The Cat's Meow November 2020 Exercise Thread

Continuing on with the cats of The Lion King, next up is definitely NOT a cat to admire.

If you've seen The Lion King, then you know Scar is the evil villain who hatches a plan to kill his brother so he can take over the pridelands. But you might know know these Scar fun facts, and you might not know how he got his scar. The two articles contradict each other a bit, but the info is still fun to read.

Last edited:

Today's featured Disney cat is Nala from, of course, The Lion King. She's loyal, determined, and courageous. Like Sarabi, Nala is a cat of admirable character, and she is the truest friend/companion Simba could ever ask for.

Read all about her here and here.

And looking up Nala info leads me to this gem. It's not about Disney's Nala, but the cat is named Nala and her story is a good one so consider it a bonus feature:

Last edited:

+ 45 - mat Pilates and a walk. Starting to walk in the dark more now because the sun is setting before we even finish work! Luckily some folks have already started putting out Christmas/holiday lights so that's fun to see.

645/1200

I apologize for not popping in yesterday. I wasn't feeling very well so I mostly rested. I tried to walk but only managed 10 minutes, bringing me to:

1555/2300

Feeling better today and trying to decide if I have enough energy to hang out with the horses.

Speaking of pawsome, the final two Lion King cats are pretty pawsome indeed. We've made it to the father-son duo of Mufasa and Simba.

Mufasa, voiced by James Earl Jones in both the animated and live action films, was
'the King of the Pride Lands, father of Simba, and mate of Sarabi. He is shown to be a wise and fair ruler, who follows the "Circle of Life". " (Disney Fandom) Here are some words of wisdom from Mufasa.

Simba is the son of Mufasa and Sarabi and heir to the Pride Lands. As a cub, he has many adventures with his best friend Nala. However, when tragedy befalls the family, Simba leaves the pride and ends up on a journey of self-discovery. He eventually returns and takes his rightful place in the pride. A couple of my favorite Simba scenes are :

and

Ready to find out which Lion King character you are? Complete this quiz to find out and let us know the results. You'll need to scroll part way down the page before the quiz questions begin.

I got Mufasa, and I'm okay with that.

P.S. Which food did you end up choosing? LOL. I chose worms because I was thinking mostly of the dried meal worms my chickens eat. I thought maybe if they were dried, the worm texture wouldn't be as bad. I thought about ants, though, since they are sometimes very small. Hmm . . . maybe that would be better - but also dried!

+45

690/1200

I got Mufasa. And I picked ants, as the least bad of the offered options. They are pretty small. If they are covered in chocolate, so much the better.

60-minute Pilates class

750/1200

Last edited:
No color changes so far today, but we have more Disney cats to celebrate!

Did you know Disneyland has its own clowder (term for a group of 3 or more cats) of cats living in the parks? Here is a recent article about how they are faring during the pandemic. And here is a website devoted to the resident kitties. Be sure to click on the cat profiles menu. From there, you can find bios and pics of the individual cats.

If you've been to Disneyland have you spotted any of these hard working cats?

No color changes so far today, but we have more Disney cats to celebrate!

Did you know Disneyland has its own clowder (term for a group of 3 or more cats) of cats living in the parks? Here is a recent article about how they are faring during the pandemic. And here is a website devoted to the resident kitties. Be sure to click on the cat profiles menu. From there, you can find bios and pics of the individual cats.

If you've been to Disneyland have you spotted any of these hard working cats?
That is so cool! Btw, on the Lion King quiz, I got Timon, apparently, on account of my charisma. Lol.

I have minutes to add! 60 from Saturday, 40 from Monday, and another 60 from Tuesday, so +160.

440/700

There is a recent thread on the Disneyland board about the Disneyland cats, sparked by that article.

We have seen cats by Grizzly Peak in DCA and by the Disneyland hotel. WDW also has cats -- we saw one during a late, late extra magic hour, prowling in Adventureland.

How fun that you've actually seen some of these cats! I had no idea WDW had them, too. Thanks for that bit of info. Will see if I can find a site for them, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!