The Best Pizza

knockem

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in June and I am looking for the best place to get the best pizza. It can be anywhere in Disney - Thanks....

Disney isn't really known for pizza. I've never had a "really good" pizza at Disney. There is a new Pizzarea being built in Epcot's Italy. Hopefully it will be great pizza

From what I've read here the Pizza in the Parks is subpar. I'm not sure about the Resort delivery pizza. If the New Pizza place is truely Italian then the Pizza will be outstanding!:thumbsup2

Not until the new Italian place opens up there is no good pizza place in WDW. I am optimist the authentic one will be great.

Wolfgang Puck/Express in DTD has the best pizza in WDW in my opinion, if you are looking for an option now.

This thread is kinda depressing...but true. There's really no great pizza option.

WPE is pretty good, but not outstanding. I did have a pretty good white pizza at Tony's Town Square once, but I'm not too sure that it's on the menu anymore.

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in June and I am looking for the best place to get the best pizza. It can be anywhere in Disney - Thanks....
If you want the best deep dish pizza delivered to you, check out Giordano's web-site. They've delivered to us at SSR and OKW, we meet the delivery driver at the lobby. It's just another option. Their pizza beats anything available at Disney thus far!

All Disney pizza is made from the same crust, same sauce, same cheese, same toppings... regardless of location. And none of it is good. Disney does a lot of things right. Pizza isn't one of them.

We're New York-style pizza people, so we were reluctant to try Giordanno's. However, we did find out that they have a thin crust pizza, too. We tried it and thought it was pretty good. It's not great, but is the best we've had in Disney/ Orlando.

http://www.giordanos.com/index.html

Look for the one in Lake Buena Vista.

When is that pizza place in Italy supposed to open, does anyone know?

I've read that Via Napoli is supposed to open in the fall.

My opinion - WDW Pizza is not edible. If you really need to get pizza you should go try Wolfgang Puck's Express. The pizza from there can at least be called pizza.

I laughed as I read these posts. :rotfl: We did have the pizza from Wolfgang's Express in DTD and we loved it (Marghareta sp?). We like thin crust too and thought is was delish! :thumbsup2

Never tried it anywhere else...guess we won't now after reading these. :rolleyes1 Too bad they cannot "fix" the pizza problem...so many people would order it and have it delievered.

So, what's sooo bad about these Disney pizza's? I know, everything. LOL Do they just taste cheap??? Can you order a thin crust?

So, what's sooo bad about these Disney pizza's? I know, everything. LOL Do they just taste cheap??? Can you order a thin crust?

Disney pizza is thin crust.

The problem is the lack of flavor. Tasteless crust. Bland sauce. Toppings out of a bag. Cheap cheese.

It just seems like pizza was an afterthought to the folks at Disney. Just something they threw together when they realized they could make a buck.

If you want to try it for yourself, they do sell it everywhere: Room delivery at all resorts, Pizza Planet at DHS, Electric Umbrella at Epcot, Pizzafari at the AK, Pinnochio's Village Haus at the MK, the Boardwalk Pizza window, etc.

As I said before, Disney does a lot of things right... pizza just isn't one of those things!

I agree with everybody else that the pizza on property is a complete disaster. Disney has made such wonderful strides in the quality and variety of its food in the last decade. It's a shame the pizza has not improved. I have lived most of my life in and around New York City before attending college here in Syracuse. I am not expecting authentic New York pizza, because that is impossible to find just about anywhere. But the stuff Disney passes off as pizza is somewhat embarrassing, utilizing a cardboard crust, tasteless sauce and cheap cheese.

All that said, I do enjoy the pizzas at Wolfgang Puck Express. They are the California style made popular by places like California Pizza Kitchen and are quite good. I used to love the spicy chicken pizza, but I hear that has unfortunately been removed from the menu.

Here's hoping Via Napoli improves this pizza conundrum, but my expectations are low.

If you want the best deep dish pizza delivered to you, check out Giordano's web-site. They've delivered to us at SSR and OKW, we meet the delivery driver at the lobby. It's just another option. Their pizza beats anything available at Disney thus far!

Agreed.. their Pizza is really awesome and its the best you'll find the area

I actually LOVE the veggie pizza at Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios.

We do also, I like those grilled veggies on top, plus the salad, drink and a cookie. This is the only place we go in HS. Wolfgang Puck express is also good for pizza.

Is Giordanos where Pizzeria Uno was? or is Uno still there?
I do like that veggie pizza at Planet pizza. I was there 2 weeks ago and grabbed a cheese pizza and salad combo there at the outdoor eating area near TOT....I always got no dressing because I used the KENS honey mustand dressing out on the condiment bar which was for chicken fingers I'm sure.
BUT now they have replaced Ken's dressing with HEINZ honey mustard YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKO!!!!!!
So IF I have to have pizza in the park, I will head back to the Planet pizza and get the veggie pizza again.
I used to make the crust edible by dipping it in the dressing as well,lol.....

Does anyone know if there is a Califonia Pizza Kitchen closer than the Millenia (Spelling?) Mall?
Now that's delicious pizza, esp their honey wheat crust...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter