The Battle For My Wallet IV: Return of the ZZUBs (Addendum, p.85; 07/12)

Z,

Thanks for yet another masterpiece for us to enjoy. I was waaayyy behind, and just read the last three or four chapters this week. All were, of course, funny, touching and thought-provoking. There were many things I was tempted to quote, but others have already beat me to it. Just allow me to say that, in writing this trip report, you have gathered us all together here to share in your family's journey, and we are all the better for it.

Thanks a bunch, enjoy your girls, and we'll be anxiously awaiting the next ZZUB adventure!!!

Add me to the looooooooong list of people touched by your writing. Thank you for sharing everything- the good, the bad and the smelly.

Best of luck and many blessings to you and your little family.

Zzub, thank you for sharing your heart with us in this story. Thanks for sharing in your blessings and trials with us crazed-Disney geeks. May He continue to bless you richly, and may we continue to be allowed to read all about it here.

Peace.

Thank you so much for your trip reports and your willingness to share your experiences with all of us. I've enjoyed them all but this one has been the best! I wish the best to you and your family - and hope to read "Battle for the Wallet V" soon! :)

Just finished your last chapter and it gave me chills. Beautiful writing and words that will stay with me for a long time. Thank you.

Baby MM is now 5 months old and looking at his bright eyes, small toes, cubby legs, curly hair is pure joy. A Joy that I believe can only be experienced fully by those who know deep sorrow. The days of him kicking inside, eating midnight snacks, and praying for the Zzub family seem far away but familar. During that time my real world and cyber world were parrell with someone named Zzub, both loving disney world, reading trip reports, praying for babies and families. Your writing.. your story... it affected me... in a positive way.

I look forward to your next trip report or pre-trip report planning report (hint, hint). Tell Mrs. Z hello and enjoy your summer with your girls.

Well, ZZUB, you never fail to move me.

This final chapter made me want to hug you until you explode.

And I mean that literally.

Whether I'm laughing until my uvula shatters, getting that familar lump in my throat or, actually, sitting here with tears rolling down my face... you always seem to make me "live" your writing.

Your stories.

Again. Once again. You have managed to give birth successfully to a unbelievably wonderful trippie.

Good thing you're lactating. Dude.

As always I'm impressed by your ability to share so much of yourself. So eloquently.

Your writing shows your true mettle.

You are an inspiration. To me. As a writer and as a man.

Take care of yourself, ZZUB. And take care of your wonderful wife and daughters.

Even your stupid mutt.

I'd like to play wif him and wub him til he expwodes.

Witerally.

And, please, come back here. Soon. With MORE TRIPE!!!!

For your Disfans.

As per tradition I will now set myself on fire for you:

pixiedust:

Now.

Stop drop and roll.

And do it all again:

pixiedust:

Twice. It was that nice.

Cheers, Mel.

I sincerely want to thank each of you who took the time to read my Trip Report. I especially want to thank those who responded and posted either encouraging words, your best wishes, your spelling tips and in the instance of a handful of snarky malcontents; your feeble attempts at humor (humour?), wit and repartee. I’m not one of the people who responds to posts on his Trip Report thread but that doesn’t mean I don’t read each response and it certainly doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate them either.

I am especially appreciative to those of you who offered prayers on our behalf. We certainly continue to covet your prayers for the ZZUBs.

While I don’t respond specifically to every question I’ve been asked, I did want to respond generally to a few queries:

The baby is doing very well. She is 4 ½ months now. It amazes me how quickly she got to be this old. It also amazes me how quickly my eldest daughter got to be 5. Time moved faster than I thought it would. My wife is also doing well and has handled the adjustment to having two kids with aplomb.

Stafford J., however, is indignant. First of all, he doesn’t care for his new role as fird in line. It’s humiwiating. Secondwy, all of the posting about him on my Twip Weport was unauforized and he is considewing wegal action.

Yes, it troubles us as well that our dog has this speech impediment. But what can you do?

We loved the Wilderness Lodge and would recommend it in an instant. It is a great resort. While it’s true it carries some negatives, in our experience, every Disney resort has some negative element. Transportation is an issue at every resort but perhaps for different reasons. While the Polynesian has the easiest access to both the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, its shared busses to MGM and Animal Kingdom is perhaps less desirable than Animal Kingdom Lodge which has direct bus access, I believe, to every park. There is no “perfect” or even “ideal” Disney resort. We liked the Lodge because it has most of what we were looking for.

Yes, I do print out my Trip Reports, including the comments, and I have them saved for my girls. I am hopeful these Reports provide some insight into their old man when they're teenagers and wondering why we drag them back to Disney World every year.

Finally, we are going back this year. If you have enjoyed reading this most recent Battle For My Wallet, then keep you eyes peeled on the Disboards for:

The Battle For My Wallet V: Beyond the Number 4

Too much?

See you then.

:moped:

Am I first?! Oh I hope so!!!:cool1:

If not, I still want you to know Zzub, how THRILLED I am that you are going back to Disney!! Glad to know that there will be yet another battle for your wallet, another ride on Puppies of Progress, another opportunity to feel numb, and perhaps even another run in with Susie Helpershoes!!!

So very glad to hear that your family is doing well. I look forward to hearing about the little Zzubs as they grow into being sisters and the fun they will have as they take on Disney together!! :) Y'all are on my prayer list for continued health and happiness and trips to Disneyworld!

I do know some really talented speech therapists if you would like a referral for Stafford J.!!!

counting down the days for Battle IV!!!

many blessings and much love to you all!!!

EEK!! Can't wait for the next one!!!

Glad to hear the baby is doing well... and your eldest DD too.... I bet they are just lovely girls w/ quite the doting daddy :goodvibes You and your wife sound like spectacular parents...

In figuring you are going during free dining again... maybe with any luck i will unknowingly run across you if you are there when I am... .only you will know I guess ...

Have a great summer... Can't wait for fall to get here and your next report to start!!

Tanya

Good news! Another Zzub trip report! I am a trip report snob and only invest time on those I know will be a gain for me personally. You are in that category. (Along with La La, and oh how I miss Delswife!)

Thanks for the update. Your the best. Yada-Yada. Later.

Well of course you are going back, DUH! You have to keep having Do-Overs until you acheive Disney Nirvana...Like that's gonna happen!:lmao:
Roll Tide Forever!!!!!

Z-man~
Great job. As always. God bless you and your family. Can't wait to read about the next one!

I am pumped!!:cool1:

It will be 1.5 years when we hit the World again and your trip report will get me through the dark days of winter. Cannot wait.

By the way, wait till your girls are in their 20's to give them the printed version of the trip reports. Teenagers think their parents are just plain dumb....I'm a Taxi Mom to a 14 and soon to be 16 year old. They will appreciate your insight by then;)

DUDE. Love the Maelstrom math in your final chapter (not addendum). How did you get your year shorter than everyone else's?
Maelstrom Math my foot!

We took a 2 week vacation: 1 week with my family in S. Florida and 1 week in Disney World. 52-2 = 50. Even Auburn alums could figure that out. Even Frickles.

This is what happens when it takes 10 months to write a Trip Report. People forget the salient details and accuse you of attempting to shorten the year.

Hi Haley.

:moped:

Hey ZZub, thanks for coming back to say goodbye! Perhaps we'll bump into your double stroller during free dining! I'll look for the guy licking two dole whips at the same time!

Ears to you!

Zzub, I caught you on line.. .cool. I am so glad you are going home with your Zzubettes. Peace, Joy and Prayers to your family. I can't wait to read the report!

YAY !!!:cheer2: Ya'll should come on down at Christmas and hang out.....we'll be the red-necks over at the BWV with the Christmas lights on our balcony :rolleyes:

I have to say, I have MUCH enjoyed your trip report(s), and yes, I have gone back and read them all......:surfweb: . You and your wife's ability to overcome such grief and sorrow is inspiring, especially in light of our recent experience. So my MICKEY ears are OFF TO YOU both !!!!!!!

Can't wait to read the next installment.......:coffee:

How did I miss the ending. I'm going to have to do some back tracking. I missed the day you went home.

Glad your family is doing well.

Have a great summer.

Z - I don't often respond on the TR's I read - I don't know why, but I want you to know how much I enjoy immersing myself in your storytelling. Even without pictures, I feel like I can see your family in every moment that you type. Continued prayers and good wishes, and a speedy start to

The Battle for my Wallet V: I'm a gun-toting, redneck, son-of-a-[gun]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter