The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we were on the first floor. Wing room 6128 last building out by the beach. Bed bugs don't come in from outside though so I don't think that was the problem. At the time I had thought of the fact that we were on the 1st floor in thinking maybe it was a tick. However there is no question that this is a bed bug. I took some pictures but I don't have the best camera and taking it through the ziploc blurred it. Here is a link to a bed bug picture and the one I have looks EXACTLY like the one in the top right corner. He is getting more and more see through though because he hasn't eaten in at least 14 days.

http://bedbugger.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/common_bed_bug_lifecycle.jpg

My best advice is to anyone is to educate yourself about bed bugs before traveling anywhere so that you don't make the same mistakes as I did!
I forogot that you mentioned it was a bed bug so my bad.

thanks for starting the new thread, lots of great info here :goodvibes
just a month till i go, cant wait.

I too LOVE this thread! :thumbsup2 We are scheduled to go to BLT in December, but not as DVC members, just regular folk...

Can you answer a question? I have read that DVC members have to pay extra for housekeeping service more than every 4th/7th day. Is that the same type of housekeeping service I will experience as a regular guest in a DVC resort? Kind of makes me a little nervous, especially after reading about the whole bed bug incident!
Thanks!

I too LOVE this thread! :thumbsup2 We are scheduled to go to BLT in December, but not as DVC members, just regular folk...

Can you answer a question? I have read that DVC members have to pay extra for housekeeping service more than every 4th/7th day. Is that the same type of housekeeping service I will experience as a regular guest in a DVC resort? Kind of makes me a little nervous, especially after reading about the whole bed bug incident!
Thanks!
"Cash reservations" (non-DVC bookings) receive daily housekeeping.

We are so very, very excited! When my seven year old woke up this morning, he said, "One more day momma!"...and then he randomly started singing a song he wrote on the spot about me, him and his dad going to Disney. (he's such a talented little cutie!)

It's going to be very difficult for me to get through a whole day of work tomorrow. Time is going to slowly creep by, I know.

We are going to leave around 10pm tomorrow and drive straight through Tn-Ga-Fl. We are looking at about 12hrs.

I'm trying to convince my husband to read up here about online check in tomorrow as he has the day off. I've seen so many people posting about it and highly recommending it.

I'm both nervous and excited about staying at the CR. As I've posted many times, I've always dreamed of going to Disney and staying there, but in my heart I never thought it'd really happen. Just being at Disney last year for the first time was a dream come true! And now, here I am, not only going to Disney for the second time, but staying in my dream resort! I'm more than just a little stoked!!! How'd I get so lucky? (thank you buy four get three free!)

I'm putting the final touches on my packing. Only leaving out hair products/stylers I won't be using at Disney and using old make up to "put my face on" for work tomorrow. I've thrown in our ponchos, found my fanny pack from last year and made sure all medications are packed. We're pretty much set.
I also bought a can of bed bug spray and threw it in there.

Yay us!
Can't wait to get there!!! This is going to be the best vacation we've ever had!:cheer2:

about online check in...

is confirmation number the same as reservation number?

Husband says we cannot pre-check in because we do not have a confirmation number. He said he puts in our "reservation number" from the Trip Information Booklet and it tells him "invalid confirmation number" or something like that.:confused3

Husband says we cannot pre-check in because we do not have a confirmation number. He said he puts in our "reservation number" from the Trip Information Booklet and it tells him "invalid confirmation number" or something like that.:confused3
Hmm....that's strange. Your reservation and confirmation number should be one in the same.

3"Mouse"keteers;31265864 said:
Hmm....that's strange. Your reservation and confirmation number should be one in the same.

I just told him this and he said it told him invalid. My guess is this is not good.

He says he's sure it's fine. He also says it's probably because we booked with our travel agent....which we are NEVER going to do again. It's been nothing but a hassle and headache.

Bricket,
I would guess it has something to do with booking with a travel agent because they own the reservation until a certin amount of days, so that would mean they are the only ones who have the authority to check you in online.

I just told him this and he said it told him invalid. My guess is this is not good.

He says he's sure it's fine. He also says it's probably because we booked with our travel agent....which we are NEVER going to do again. It's been nothing but a hassle and headache.

If you have booked with any travel agent use this link

www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest

along with your reservation/confirmation number provided by the TA, to check in online. Worked great for us two weeks ago.

Is it true that the computers are gone from the resort now? I can't find anything official saying they were removed, but I think I've read on here that they are?

...thought I had the answer to this....couldn't find it....

..if you're staying concierge can you still use on-line check in (is there even a reason to do so if staying concierge)???

BRICKET:
I wouldn't stress too much about doing online check in.

Really, at this point, your room has ALREADY been preassigned. The check-in at the Contemporary was really quick for me (did not do online), and if there is a bit of a wait, there are really comfy couches and chairs, as well as a t.v. playing cartoons for the kids right by the front desk, so one of you can do the checkin while the other stays with your son.

When I checked in, there was actually a LINE for the online check in, because EVERYONE from the DME bus had done it except me and one other person, and there was only one CM working the online checkin, so the line for that was like 5 deep, while the line for regular checkin was just me and one guy behind me (and one already at the counter when I arrived). I was done with my check-in before the first "online check-in" person was done with his...HE decided to hold up the whole process for everyone else by asking a whole bunch of questions, and requiring a manager for something...

Just do the regular check in. The great thing about the Contemporary is, you could also go up to the 4th floor and browse the shops or grab some food while the other one checks in, in case it looks to be a bit of a wait. All you have to do is take the elevator up, and you're there! Super easy.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I have to work today, but I'll tell the hubby.
Very much appreciated. :grouphug:

Don't stress if that travel agent link doesn't work for you. I used it to check my reservation several times with no problems and then the day before we left 2 weeks ago I checked just so I could print it off and it said nothing found. :scared1: I was a little stressed worrying that something happened but when I arrived at the CR (no line for check-in) there was no problem at all with the reservation. I wonder if the reservation gets transferred from one spot to another that close and it is unavailable on the system for you to check? Either way just bring your confirmation number and go to the regular check-in line. You'll probably have no issues. Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter