The best travel deal you ever paid for?

Great Price, Well done!

I think if its the same one we stayed at overnight a few years ago, you got a great deal. We were on the last flight back to Orlando, with an airlines that shall be nameless forever more to us, and they cancelled several flights stranding us in NYC, at least they let us know early that they were not flying and the hotel we were at could not find us another room to stay there, and we grab the probably one of the only rooms around at Hilton garden inn and it was like well over 300.00 for the night.
It's like a dominoes game when one thing goes wrong and the flight is cancelled, then it all has an unfortunate ripple effect, with all the expense, right?

I have a brochure of Orlando; there are certainly a lot of things to do there...

Years ago I got $10 airline tickets from a new airline -- was Blue in the name?
We went to New Orleans for spring break. Not a great trip, but loved the price of the plane tickets.

Our last trip to Disney, in 2018, we paid just under $1500 CDN for 5 round trip flights from Vancouver to Orlando. That was a great deal!

In 2008 we paid $88 for an 8 day mid-sized car rental in Orlando. We got a suite in Las Vegas for $59/night that overlooked the strip.

Does our Wish trip for our daughter count? A free trip to Aulani!

$2400 for our family of 4 on RCCL in a junior suite for 8 nights out of Bayonne in April (during a popular April break week). A quick drive down to NJ and away we went.

This January browsing Getaway deals with Interval International (company we use to trade our timeshare for other vacation spots)- snagged two weeks at Royal Cancun in Mexico for this past March- was over my (do over) milestone birthday that got cancelled last year. $347 for first week, $377 for second week. 2 bedroom by pool, steps to beach and beach bar. View from our lanai. Resort maybe 40% full. Flights were still cheap too. $640 for 3 of us RT One of our best vacations ever.
Back in my WDW Ap days- oldest dd and I caught Frontier flights that were $24 one way and $34(? May have been $44) back home for a last minute trip-she was between DCP’s (found out she was accepted for her 2nd program while we were there-and my birthday too). We took backpacks for the 3 nights we were there, no luggage for us!401F6812-4428-4D2A-9071-9C3374D85911.jpeg

In early November of 2013 we booked a 4 day Florida Resident Disney dream cruise five night before it set sail. For three (two adults and a 9 year old) we booked a family verandah cabin for just under $1000. Upon arrival at the port we inquired about upgrades. For an additional $700 we were upgraded to a concierge one bedroom cabin. We were assigned cabin 12000, which sits dead center of the front of the ship between the Roy and Walt Disney cabins. It has a huge verandah that is partially covered. We had the time of our lives being spoiled and all for less then what we typically would pay for a 4 day in an inside cabin.

Yes, our nine year old was stuck doing school work a few hours each morning. But it was far better supervising math problems from our breakfast on the verandah enjoying the beautiful view then afternoons spent at our kitchen island as I prepared dinner.

We learned our lesson well, as Florida residents we always have updated passports handy and we check the Florida resident DCL rates religiously. Over the years we have scored some pretty fantastic deals. Fall and late spring after spring break tend to be when we have found the best deals. Nothing has been as good as the one above, but having the ability to leave fairly last minute has blessed us a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter