The "Boo to Us" Weight Loss Challenge

I can't wait to do a whole lotta walking in WDW next week! I have a pedometer I'm bringing with me so I can see how much we walk while we're there! And I'm going to try REALLY hard to be good on my trip! I already know I'm not counting points, but the good thing about WW is that is teaches you to be aware of what you're eating!

At least you have a weight loss plan! :thumbsup2 Is everyone on this thread going to WDW next week but me? :sad2:

This morning I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast and avocado for breakfast. I had a large skim milk latte with 1 sugar for morning tea.
Went to lunch with some girlfriends and I ended up having a chicken fried rice. Ate about half the serve and felt good about keeping within the recommended portion sizes :(

I also went for a brisk 45 minute walk this afternoon.

Tonight, I feel like having pizza for dinner! So, we're going to order a cheese pizza for my son and probably a pizza with anchovies and olives for me. Completely not quite within WW allowances; I know! I know!

I'm also looking forward to doing LOTS of walking at the World.
I won't be taking a pedometer with me; so I'll be very curious to know how far you're walking, Simba!

Another reasonable day.

Toast for breakfast, NO sugar with my coffee.
Roast beef, coleslaw and mayo sandwich for lunch. A can of Fanta....(only soft drink for the week so far).
Dinner will be Fish and Chips. Still within WW guidelines IF I remove the fish from the batter....for me, the chances of that happening are Buckley's to non!

But I will think about doing so and muse on this thread....when DH and DS come home with dinner...:lmao:

I did pretty well yesterday, I had eggs and whole wheat toast for breakfast and a small amount of tuna salad for lunch, and since I made that at home, I know it was healthy. For dinner I had a smart ones and an apple with peanut butter. Unfortunately this delicious discovery (I had never paired the two before) has led to me wanting apples and peanut butter all the time! Just what I need, a new craving! I did manage to avoid soda yesterday and instead drank a giant bottle of water! Today is off to a decent start, I had whole wheat banana nut cheerios with skim milk. Hopefully the rest of the day goes well too!

Another reasonable day.

Toast for breakfast, NO sugar with my coffee.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:
I can't even imagine drinking coffee without sugar! The horror! The HORROR!!!!!

I think my scale is broken :confused3 It still says that I weighed 214lbs but it kept changing to different numbers every time I would get off and get back on. I tried 5 times...3 times it said 214 so I figured I would go with that. Looks like I need a new one...

:scared1::scared1::scared1:
I can't even imagine drinking coffee without sugar! The horror! The HORROR!!!!!

It's almost enough to make me give up drinking coffee...

tigrou-grimace-langue.gif

I think my scale is broken :confused3 It still says that I weighed 214lbs but it kept changing to different numbers every time I would get off and get back on. I tried 5 times...3 times it said 214 so I figured I would go with that. Looks like I need a new one...

I figure the scale isn't broken; rather, it could be dyslexic. It really means to says 124 lbs.

happy-cheerleader-130.gif

Okay. Share a healthy meal time!

Here's a picture of my most delicious tuna salad I had for lunch last week. Sorry - took me a while to unpack it from my camera.

1009GardenShots036.jpg

Lettuce, avocado, cucumber, 1 boiled egg (per person) and a medium can of tuna.
Dressing consisted of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Yum!

princess::upsidedow

So yesterday I was pretty good.

Yogurt and Applesauce for breakfast (1 protein-later counted as dairy, 1-fruit)
1/2 can chili, with onions & cheese for lunch (1 protein, 1 veg, 1 fat)
Mickey-D's Cheeseburger, some fries, side salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette, fruit & Yogurt Parfait (1 protein, 2 grains, 1 veg, 1 fat, 1 fruit)
After swing band, 3 oz ground turkey rolled with spinach and cottage cheese (1 protein, 1 veg, 1 fat)

Leftover 1 fat, 3 veg but everything else was accounted for.

I was rewarded on the scale this morning. 2 lbs will get me past my first goal...

Today....

Yogurt for breakfast. (can be a protien or a dairy)
Lunch Original Recipe Chicken Thigh from KFC, side of Cole Slaw, here's the problem an apple pie (1 protein, 1 veg, 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1 or 1/2 a grain, and probably at least another fat)
Dinner, a Bertolli Chicken Farfalle pasta meal (1 protein, 1 or more grain, 1 veg, 1 or more fat)

Calculating the calories, I come up with 1085, except I can't find an accurate apple pie calorie count online, unless it is what they call apple Turnover which is 260 calories! :scared1: Still I'm well within my 1300-1500 calorie food intake. Hopefully this time next week I will be celebrating my first milestone! :cool1: It's been 5+ months in the making so I hope I have good news!

So here's my BiPolar food report...I've been REALLY good, trying to stay within the guidelines of my program, and it has paid off. My weight keeps going down, slowly but at least it is going down. I've been cutting down on the wine too, so that has helped. I am less than two pounds from getting to the under 200 mark! Once I get there, I am celebrating by having an awesome dinner!

So here is the BiPolar part. For breakfast I had this turkey patty melt. It fits perfectly in my menu plan. 1 slice rye bread, 3 oz turkey patty, onion and a slice of cheese as far as my plan goes, however, tonight I also made a pineapple upsidedown cake, so there is the good vs bad...

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

Love the look of that cake! and the turkey patty melt! YAY to sub-200 lbs!

If you've had a bipolar meal, then I'm having a mono or uni-polar weekend. All I've done is eat! I'm heading to WW tomorrow night to get weighed in.....:scared1:

Love the look of that cake! and the turkey patty melt! YAY to sub-200 lbs!

If you've had a bipolar meal, then I'm having a mono or uni-polar weekend. All I've done is eat! I'm heading to WW tomorrow night to get weighed in.....:scared1:

Not so good today, but what did I think would happen when I ate the cake! They say your weight fluctuates, so I'll call it water weight. :lmao: And not to help things, we're going out to breakfast this morning!

I have decided i need to drink more water. A friend of mine is doing a diet and they tell her any day she goes "off plan" then the next day she needs to drink extra water. So she went out of town and when she came back she had gained a few pounds so she drank a ton of water and lost it the next day! I'm sure this own't be a miracle solution, but since I almost NEVER drink water, it can't hurt right?

My doctor has a formula for how much water one should drink. Take your weight in pounds, divide it by two, and that is the amount of water you should drink every day in ounces. Drinking water will not be a miracle cure for weight loss, I drink about 3 liters every day and it doesn't help me! :rotfl2: However, you will feel a lot better when your body is hydrated.

I drink somewhere between 2 and 3 litres of water a day. Doesn't help my weight loss either....but I do feel a lot more "zingy" after I have water.....wait....it could be the coffee (no sugar) caffeine hit that comes with my water !! :lmao:

Only real water counts!!!! Just because there is water in your coffee, it doesn't count as water points! :rotfl2: I had something poignant to say here, but I'm too tired and forgot what it was! I hope tomorrow that I will weigh in less, but with this pineapple upsidedown cake in our fridge I somehow doubt it! :lmao: Perhaps later this week I may hit my under 200 goal.

Good night!

Checking in with my weigh in tonight....it is NOT a pretty sight; but it could have been so much worse.

I have not stepped on the scales for over a month. It has been school holidays in Oz and, well, eating has been a feature of the holidays.

So, I weighed in and gained 0.7 kg; which I think is about 1.5 lbs :scared1:. No weigh in until November, when we get back from the World.

Ah well, back to drinking water....

Given my less than desired results on the scales, today I kept on target....sort of! :rotfl:

Breakfast: coffee with a berry muffin (yes I know that the muffin is high in points)
Lunch: thai beef salad
Snack: Mango
Dinner: Baked potato, cheese, baked beans, coleslaw and avocado (our standard Tuesday night dinner).

Here's my picture of dinner....

1019Food002.jpg

So, aside from the muffin, I had pretty low points meals for lunch and dinner.

And I should have posted these sooner.....here's Saturday's dinner.

I bought the Chicken Involtini at the market and roasted it in the oven for about 40 minutes. My son and I shared it and I made some gravy to go with it. I served it with peas and corn........

1018OPScertificate011.jpg

and also with asparagus, lightly blanched, shaved parmesan and salt and pepper.

1018OPScertificate010.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter