The August 2018 "Vacation Vote" Exercise Thread

You guys... I'm a dang mess. That headache yesterday literally lasted aaaaaalllllllll daaaaaay. I'm worried it could have been a migraine. By nighttime, I took a few shots of whiskey (with caffeinated beverages as my chasers) & "rested" on the couch. I dozed off and when I woke up, the headache was gone. Coulda been the caffeine, the whiskey, or both. Idk but I'm just happy it's gone.
On top of having a headache, my right hip area/inguinal region was painful yesterday in a really odd way & it's carried on into today. I think I may have overdone some yoga positions 2 evenings ago but I really don't know. I also slept on the floor with my rottie all night (he has cancer & it was a rough evening), waking up every hour to rub him back to sleep.. So that could have caused both ailments ig
....is this what happens when you get old? Lol I just turned 30 and I feel like I'm falling apart

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Needless to say, I probably won't be exercising again today. Maybe I'll just fast again today to make up for it.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!!

You guys... I'm a dang mess. That headache yesterday literally lasted aaaaaalllllllll daaaaaay. I'm worried it could have been a migraine. By nighttime, I took a few shots of whiskey (with caffeinated beverages as my chasers) & "rested" on the couch. I dozed off and when I woke up, the headache was gone. Coulda been the caffeine, the whiskey, or both. Idk but I'm just happy it's gone.
On top of having a headache, my right hip area/inguinal region was painful yesterday in a really odd way & it's carried on into today. I think I may have overdone some yoga positions 2 evenings ago but I really don't know. I also slept on the floor with my rottie all night (he has cancer & it was a rough evening), waking up every hour to rub him back to sleep.. So that could have caused both ailments ig
....is this what happens when you get old? Lol I just turned 30 and I feel like I'm falling apart

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Needless to say, I probably won't be exercising again today. Maybe I'll just fast again today to make up for it.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!!

Sending best wishes for a better day. Hope you feel better, and so, so sorry your dog is ill.

I'm BACK! IDK what was wrong with me but I think I'm recovered.
I didn't fast yesterday but I kept my calories under 300 until dinner. I ate quite a bit of dessert; however, I doubt I ate over 2,000 (my ultimate limit). I felt very full so I did 10 minutes of ab work. Planks, crunches, leg lifts, boat-to-canoes, etc
Now I'm on the bike. It's been 30 mins already but I'm going for an hour.
Total: 1100/1200

I'm back everyone! Hope all had a great weekend!

Adding an additional 70 minutes for myself from a cleaning spree on Thursday evening, walking around the mall on Saturday, and taking a nice walk this afternoon with a lemonade in my hand.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle, sophy1996, and myself for reaching Parade Purple! And kudos to DaddysPrincess for leading the troops by being the first to turn Resort Hop Red!

As a team it looks like we've opted to visit DHS on Day 3 of our Disney Vacation Extravaganza! Obviously, we are going to ride ALL the rides in DHS (since there are only 6 by my count). Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Rock n Roller Coaster.
toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-v2-5x2.jpg

This ride looks so cute! It looks to me like they really nailed the theme in the new land so I'm excited to imagine myself there with my exercise team!

It also seems we have reached a decision on 50s Prime Time Cafe for lunch, which is a personal favorite of mine! I LOVE that pot roast!
50s-prime-time-cafe-gallery09.jpg

This image from the Disney website does no justice to the deliciousness of this dish!

Since I've not been on here in a few days (sorry, btw), let's vote on several things at once!

We've decided on the park and the rides, now let's pick 2 shows to see as well. Let's choose from:
1. Frozen Sing along Celebration
2. Indiana Jones Stunt Show
3. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4. Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage

Then we can pick which night time show we want to see:
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular -or- Fantasmic!

Finally, let's choose a dinner spot. . . I choose to dine outside of the park back at whichever resort I'm pretending to stay at because the food options in DHS don't impress me much! But if anyone wants to try Woody's Lunchbox or anything else, pipe up!

We don't usually do the shows but once my DH was picked to go up on stage for Indiana Jones so I'll go with that one. And maybe Beauty and the Beast. And for the night show, I have to go with Star Wars!

Dinner's kind of a hard one. I hate to go too far from the park if I'm going to the night time show. Since we're not really paying, maybe the Hollywood Brown Derby?

95 minutes - horses and gardening

1095/1500

Frozen Sing Along is my favorite show at HS, and Indiana Jones is the only show there I haven't seen, so I vote for them. I vote we skip dinner and go to the SW dessert party instead. Then we can take our adult beverage of choice (Galactic Punch for me, please) outside when we head out with the storm troopers to watch SWaGS from our reserved viewing spot.

95 minutes - horses and gardening

1095/1500

Frozen Sing Along is my favorite show at HS, and Indiana Jones is the only show there I haven't seen, so I vote for them. I vote we skip dinner and go to the SW dessert party instead. Then we can take our adult beverage of choice (Galactic Punch for me, please) outside when we head out with the storm troopers to watch SWaGS from our reserved viewing spot.

I'll go with that plan! :darth::chewy:

I would go to Frozen and Indiana Jones. We usually to counter service for lunch so i would like to try Woody's Lunch box and then do 50's Prime Time for dinner.
I will also back out and wait for everyone as they went on ToT and Rock'n Roller Coaster. I am not a thrill seeker.

Have gotten some time in over the past week. I and feeling much better today and the burns have moved into the next phase. It really is not hurting much now but they itch like crazy. I am going to slowly start back into my walking and hopefully will be back to normal by the end of the week.

Here are my time for the Month.

Aug 14th -- 20
Aug 15th -- 25
Aug 16th -- 20
Aug 18th -- 33
Aug 19th -- 36

134/620

We don't usually do the shows but once my DH was picked to go up on stage for Indiana Jones so I'll go with that one.

So was mine! - way back '97, when the park was still called "MGM Studios". So I'll vote that one for nostalgia's sake as well.

And Frozen Sing-A-Long, because there is no way DH and DS will ever do that one with me. :laughing:

Since we're not really paying, maybe the Hollywood Brown Derby?

I vote we skip dinner and go to the SW dessert party instead. Then we can take our adult beverage of choice (Galactic Punch for me, please) outside when we head out with the storm troopers to watch SWaGS from our reserved viewing spot.

I could easily be convinced by either food plan,

and I'd definitely like to see the Star Wars fireworks!

Love the SW dessert party idea! @piglet1979 my bf will wait with you while I'm on ToT. Lol he hates that ride so I've never been on it.
Also, I'm gonna be different and vote for the Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast shows. Both were more my generation, plus my bf and I like to think "we're just like Belle & the Beast" lol

Not sure if I'll workout today since I'm trying to fast again. We'll see how that goes..

I vote - Frozen Singalong as it was soooo much fun! Since I love the Beauty and the Beast show and Indy equally, I will go along with every one else and vote Indy!

The SW show/dessert party also sounds like great fun! I haven't seen it yet and have seen Fantasmic several times so I'm excited. And I've never done a dessert party before - also sounds like great fun!!

No gym today - had some things to do with my son before he starts college next week. I plan to go Tuesday/Thursday/Friday this week.

@piglet1979 Glad you are feeling better!!

Love the SW dessert party idea!!! I loved the old version of the Illuminations dessert party, before they aimed it at children. I get their point but it was lovely to have something that was more adult. The new version just doesn’t seem close.

I’ll vote for Frozen sing along - my daughter never wants to go, and Indiana Jones - it never get old!
I’d love to try the Brown Derby, too.

Everyone is doing so well - those numbers are really rising!!
Piglet, glad to hear you’re improving!
I’ve been trying to get out for a short walk every evening so I can actually add 40 minutes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter