The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the idea of lunch on one of the pontoon boats :cloud9:

Just wanted to add that the Seven Seas Lagoon "cops" seem to keep a watchful eye on the watercraft - they will keep any errant "captains" straight ;)

They are v strict. I've quit smoking now but they told me off a few years ago for smoking on the pontoon boat we rented. Apparently, you're allowed to drink alcohol on the boats though - so long as you're not driving.

disney%202008%20memory%20stick%202%20098.jpg

The butter served by GF PD was sooooo good. :sad2: December is so far away.

My Favorite is the french onion soup!!! OMG this stuff is like a drug for me :lmao:

I order it almost every night as a late night snack... OHHH its so gooy and cheesy and yummy!

They serve it at the GF cafe and through PD.
I swear I must eat a gallon of it a week :lmao:

BCV23 and Cinderumbrella thanks for the info on the pontoons. I guess we'll just book one while we're there. We can be more spontaneous;)

We are booked in SL... very excited as this is our first stay at GF.. it's a surprise trip for our daughter,, she turns 10 next week, but we can't take them out of school again (already took a week off this past Oct for a Disney trip ;) ) so we had to wait until after school is out... how I wish we could go now, I am getting excited.

I am curious about the deluxe rooms in RPC - are they roomy? I have been looking at the floor plan and just wondering if anyone has stayed in one of those rooms how you liked it?

This is the first trip that I have booked without any family input.. usually I make all the reservations, but the hubby and kids also voice their opinions.. this trip is so secret that the girls will not know until we arrive at the airport to check in and see we are headed to Orlando and not where they thought we were flying. ... so I guess I am second guessing my ressie at SL.

Mary

My Favorite is the french onion soup!!! OMG this stuff is like a drug for me :lmao:

I order it almost every night as a late night snack... OHHH its so gooy and cheesy and yummy!

They serve it at the GF cafe and through PD.
I swear I must eat a gallon of it a week :lmao:
Hey Brooke, good to see you here and great to have this thread back. I would love to order the french onion soup but I was under the impression that there are so many extra fees with PD. Am I wrong about that. :confused3 Not really sure how it works. I will be on the basic DP and I know they charge 2 TS credits but I don't know about how the fees work if you order separate things and pay with your credit card. Can you explain how it works? Thanks

We leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Yahoo!

Have a wonderful trip. Give us a report when you come back. :cheer2:

I have to suffer through 22 more days until I head to the Grand :woohoo: :banana: :love:
21 days for me over here. :cool1::yay::cheer2::banana::woohoo: I feel like I have so much shopping to do to get ready. Do you have everything you need? It will be here before we know it.

Hey Brooke, good to see you here and great to have this thread back.

I have been around here a while but glad to see you made it over here at well! :thumbsup2

There is an extra cost for PD (private dining)
The soup is $8.00 total and that includes the tip (tip is included in the price of PD) :thumbsup2

To order a full meal and use your dining credits.. its 2TS for the meal (the same as a signature place) but it includes the tip unlike other dining so its *cheaper* than say Citricose =)

When I order my soup ~ I just order the soup, not a full meal. I like sipping it late in the evening.

what is RPC

what is PD

RPC= Royal Palm Club its the main building concierge
PD- private dining (its room service plus a whole lot more)
SL= sugar loaf is the outer lodge club level

Every few years, my DM and I set out on an overseas trip, usually to the United States. This year, we are back. Two ladies giggling their way through a week of theatre and art and friends in New York, then it's off to WDW. We have been so fortunate over the years. My late father loved to travel and he loved WDW. We had been staying in CR since the 1970s. But, recently we have seen the light - the Grand Floridian.

We arrive in three weeks. This trip will be our second GF stay, but our first in RPC. Last time, we had a dormer room in Boca Chica which was nice, quiet and one that my DM found claustrophobic. So, this time we are splashing out for a deluxe RPC room.

I do have one, small query. My DM will be celebrating an occasion during our stay. I would love to send her some flowers. Is the concierge able to help with a florist order, or should I make arrangements before we arrive?

Each time I read a GF thread, I find myself positively giddy with excitement. So, thank you for continuing the tradition of fine information. :)

Every few years, my DM and I set out on an overseas trip, usually to the United States. This year, we are back. Two ladies giggling their way through a week of theatre and art and friends in New York, then it's off to WDW. We have been so fortunate over the years. My late father loved to travel and he loved WDW. We had been staying in CR since the 1970s. But, recently we have seen the light - the Grand Floridian.

We arrive in three weeks. This trip will be our second GF stay, but our first in RPC. Last time, we had a dormer room in Boca Chica which was nice, quiet and one that my DM found claustrophobic. So, this time we are splashing out for a deluxe RPC room.

I do have one, small query. My DM will be celebrating an occasion during our stay. I would love to send her some flowers. Is the concierge able to help with a florist order, or should I make arrangements before we arrive?

Each time I read a GF thread, I find myself positively giddy with excitement. So, thank you for continuing the tradition of fine information. :)

They used to be able to help you but no longer :sad2:
I tried to have them to help me have a few things in the room when we arrive, for my son's birthday and they explained that they are no longer allowed to place those type of orders for guest. They did send me to disney florist and they have been wonderful! Peggy (from the ex peggy sweets and more) answered the phone and helped me tons! As she did our room for my DD birthday last year ~ we knew each other and she was a huge help!
Here is the Disney Florist website ~ you will like this way better anyway as you can SEE what your buying!
http://www.disneyflorist.com/

I have a few transportation questions. On one of our days we plan on getting to HS for EMH and then take the boat over to Beaches and Cream for lunch. After lunch we want to go back to the GF to rest before going to another park at night. What is the best way to get to the GF from Beaches and Cream?

Another transportation question. I know there is a boat from GF to MK...is there a boat from GF to the Wilderness Lodge? We plan on going to WCC from the GF one night for dinner so if there is not a boat from GF, which would be the best way to get there? I am thinking taking the monorail to MK and then take the boat to WL...is that the best way?

Thanks,

Loralie

What is the best way to get to the GF from Beaches and Cream?
Take a cab ~ its the easiest way

Another transportation question. I know there is a boat from GF to MK...is there a boat from GF to the Wilderness Lodge? We plan on going to WCC from the GF one night for dinner so if there is not a boat from GF, which would be the best way to get there? I am thinking taking the monorail to MK and then take the boat to WL...is that the best way?

Again the fastest most reliable way is a cab. Whenever your going to another resort (except for the monorail resorts) the easiest more reliable way is to do the cab. The cab from GF to WL will only be a couple of bucks. The cab from Beaches and Cream to GF should be about $12

If you want to use Disney's transportation and save the few bucks here is what you would do:

Using Disney Transportation:
Take Disney bus transportation to Downtown Disney, then switch to destination resort bus at Downtown Disney. Or take Magic Kingdom bus and take Grand Floridian resort Monorail or boat over to Grand Floridian.
Approximate Travel Time:
90 minutes

Make sure you see the 90 minutes :lmao:

If you drive (or cab)
Driving/Walking:
Left on Epcot Resorts Blvd. take right on Buena Vista Drive. Proceed on Buena Vista Drive and Follow signs to Magic Kingdom and World Drive. Follow signs to Magic Kingdom. At toll plaza stay in far right lane and drive through Toll plaza Follow World Drive to first traffic light. Take a left onto Seven Seas Drive. At end take a right on Floridian Way. Follow signs to resort which will be on the right.
Approximate Travel Time:
15 minutes

To WL using Disney transportation:
Take Magic Kingdom monorail and take Wilderness Lodge resort boat over to Wilderness Lodge Resort.
Approximate Travel Time:
40 minutes

If you want to use Disney's transportation and save the few bucks here is what you would do:

Take Disney bus transportation to Downtown Disney, then switch to destination resort bus at Downtown Disney. Or take Magic Kingdom bus and take Grand Floridian resort Monorail or boat over to Grand Floridian.
Approximate Travel Time:
90 minutes

Make sure you see the 90 minutes :lmao:

If you drive (or cab)
Driving/Walking:
Left on Epcot Resorts Blvd. take right on Buena Vista Drive. Proceed on Buena Vista Drive and Follow signs to Magic Kingdom and World Drive. Follow signs to Magic Kingdom. At toll plaza stay in far right lane and drive through Toll plaza Follow World Drive to first traffic light. Take a left onto Seven Seas Drive. At end take a right on Floridian Way. Follow signs to resort which will be on the right.
Approximate Travel Time:
15 minutes

To WL using Disney transportation:
Take Magic Kingdom monorail and take Wilderness Lodge resort boat over to Wilderness Lodge Resort.
Approximate Travel Time:
40 minutes

WOW!!! I had no idea it would take 90 min. to get from Beaches and Cream to GF. I was thinking maybe the monorail from Epcot but I guess not. :confused3 A cab sounds like a much better idea. I also did not think it would take so long to get to WL for WCC from the GF. I thought with the monorail and the boat it would be much faster. I am so glad I found this out now. Thanks so much!

Loralie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter