The Battle For My Wallet IV: Return of the ZZUBs (Addendum, p.85; 07/12)

WOW ZZUB you had me crying at your trip report. I don't know what it feels like to lose a child, but I can sympathisize with you and your wife over your loss. I think we all think of Disney World as a cure all for our problems. Sometimes for a moment it helps to take your mind off them, but at the end they are still there to deal with.

Sending you :grouphug: and prayers that you both will heal in time.

Beautifully written, my friend.

I'd like to express my genuine and heartfelt thanks to you for sharing your vacation with us. I know it takes hours and hours to write these installments and I imagine a good bit of soul searching to complete an installment like this one. Maybe not so much with the Teppanyaki installment.

But I've enjoyed the journey. I've laughed and cried and loved you and your girls to pieces. It's good to know you've kept your perspective on vacations and your focus on God and your family. And it's also very good to know that the ZZUBs will be going back to Disney.

And this is where I'd hug you if I really knew you and if I weren't on ignore.

Again.

:hug:

Bravo, my friend, bravo.

I hope, selfishly of course, that the Zzub's will be making a return sooner, rather than later. And that you take us along for the journey.

As for the Wildcat family, we're headed to the World in two days. Braving the heat with two under two. And making memories (mostly DW and mine for now). Maybe a trip report will follow. Maybe.

And you're right, fatherhood is fun. More fun than I could've ever imagined.

Until we meet again.

Greg

This last chapter has to be one of the most incredible, touching pieces of literature it has ever been my pleasure to read. Enjoy your girls, they grow up all too fast. (just beware when they reach age 10 or 11 :goodvibes ).

I remember reading a phrase in a Science Fiction book by author Spider Robinson once and it seems very appropriate for this.

"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased"

Thank you for sharing both. Until next time...

Amen, and God Bless you. You never cease to amaze me with your eloquence. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing so much of yourself with us...especially the bathroom in Canada incident...we're practically related now...:cool1:

I personally can't WAIT until your next trip report!

thanks for the laughter and tears...you are blessed with a gift to write. Perhaps you should think about a book...really. You are riveting!

God Bless you Zzub and your family. Y'all are always in my prayers. Even if it does sound a little odd to be praying for the Zzubs, I do it anyhow. Because you feel like a friend. I'm glad to know you. :hug:

That was a very moving conclusion.

Excuse me now while I go and hug my daughter.

Zzub, it's very hard to do your closing chapter justice, so I won't demean it by trying. Suffice to say, I hope you put your trip report together in bound form and keep it around for quite awhile.

God bless you and your entire family. And thanks for twenty-seven wonderful chapters.

Wow.

I don't even know where to begin with my response to that other than to say that your words have touched me. And judging from the responses so far, I'd say I'm not the only one. I know that you write this for you and your family, ZZUB. And no one else. But for those of us who have gone through similar losses, your words are an encouragement. And a reminder that we'll see them one day. I can't tell you how many times I have nodded my head in agreement with something that you've written. You have a knack for articulating perfectly what so many of us feel but lack the words to express ourselves.

I don’t know what God has in store for me and my family in this next year. But whatever joys we’re allowed to experience and whatever sorrows we have to grow through, we know this: God will be with us. We’ll go on. And we know this, too: He has instilled in us a love for each other and a love for the times we spend together in Disney World. This wasn’t our last trip after all. I’m no longer a 12 year old boy whose world just got torn asunder. I don’t have to stare at dusty images in a book and long for a time that got ripped away from me too soon. I have the assurance and hope for my tomorrow. We’ll go on.

That was beautiful.

It was all beautiful, as a matter of fact. Every word of it. Well, except for the rather descriptive Teppanyaki ones. You know, I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a book as much as I have enjoyed reading this trip report. All of your trip reports. You bring the funny like nobody's business and weave it perfectly with just a touch of instrospection. And you do it all in a way that everyone who reads your words can relate to it on some level. That is a rare gift, my friend. A rare gift indeed. If you haven't dusted off that old novel you were working on yet, maybe now's the time.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy life to share your story with us, ZZUB. It has been such a huge encouragement to follow your family's journey and to witness God's rich blessings in your lives. I pray He continues to rain down His blessings on you and your sweet little family for many, many years to come.

And we’ll go back.

Yes you will. And we'll be patiently awaiting Number Five. Which, hopefully, will include a few less Number Fours. And no Number Fives.

Preace to you, my friend. And consider yourself hugged.

Twice. For good measure.

:moped: :moped:

You have such a talent for writing.

When I read a book, I love to get lost in the story and depending on the content, relate it to my own life in some way. The last chapter really hit home.

You are in inspiration.

Thank you.

That installment was a pure suckfest.

And I hope that means this pitiful excuse for a trip report is over.

OK, maybe that's not true. Maybe I'm pretty said that this is the end. ZZUB, I remember back when I first discovered your trip reports. It was over a year ago, and you were in the middle of the Battle III. I was hooked. Hooked by your humor, your love for your family, and your love for Disney World.

But what impacted me the most, was how you seamlessly wove all of that into your love for the Lord. Which is a picture of how our lives as believers should be. Our faith isn't in a box we pull out on Sunday mornings, or when the subject comes up, it's something that - if it's real - is at the center of everything that we do. Whether we're dealing with a heartbreaking loss or enjoying a vacation at Disney World.

Although you're still imaginary so to speak, you're the real deal. I have no doubts about that. A man of God - certainly with imperfection - but striving to be all that He calls you to be. I know you are a blessing and encouragement to folks who know you in real life, just as you are to those of us who only know you through these trip reports. I'm proud to call you my friend. Imaginary or not.

Thank you for the incredible journey. I'll join the masses in saying what a blessing this report has been to me. I hope you're returning to the World soon and I hope we won't wait too long for the Battle V.

ZZUB said:
If perfection can’t be achieved here on Earth, we come the closest to it at Disney World.

True dat, Z.

Til next time...

NM

Wow! I'm pretty much speechless. That was just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your vacation, your heart and your family. I know it was probably a hastle at times taking time to post here but it was very much appreciated here. We all looked forward to your next installment and I know when I saw you had updated, it was a highlight to my day!

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your trip report. The last segment was quite moving. I always need things like that to snap me back around to realize whats important in life.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. Your closing remarks never fail to touch me and make me think, especially as we prepare a year from now to send our only child off to college. We too have made some of our most lasting memories at Disney. Don't wait too long to make trip #5.

What a beautiful way to end this trip report! And remember, God gives you only what you can handle. And he knows you must be so strong to handle what you've gone through. Thank-you for that journey on vacation with your family!

DH and I lost our first conceived child (20 weeks) - and we retreated to Florida as well (Delray Beach, where you also have family) so your final chapter really hit home. I'm thinking about our little boy now and missing him too.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter