The CCS Gallery! Show us your handiwork!

Thanks! I've been quilting for over 15 years, but I'm still learning new things all the time! I design all of my quilts on the computer, so I can see what they are going to look like before I ever cut any fabric. I love seeing what everyone does with their creativity! This is a great forum!

Thanks again!
-Michelle

First-timer said:
wow you are very talented!!! great drawings!!!! vicki

Thank you! I have always loved to draw and I began taking private lessons about 5 months ago. All of the drawings I posted are from before I began my lessons. :thumbsup2

I hope it's okay for me to post here, I've never posted on this board before.

Here's a corset [with complete boning] that I made for homecoming this year, but it never got worn. :guilty: My friends and I decided to not go.

MorganandOliiiveeuhhhpictures001.jpg

And a close up since you can't really see the detail:

MorganandOliiiveeuhhhpictures002.jpg

And this is just for fun. Our art teacher called these "Love Pots."

MorganandOliiiveeuhhhpictures007.jpg

<-- I drew that. :) My handiwork is in every post I make!

I do digital paintings in Photoshop. I do a pencil sketch first, which I scan and reopen in Photoshop, then I "paint" it in just like you would on a canvas, completely losing the original sketch. Upside: no messy cleanup, it's easy to erase mistakes, and you can get some really cool effects if you want to. Downside: no "original" hard piece of art, since it's all digital. :( but they print nice at least, I'm thinking of doing a Disney-themed picture and having them printed on T-shirts for our upcoming trip.

BlindTyldak said:
<-- I drew that. :) My handiwork is in every post I make!

I do digital paintings in Photoshop. I do a pencil sketch first, which I scan and reopen in Photoshop, then I "paint" it in just like you would on a canvas, completely losing the original sketch. Upside: no messy cleanup, it's easy to erase mistakes, and you can get some really cool effects if you want to. Downside: no "original" hard piece of art, since it's all digital. :( but they print nice at least, I'm thinking of doing a Disney-themed picture and having them printed on T-shirts for our upcoming trip.

That would be really neat to have your artwork on T-shirts. Would love to see a picture of those.

x morgan said:

Here's a corset [with complete boning] that I made for homecoming this year, but it never got worn. :guilty: My friends and I decided to not go.

That corset is beautiful! Its so sad that you didn't get to wear it!

MeanLaureen said:
I'll go ahead and put up my latest craft :) I've been making hand beaded dog collars and this fall I started selling them at craft shows. Not enough to retire rich just yet, but I haven't done half bad. :)

collar-pur0004.jpg

collar-grn0007.jpg

collar-blu0004.jpg

loved the bracelets! :flower1:

I really like those dog collars... too cute!

Here is a picture from my mom's Disney scrapbook page (I've yet to do mine)

Wishes.jpg

And here is a card I made for my MIL's birthday. I don't think I'll ever make that one again! Too complicated! LOL :artist:

bdcake.jpg

x morgan said:

I really love that corset. I wish I could sew like that. My mom can sew, so I may talk her into helping me (that means, me cutting the pattern!) a new witch costume for the trick or treaters this year!!

Can I join :yay:

I always think I'm more crafty than I am. I get these huge ideas and sometimes they work, most times they don't :teeth: .

Anyway, I recently made a toy chest and child's rocking chair for my new niece. It started as unfinished furniture and I antiqued it and hand painted the Pooh stuff. The rocking chair has butterflies on it (in case you can't tell :teeth: ). They are all the same color but the lighting is messed up. I also added some grass after the pictures were taken.

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

I have been crocheting for about a year and I am now trying to get into sewing and beading :blush:

Some of my beading....
IMG_3989.jpg

Necklace with polyclay beads

PC-09.jpg

Polyclay earrings

lots of pretty things here..and I can't resist showing off MY obsession..which is polymer Clay :) These are some of the bracelets and beads I have made recently:
cb-002.jpg

cb-001.jpg

k001.jpg

fb018.jpg

and a cane to make beads for MM bracelets :
mickey.jpg

I am completly obsessed with this stuff...can't stop making things! :rotfl:

Hi crafty DISers!

Here are some of the crafts I've done. Beading... some Disney related and other stuff just for fun. Also included is a skirt my partner made for me to wear to the Spirit of Aloha Luau!

Here's a tropical themed necklace & earrings that match my luau skirt:

181966136.jpg

Here's a necklace & earrings I made in honor of Animal Kingdom Lodge called "I Love the Lodge" - I'm going to wear it there on my upcoming trip!:

181966124.jpg

Here is a necklace & earrings all in pink colors:

181966094.jpg

Here's another tropical themed necklace:

181966049.jpg

Here's a summery strawberry necklace inspired by a pretty glass pendant I found:

181966033.jpg

Here's another Animal Kingdom Lodge tribute necklace (zebra inspired):

181965975.jpg

Here's a necklace I made for my sister's birthday, she loves butterflies. I found the marcasite butterfly pendant at a jewelry store and beaded the rest of the necklace:

181965998.jpg

Here's the Disney themed luau skirt my partner (hannacanna) made. We got the fabric really cheap at Jo-ann's! When I saw it I just knew it had to be made into something special for Disney World!

181966013.jpg

Here's a closeup of the luau fabric:

181966008.jpg

stina :wave2:

TinkNH - Love the Polymer clay stuff, your florals are georgeous. I know what you mean about it being addictive, it's so versatile.

Stina - great necklaces - inspiring for beads ;) My new challenge is Lampworking (glass bead making) I'll definitely try those zebra's and cheetahs!

Love the dog collars & the polymer clay stuff!

My main obsession is scrapbooking, but I don't have any pics here at work! I am going to Disney in 8 days!!! I made some mickey mouse hoop earrings for my trip! I also do covered photo albums!

I'm too new for it to let me post pics, though. =(

vanyel said:
That would be really neat to have your artwork on T-shirts. Would love to see a picture of those.

I couldn't find a place I liked the quality of, so we ended up buying shirts off disneyshopping.com, unfortunately.

A larger example of what I do, this one for my daughter's room:

LandHoMediumWebview.jpg

BlindTyldak said:
A larger example of what I do, this one for my daughter's room:

LandHoMediumWebview.jpg
WoW! I loooove it! Your work is amazing! Are you on DA or do you have an online gallery where we can see more? My daughter & I are both digital artists, but not quite up to your level! LOL! I mostly use Photoshop and Painter, and she does vector work in Xara. Here's a quick drawing my daughter Jordan did recently in Xara...

Beast.jpg

BTW, the Kodama tree spirits from Princess Mononoke in your signature are great!!!

-Michelle

mlill said:
WoW! I loooove it! Your work is amazing! Are you on DA or do you have an online gallery where we can see more? My daughter & I are both digital artists, but not quite up to your level! LOL! I mostly use Photoshop and Painter, and she does vector work in Xara. Here's a quick drawing my daughter Jordan did recently in Xara...

Beast.jpg

BTW, the Kodama tree spirits from Princess Mononoke in your signature are great!!!

-Michelle

Hehe, thank you! I only just started teaching myself PS about a year ago, and I'm still learning how it works just by experementation. I'm also using a Wacom Graphire 3 tablet *hugs her tablet* but that pirate picture, for example, was done 100% with the standard "fuzzy" brush with everything at normal settings. Just two days ago I learned about the miraculous world of "color burn". :lmao:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k34/BlindTyldak/

There's a little gallery I tossed together of a few things I've done over the past year . . . *chuckles* It'll be immediately obvious that I'm very much still learning and trying new things.

That Beast is GREAT! Nice quote! :rotfl2: I know NOTHING about vector work, but would love to learn and LOVE sharing ideas and techniques; we should start a digital art thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter