get an emial saying they got my audience spplication. But I went ahead and PMed Mickey1122 asking to be put on "our" team's cheering squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter