The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be so excited!
If I wasn't so exhausted from getting ready (clean chicken coop, bunny coops, laundry...) I'd be literally jumping up and down!

Why does it take so long to go on vacation? I know its only a short time away but after seeing all the pics I hate waiting till its my turn. Its been a dream since I was a kid to stay here and finally we get to, it jsut seems like its taken forever.

Mr. IF ( I use my wifes spot because I am a closet Disney fan)

But it goes by soooo fast! Pretty soon, you'll be down to a few days! I can't believe we are nearly out of here!

I have 20 days left, and I can't wait!!!

It will be my first time staying on site- something I always wanted to do since I drove past the poly in the monorail on our way out from WDW when I was a kid.

How exciting!

Yay! New thread! How fun to see a thread close then be part of the opening of the new one, right before my trip! 19 more sleeps for us! :cool1: Thanks for the new thread so we can continue gabbing!

Wow! I so know the feeling! Isn't it exciting!?!?

My first time here. We have only 12 more days until our first stay at the Poly, Staying LVCL, and can't wait.:banana:

You arrive as we depart! How awesome to be LVCL!!

I hate snow. I hate Michigan. How I ever got stuck (and remained) in this Godforsaken cesspool of a state is beyond me.

Ok. Rant over.

:beach:

But kaffinito...we will all (well, the 5 or so of us at least...) be lounging by the pool this time, next weekend ;) Hang in there!!

Whoa! I am gone for 2 days and you up and move and post 3 pages worth of chat! So glad to be here and enjoy the day and Tikiman's new site. Gotta tell ya'. I was worried!

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow/today!

We just finished cleaning house and all packing is done other than bathroom items. We are getting so excited! Can someone tell us what dole whip is and tonga toast? or what is in them?? :confused3 We might want to try them.

We just finished cleaning house and all packing is done other than bathroom items. We are getting so excited! Can someone tell us what dole whip is and tonga toast? or what is in them?? :confused3 We might want to try them.

Dole whip is one of my DD's favorites. It's a pineapple-flavored soft-serve ice cream (that's the best way I can explain it). If you buy it in the MK or DL, you can get it as a float on top of pineapple juice -- it's really good that way!

Tonga Toast is the huge, cinammony, banana-stuffed french toast that they serve at Kona Cafe and Captain Cook's for breakfast. There are photos of it all over these boards -- it's a favorite of many posters!

My first time here. We have only 12 more days until our first stay at the Poly, Staying LVCL, and can't wait.:banana:

See you in the lounge! We'll be there the week after Easter.:)

I hate snow. I hate Michigan. How I ever got stuck (and remained) in this Godforsaken cesspool of a state is beyond me.

Sorry you've got to deal with the snow -- just a few more days, though, and you're out of there!:cloud9:

Awesome new thread. I'm going in August and the last thread has given me hours of exciting reading!

Dole whip is one of my DD's favorites. It's a pineapple-flavored soft-serve ice cream (that's the best way I can explain it). If you buy it in the MK or DL, you can get it as a float on top of pineapple juice -- it's really good that way!

Tonga Toast is the huge, cinammony, banana-stuffed french toast that they serve at Kona Cafe and Captain Cook's for breakfast. There are photos of it all over these boards -- it's a favorite of many posters!

My DH said both of those sound good so we will have to give them a try! Thanks for that information

(Mr.) InfernoGirl and PolyAddict - looks like my DS and I will be there at the same time as you! If you're half as excited as I am (this is our first stay at the Poly), then you're already VERY excited!

See you on the beach!

I think we too have made the successful jump through hyperspace and into the new thread! Subscribing - cheers to all!

(Mr.) InfernoGirl and PolyAddict - looks like my DS and I will be there at the same time as you! If you're half as excited as I am (this is our first stay at the Poly), then you're already VERY excited!

See you on the beach!

Wonderful-we can't wait either. We have so much going on in April/May that i expect June here before we know it.:thumbsup2

Not orginally but Uncle Sam thought it would be a good idea to have us stationed here. We are in Bossier City at Barksdale AFB. How about you? Originally we are from Indiana but have been abit of everywhere.

We are in Metairie, born and raised. We ended up in Indiana after evacuating Katrina. Dh has family there. Wonderful community welcolmed us with open arms.:worship:

Since the other thread got closed, I wanted to answer lissiesmum's question about the Dole whips.

Yes, Dole Whips can be a dessert or a snack credit on the DDP. There were times when I'd get it as a dessert and sometimes as a snack. :thumbsup2

yipee! Wonderful news! I love the dole whips and good to know I can eat it daily at the Poly. Thanks a bunch :)

Has anyone ever taken anything like coffee and a sweet roll from concierge and eaten it out at the tables by the quiet pool ? I enjoy having my coffee by the pool in the morning but I don't want to do it if I'm not supposed to. Also is the menu for concierge evening food offerings that is posted on the first page of this thread acurate? I noticed it is from 04/14/2008. Thanks for your help.

Has anyone ever taken anything like coffee and a sweet roll from concierge and eaten it out at the tables by the quiet pool ? I enjoy having my coffee by the pool in the morning but I don't want to do it if I'm not supposed to. Also is the menu for concierge evening food offerings that is posted on the first page of this thread acurate? I noticed it is from 04/14/2008. Thanks for your help.
When my family and I stayed there we took some foods and drinks back to our room, so there is nothing wrong with taking stuff out of the lounge. As for the menu that's what it was when we stayed in December 2007 and if it has changed I am sure someone would update it.

We are in Metairie, born and raised. We ended up in Indiana after evacuating Katrina. Dh has family there. Wonderful community welcolmed us with open arms.:worship:

No fair, I call foul play. LOL. Your are about 5 hrs closer than I am to WDW. Had to google to see where you are. I know the main towns are located but other than that, no clue. Yep us Hoosier are normally nice people but screw us and we will never forget it. LOL Glad it seems everything was ok for you after Katrina. I was stuck in Bolixi MS at the time for military training and they locked us down.

So how do you locate fellow Dis members while on vaco?

Thanks to all who continued this wonderful thread!
My trip to the Poly is so close! I can't believe it! :yay::yay::yay:

good evening friends! I was hoping you could give me a rundown of times it takes on/waiting for the monorail. Specifically, how many minutes from:
the GCH to the GF?
the GCH to the MK?
the TTC to Epcot?
If you're standing at the monorail station and there's no monorail, approx how long before it circles back? Are there usually a lot of people waiting, if so, how much extra time would you add? I have an 8:00am character breakfast booked at both the MK and EPCOT and want to make sure I give myself enough time to get there.
As usual, thanks for your help. You guys are great and I look forward to reading this thread throughout the day. I always feel like I've missed so much by the time I'm able to log on at night after I put DD to bed!

Whew!! Time flies when you are readings all these postings!!! :surfweb: question... I've noticed that some of the Poly rooms have a "balcony" and some have a "fence". Fence meaning there is no room for a patio chair. Is it luck of the draw if you are assigned a balcony or fence room? Or if you book a lagoon view, those have balconies?

I realize 1st floor rooms have the small patio.

Whew!! Time flies when you are readings all these postings!!! :surfweb: question... I've noticed that some of the Poly rooms have a "balcony" and some have a "fence". Fence meaning there is no room for a patio chair. Is it luck of the draw if you are assigned a balcony or fence room? Or if you book a lagoon view, those have balconies?

I realize 1st floor rooms have the small patio.

There's no way to guarantee it -- it's luck of the draw, but you can request it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!