The "Boo to Us" Weight Loss Challenge

PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
This thread germinated from the 'Boo to Me' PTR. In the DisBoard tradition, any good PTR will at some point discuss the need to stay healthy, get fit and lose some weight for a trip to the World.

It would appear that a number of us following that thread need the:
  • motivation
  • challenge
  • support
  • competition
in order to stay on track to lose weight.

Anyone out there who feels like they would like to join in, please do so!

So, let the posting begin (or continue).

princess::upsidedow

This thread germinated from the 'Boo to Me' PTR. In the DisBoard tradition, any good PTR will at some point discuss the need to stay healthy, get fit and lose some weight for a trip to the World.

It would appear that a number of us following that thread need the:
  • motivation
  • challenge
  • support
  • competition
in order to stay on track to lose weight.

Anyone out there who feels like they would like to join in, please do so!

So, let the posting begin (or continue).

:lmao: Thanks for starting it! :hug:

This is me!

0710MyselfJuly10.jpg

I'm 5' 4" and I would like to lose about 5 - 10 kg (12 - 25 lbs). I have made it once as a lifetime member of weight watchers and right now, I am about 7 kgs over my goal weight, which doesn't seem like much. It may as well be 70 kgs given how long I've been trying to lose it.

My problem is that I like eating too much of these things (in no particular order):

P5280006.jpg

0821IceCreamConeAugust21.jpg

0801MichaelCupcakesBAugust01.jpg

And I am completely addicted to having one of these in the morning, preferably with one sugar. I know, I know! I have to stop the one sugar ;).

0805002.jpg

I plan to go to a WW meeting and pay them money for the pleasure of weighing me at least 3 times in the month......starting when I get back from my NOT NOT trip in November.

And yes....I know posting my favourite foods in the early posts is NOT a good way to stay on track; but it does say a lot about me and my lack of motivation.
Hoping that I'll soon have a few co-partners on this journey!

I'm in!

I am 5'6" and I consider myself HUGE...I weigh over 200 pounds now. :( It's ridiculous, don't know how I let myself get to this point, but something needs to be done!

I am going to WDW in November, in exactly 5 weeks and I'd LOVE to lose 20 pounds by then. I know myself, and how I lose weight and I know that it IS possible for me to do, if I work out and stick with a diet (Weight watchers works best for me) but I've been having a really hard time with being good and motivated lately. I'll be ok for a day and then I'll be back to my old habits of eating whatever I feel like for a few days. Then I weigh myself and wonder why I haven't lost any weight. :confused3

My long term goals are to get to between 130 and 140...for my height that is a good weight for me. A few years ago I weighed as little as 113, was a size 3, and everyone told me I looked sick because I was so skinny, so I definitely do not want to look like that again! I just want to be healthy, look good, and be able to wear clothes with a single digit size again! :rotfl:

I'm in! I would like to lose about 50 lbs ideally, but I'd at first be happy with just getting in the under 200 club first.

This is me:

IMG_4082-1.jpg

Here are my vices:

Cheshire Tails, & Tigger Tails....

IMG_4118.jpg

Cafe Orleans French Onion Soup

IMG_4198.jpg

A Monte Cristo Sandwich (for two)

IMG_4199.jpg

Not to mention I love pasta! Especially Macaroni & Cheese these are my downfalls.

So this is the diet that I'm following. I don't know if you can read this it's very small, but it's a 1300-1500 calorie per day diet. I did really good before Fran's surgery, but since I'm sick I've been very bad about this whole diet thing. I need to get back to it.

DietScan.jpg

Well the diet is tiny but if you have good eyes you can read it!

Yay, time for my intro! :yay:

Okay, so this is me:

P1050511.jpg

I'm the one in the baseball hat.

My reasons for wanting to lose weight are, simply, to be in a healthier position. For my weight, I am actually quite healthy. My cholesterol and blood pressure are fine. I'm not diabetic. I can run if I need to (usually to catch a bus) and my joints work just fine.

However, I work at an assisted living facility as a CNA (which is probably why I'm healthy for my weight :confused3) and many of our residents are overweight. One resident who recently moved out was so large that she required the help of three people to get up if she fell down (which happened fairly regularly). There are a couple others who are still here who are like that. I've seen many of our residents go from being able bodied and walking to riding in scooters as their joints degrade under their weight. I don't want to be like that. At my old facility, there was one woman who needed the help of three people just to roll over in bed. All the CNAs would be like "Dang, I have ___ today. This is going to suck." Except me, because all I could think about was "That could be me in forty years".

So, my goal is to not be the fat old lady in the nursing home who needs the help of three people to get off the floor or, worse, just to turn over in bed. Yes, it's a very long-term goal, I know.

Anyway, I'm 5'9" or so and currently weigh 308.4 (or, I did yesterday). Ideally, I'd like to get down to the 150-175 range. This is going to take a very long time, as that means I'd be losing about half of my body weight. I'd like to be able to shop at stores that don't only sell clothes that make me look like a couch or a hideous painting.

My biggest problems are poor impulse control, emotional eating, and a general love of food. I'm a bit of a hedonist, to be honest. I also work a very crazy schedule and don't particularly like working out, but I do like my Wii Active.

My top three vices when it comes to food are as follows:

italian_beef2.jpg

Italian beef. It's a Chicago thing. I like mine without peppers, and with melted mozzarella or provolone on top, with the bread dipped.

LouMalnatideepdishpizza.gif

Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza. Specifically, sausage with buttercrust.

1cpj3c.jpg

19mvbt.jpg

Baking. I LOVE to bake. It makes me happy :) And yes, those are both things I was making at some point. The first is a chocolate and peanut butter cake and the second is a bunch of cookies (and some chocolate covered marshmallows, since I had extra chocolate).

I have other vices, but those are the biggest.

I've lost about 7 pounds in the last few weeks and I'm not quite sure how, to be honest. I think it's because I haven't been drinking as much pop (or soda, if you prefer) lately as I used to. I've been sticking with water.

Starting November 1, I plan to start really working on my weight. I've been doing a little of it (cutting down on soda, or not drinking any at all, as well as watching portion sizes), but not really enough. At this point, I'm just going to wait until I get back from my trip, since I leave in two weeks and then that following weekend, a friend will be here from out of town and I promised to take her for an Italian beef :lmao:

But yeah, starting 11/1, I'm going to make an effort to use my Wii Active, as well as ride the stationary bike we have in the house. I'm planning on continuing to watch portion sizes, as I seriously do love food too much to cut anything out besides soda. You should hear my uncle and I bicker about bread. Oh my god I love bread. He hates it because he thinks it makes him fat. I've also been trying to take the stairs at work instead of the elevator, but that's not always possible.

So... Yeah. :teeth:

Yay!

I just want to be healthy, look good, and be able to wear clothes with a single digit size again! :rotfl:

I don't think I wore clothes in single digits since I was in Jr. High! This is me in HS and I was still wearing size 13-14.

Me_and_Elinor.jpg

I know I'll never look like that again, but I would be OK to look like this.

DisneyStudios020.jpg

However with this cold, I'm having a heck of a time eating healthy. But I'm not having a problem with portion control, I could barely finish the 1/2 the burger that I made for Fran and me. :lmao:

Since this thread was started, everytime I wanna eat, I'm thinking about it :thumbsup2.

I did indulge in a White Chocolate and Macadamia nut cookie (we called them biscuits here in Oz) and some fruit mentos yesterday....but kept thinking that I was going to need to 'fess up to it here :scared1:.
(There! That wasn't so bad.....not :scared:)

On the plus side, I had a healthy tuna salad for dinner, bircher muesli for breakfast and I just made a sandwich with the leftover tuna salad for lunch. Morning coffee did NOT have sugar in it and I'm resorting to drinking tea (don't feel compelled to tip in any sweet stuff with the tea).

Dinner is going to be way off-plan. We have a wedding to go to. I doubt I'll be able to stay good.....popcorn::

I don't think I wore clothes in single digits since I was in Jr. High! This is me in HS and I was still wearing size 13-14.

Me_and_Elinor.jpg

I know I'll never look like that again, but I would be OK to look like this.

DisneyStudios020.jpg

However with this cold, I'm having a heck of a time eating healthy. But I'm not having a problem with portion control, I could barely finish the 1/2 the burger that I made for Fran and me. :lmao:

Alison - Is that you standing up? OMG! You're gorgeous in both shots!
Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Joining in! I have always been overweight, never by more than I am now, but I attribute that to having a baby. I have never been "skinny" and I don't want to be. I currently weight around 165 and I am 5 feet tall. When I was 3 months pregnant I weighed 171, and I never broke 200 during my pregnancy, which I was grateful for becausr it meant I had less to lose after Jack was born. I did pretty well the first few months, I was using Weight Watchers which has worked for me and my family in the past, but as soon as I started back to work... I just didn't have time to be as healthy.

I have plenty of reasons to lose the weight, I have a photo shoot coming up on our December Disney trip, plus a wedding I am going to be in at the end of April, and then a cruise to celebrate my sister's graduation in May! My goal is to be able to rock a bathing suit I actually like when we are tanning by the pool, drinks in hand, cruising through those Caribbean waters.

My other big motivation is that I dont feel comfortable trying to date anyone right now, or joining the dating scene. I want to feel more confident before "putting myself out there" especially since I am a single mom, which don't get me wrong- I am thrilled about, but already limits my dating pool.

I know I am not going to lose all my weight in the sixty-something days before my trip (wow is it really that close??) but I would like to lose 15-20 pounds by then. By April I would like to have lost 40 pounds. I would like to be at 125, which I think is slightly higher than the "ideal weight" the doctor would give me, but I am not interested in hating my life, (and I have big ****s as well as muscular legs, which add weight :rotfl:)

As far as how I am going to get there... I am really going to get on the exercise train. I think my family is getting a Wii fit, and I have a jogging stroller I plan to start using more often. We are healthy eaters more frequently than not, but I need to learn to control my cravings. We are doing Deluxe dining at Disney, so I would prefer to lose 20 pounds by then so that if I gain a few it won't feel like such a setback.
This is me when Jack was 4 weeks old (at Disneyland)
ry%3D400

This is me last November on our Bahamas cruise
ry%3D400

This is me at a wedding in May (that guy is my dad)
ry%3D400

So i can do a pretty good job of disguising my weight, but I would just rather it not be there! :lmao:

I thought I'd put up what I had for lunch at work tonight. I'm not really working on my weight hardcore until November 1, but I'm still doing little things.

So today, I brought this for lunch, with my Camelbak bottle, which I've been using for months now to have water at work instead of pop:

image002rg.jpg

Mixed grapes.

image003dx.jpg

And a turkey and salami sandwich with cheddar cheese on a roll. It wasn't as big as it looks :lmao: It was good, though :) I put one slice of cheese, three slices each of roast turkey and hard salami, and 1tbsp of mayonnaise on one side of the roll, with 1tsp of mustard on the other side.

And I didn't buy anything from here:
image005av.jpg

What do you guys think? Good? I'm really not sure, but it's better than what I had for lunch last night :lmao:

I thought I'd put up what I had for lunch at work tonight. I'm not really working on my weight hardcore until November 1, but I'm still doing little things.

So today, I brought this for lunch, with my Camelbak bottle, which I've been using for months now to have water at work instead of pop:

image002rg.jpg

Mixed grapes.

image003dx.jpg

And a turkey and salami sandwich with cheddar cheese on a roll. It wasn't as big as it looks :lmao: It was good, though :) I put one slice of cheese, three slices each of roast turkey and hard salami, and 1tbsp of mayonnaise on one side of the roll, with 1tsp of mustard on the other side.

And I didn't buy anything from here:
image005av.jpg

What do you guys think? Good? I'm really not sure, but it's better than what I had for lunch last night :lmao:

Love salami, too, but.... not that healthy for us! A better choice might be turkey with low-fat cheese and veggies on a whole grain roll. :) If I could eat anything I wanted for lunch without consequences, honestly, I'd eat a cheeseburger everyday, lol. But since that ain't gonna happen, I keep working on making better choices. :goodvibes

Love salami, too, but.... not that healthy for us! A better choice might be turkey with low-fat cheese and veggies on a whole grain roll. :) If I could eat anything I wanted for lunch without consequences, honestly, I'd eat a cheeseburger everyday, lol. But since that ain't gonna happen, I keep working on making better choices. :goodvibes

Honestly, that sandwich was better than what I would have eaten if I wasn't thinking about it when I threw my lunch together before I left for work. Before I decided that I was really going to try and lose weight, my lunches were much less healthy. I work 12-hour shifts, so whatever I bring is whatever I have unless I order out (obviously not doing that) or get something from the vending machine (also obvious), so that was the only thing I'll have eaten in fourteen hours when I get home at 8am. So, while it may not be the best thing in the world, it's the only thing I'm eating tonight. :confused3

But yeah, if I'd had what I really wanted, it would've been fried chicken and fries and a biscuit from Popeye's :lmao:

Yay! I'm here!

I am currently 5'6 and weigh about 215lbs. I have been pretty much the same size since my junior year of high school (which is about 12 years now). I practically went from kids clothes right to misses sizes. I never got to wear those cute clothes for "juniors." In my adult life, the smallest pants size I've worn was a 13 and that was from 7th - 9th grade. Last year, I gained a bunch of weight and at Christmas, I was at my all time heaviest of 235lbs. I started WW (unofficially) in February and lost about 20lbs. Then I kind of fell off the band wagon for a while. I just started getting back into in within the last couple of weeks.

Last year, I bought 2 pairs of capris and a pair of shorts to bring to WDW with me. I gained so much weight that I ended up not fitting into them. I tried them on about 2 weeks ago and they FIT! I was so excited! That's when I realized that I needed to stop messing around and start counting my WW points again, because otherwise the clothes wouldn't fit by the time we get to WDW on the 19th.

My biggest problem is my addiction to "desserts." I can eat a nice dinner and feel like if I eat any more of it, I will puke. But if you put ice cream or cookies in front of me, I will eat it!

My next biggest problem is eating out and buying "prepared food.". It's so much easier for me to count points if the nutritional info is right there, and I don't have to "guess" at a serving size. But we are also really trying to keep ourselves on a budget and money is really tight. So it's frustrating for me a lot of the time!

We recently started a "Biggest Loser" competition at my job. There are 7 of us playing...the first week I lost 1lb, the 2nd week I stayed the same, and this past week we didn't weigh in because there was a lot going on that day. The people that know my weight tell me I "hide it very well" because I don't look like 215. But I don't want to "hide it," I want to get rid of it! :laughing:

Here is me (this is in WDW one year ago, when I was at my heaviest):

DHS10.jpg

Obviously, I'm not the one wearing the green spandex! :rotfl2:

Here is another one, and I'm posting the worst pics of myself from that trip for motivational purposes!

SDC10488.jpg

This was our first morning, leaving POP and headed to Epcot. All I remember thinking was how uncomfortable I was because my capris were too tight and my shirt was not long enough (the "girls" are kinda big and cause my shirts to ride up which is EXTREMELY annoying). I pretty much spent the entire day pulling at my clothes and trying to adjust them.

My goal when I started WW in February was to lose 35lbs all together and just get down to 200 even, by our next Disney trip. Well, I lost 20 and our trip is in 9 days so I didn't QUITE meet it. If I had stuck with it the whole time, I definitely would have. So now, it's my goal to get down to 200 by the end of the year and then next year, my goal will be to lose another 25lbs by our next WDW trip in October 2011.

Rather than post pics and make us all start drooling over junk we shouldn't eating, here is a list of my vices:

Friendly's Honey BBQ Chicken Supermelt
I'm allowed 28 WW points per day and this sandwich is 24 points by itself.

Ice Cream
I bought Fat Free, Sugar Free chocolate ice cream which is only like 2 points per serving....but it's just not the same as a pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
The cookies by Pillsbury (the refrigerated pre cut dough) are only 1 point each. But 2 cups of skim milk is 4 points so when you add in a few cookies, it's easy to get to 10 points with just that.

McDonald's
'Nuff said!

Coffee
It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't put 7 teaspoons of sugar in it and 1/2 a cup of half & half....:rolleyes1

So I've never done WW, but does everyone get 28 points per day, or is there some sort of sliding scale? My diet is a little like "points" but I think it's more specific and has to be divided out over basic food groups. Mostly vegetables.

My biggest downfall is right here....

IMG_3428.jpg

Lots of calories in wine! I need to be careful on this one. Otherwise, I'd probably lose a ton of weight! :lmao:

Looks like the gang's all here! :cool1:

Well, I completely blew my WW points last night at the wedding....and the food wasn't that good. :sad2:

Firstly, the wedding was beautiful. It was the second time round for both groom and bride; so they wanted a low key, no fuss wedding. They picked a 'homestead' out in a country setting that had a restaurant. There were about 60 of us there.

The appetisers (we call it entree in Oz) were pumpkin soup or a tuna puff pastry. At least we think it was tuna.....we really couldn't tell...and the soup was cold.
The entree (we call it main course in Oz) were swordfish or beef steak, with carrots, broccoli and mash potatoes. Everything was cold or lukewarm at best. And there was no sauce accompanying either protein; so thankfully we could use the water that came with the carrots and broccoli. :rolleyes:

The dessert was THE best part of the meal; only because the restaurant was NOT responsible for it. We got served the wedding cake, which was a rich chocolate cake (or a mildly dense chocolate mud cake) with white chocolate icing. The cake was YUM :love:.

When I download my pictures, I'll post the cake - because Alison loves wedding cakes popcorn:: and ...... also......because it will be torture for all of us! :lmao:

Ah well, back on the bandwagon today.....:rolleyes1

So I've never done WW, but does everyone get 28 points per day, or is there some sort of sliding scale? My diet is a little like "points" but I think it's more specific and has to be divided out over basic food groups. Mostly vegetables.

My biggest downfall is right here....

IMG_3428.jpg

Lots of calories in wine! I need to be careful on this one. Otherwise, I'd probably lose a ton of weight! :lmao:

:wave2:

WW does work off points per day and it is a scale.....some people get 28 points, some get 24. I've got 20 points to deal with. Effectively, the points are supposed to be an easier way of tracking calories.

I lost 19 kg (it's early...I haven't had my coffee....and cannot convert this to lbs.....conversion rate is 2.2 lbs = 1 kg) about 5 years ago and hit goal weight. So, it worked for me. But I haven't been diligent about tracking/maintenance so I've put on about 1 or 2 kgs a year. So, before I put too much more on, I thought I'd try and lose some of it. Well, I've lost about 3-4 kilos since the start of the year and would like to lose another 5 - 7 kgs. 5 kilos would get me back to goal. A little bit more would give me that buffer.

You're allowed wine on the WW tracking scheme - it just chews up more points; the other Boo to Us' can confirm as I'm not a big wine drinker - WW advocate no more than 2 glasses per week?

Good job on your previous weight loss, hopefully the last part won't be so tough.

You're allowed wine on the WW tracking scheme - it just chews up more points; the other Boo to Us' can confirm as I'm not a big wine drinker - WW advocate no more than 2 glasses per week?

:scared1: per week? No wonder I can't lose any weight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!