The bar is there for a reason- grocery shopping vent- long

stinkerbelle said:
i'm really quite shocked at this.

I dunno..just common curtesy to put the bar there.

Some of the replies have amazed me also. Like you, I guess I always thought it was the polite thing to do.

Miss Jasmine said:
I always grab the bar and place it before my groceries. I never place the bar after them. :confused3 Usually one is pushed down to where I can reach it.

Yes....me too...
and if there is no bar I leave a bit of space and then start putting up mine...

Is this op for real or are you just bored today?

If it is real ..I think you shoud read "Don't sweat the small stuff"

a little perspective is a good thing......... :)

Playing with her food?
I think i would have yelled out "Great idea! FOOD FIGHT!" :rotfl2:

When I read your title, I thought, "Wow! They have BARS (as in alcoholic bars) in their grocery store?!" :rotfl: My DH would love to sit at the "bar" while I shopped for groceries.

Anyway, back to the topic. I normally put the bar after my groceries if there is more than one bar. It depends on if I'm using the bar between myself and the person in front of me. When I do put the bar after my groceries, I always get a "thank you."

I can't believe that crazy woman said you "fondled" her groceries. What a witch!

People need to put the Diet Coke back on the shelf and back away slowly :teeth:

cristit14 said:
Wow, I think some people are way too tense at the grocery store. :flower:

HaHa! I'm sorry! Like I said, I KNOW it's a petty thing, but I can't help it. Just really bothers me! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

If there is someone behind me I will put the bar down. Most of the time the bar is to far up for the person behind me to reach it.

Miss Jasmine said:
I always grab the bar and place it before my groceries. I never place the bar after them. :confused3

I never heard of doing that either. The OP has expectations that the rest of the public doesn't share.

p-nut said:
I always put a bar in front and in back of my groceries. I just thought it was common courtesy to do so.

Me too. I also do it because I don't want my things mixed up with the person in front of or behind me.

Sometimes it is a silent gripe of mine when people put their stuff too close to mine and there is not spacer. A little air space would do. Come on.

puggymom said:
IThat lady had the nerve to yell at me after she squished my bread.

Could be worse--she could have squished your break with her pretties... :teeth: ;)

WeirdEyes said:
When I read your title, I thought, "Wow! They have BARS (as in alcoholic bars) in their grocery store?!" :rotfl: My DH would love to sit at the "bar" while I shopped for groceries.

I thought the same thing! I was going to move wherever it was that had bars in grocery stores! And think how it would increase sales. Forget Starbucks in the grocery store, have bars! :rotfl:

Tigger&Belle said:
Could be worse--she could have squished your break with her pretties... :teeth: ;)

YA, then you would have pretties shaped bread and let me tell you it isn’t pretty! :teeth:

We have two bars at our grocery stores so the checker takes the one in front of the groceries and puts it back on the bar holder thingy, thus pushing the second bar to the back of the conveyor belt for the next person in line. It is highly technical, but maybe you could suggest to your store they they invest in a second set of bars for each register. That would end any possible confusion.

i work at a grocery store and im sorry but uts like people are stupid when they shop
nop one puts the bar up and then the 2 orders run into each other and then there like thats not my stuff
well if you dont put the bar up how do we know

when im shopping after i put my stuff up i put the bar up

KimR said:
I've always assumed it was the responsiblity of the next person in line to place the bar on the conveyer belt prior to loading their groceries. I don't think I have ever had the person in front of me put the bar on the belt. I usually do it myself and don't think twice about it. Nor do I ever put the bar after my groceries so I've probably annoyed a heck of a lot of people who think it should be my job!

What she said.

mainewmn said:
YA, then you would have pretties shaped bread and let me tell you it isn’t pretty! :teeth:

No it isn't! :rotfl:

Better than someone sitting on the bread, I suppose. :teeth:

I always put the bar before my groceries, and sometimes after, depends on how busy things are. I know I like to get started putting my stuff on the conveyor belt as soon as I can and I don't want anybody ticked off if I get my groceries co-mingled with theirs.
I know this last week we had a whole cartful of stuff, and a little old lady got in line behind us with 5 things, so we let her go ahead of us. I know sometimes that has happened to me and I have wished I was in another line!
Robin M.

God, I don't think this has ever crossed my mind! :flower:

We must shop at the Stepford Wives of grocery stores because there's never been a problem with this.

The only time I do this, though, is if I'm *after* someone and I'm going to put my stuff on the conveyor belt thingie while their stuff is still on, too.

Acutally, I usually wait until they're all done before starting to load my stuff.

But if I don't, I put the bar before my food. Never after. I think putting it after looks kinda like, "Ewww I don't want *your* nasty food touching *my* beautiful groceries, so I'm putting this bar here to keep you away!"

I don't know. I'm weird.

I always put the bar after my groceries and of course always put a bar infron of them as well, if the person in fron hasn´t already done it.

Chicago526 said:
But I do understand about having those little anoying insignifigant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-LIFE type things that just bug the living DAYLIGHTS out of you. We all have them.

Thank you! I guess today it was the combination of the woman standing within inches of the bar while I was not nearly as close to it, and waiting for her to move her crackers, which she completely ignored. THEN when she made the rude comment about playing with her food, I really tweaked out!!! :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter