The Absolutely Amazing, Magical Christmas Adventure!

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter was sick on the last day. I've been very lucky to not be sick at Disneyland......knocking on wood loudly!! Good thinking about taking her to First Aid to rest. I probably would have found a couch in the lounge area of PPH and stayed there until it was time to go. At least taking her into the parks, it gave her the option to try and join you at some point and you didn't feel like you needed to stay in the lounge/lobby with her. She was in good hands!!

You rode ToT??????? :faint: <-------That would be me if I did that ride......lol I hate the feeling of falling......so I'm not a huge fan of Splash because of the big drop (and I don't like being wet). Well good for you....you are much braver than I!!

That really is awesome of Robert to go the extra mile. I know when I tipped him when he practically unloaded my entire van on arrival.......he said a big Thank You, my family appreciates this!! Made me feel good! :goodvibes

I'm glad the flight home didn't bother your daughters ears and was pretty much uneventful. You sure seemed to have a very good trip with lots of fun and memorable experiences......even if the last day was kinda hard.

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter was sick on the last day. I've been very lucky to not be sick at Disneyland......knocking on wood loudly!! Good thinking about taking her to First Aid to rest. I probably would have found a couch in the lounge area of PPH and stayed there until it was time to go. At least taking her into the parks, it gave her the option to try and join you at some point and you didn't feel like you needed to stay in the lounge/lobby with her. She was in good hands!!

I really struggled leaving her there! She may be 18, but she's still my little girl. My first thought was to hang out in the lobby with her, but she really wanted to lay down. She was also very insistent she didn't want end everyone's trip early. She was trying so hard just to be mature about it and take control of her own well-being. I had to let go and let her do her thing. It worked out really well! She got lots of sleep, and I had a bit of one-on-one time with my mom.

You rode ToT??????? :faint: <-------That would be me if I did that ride......lol I hate the feeling of falling......so I'm not a huge fan of Splash because of the big drop (and I don't like being wet). Well good for you....you are much braver than I!!

HAHA I hear ya! I much prefer roller coasters! Since they are on the 'never again' list, I decided to go with whatever I was allowed to do. The ride was GREAT, but I admit I was more than a little scared when I realized the seatbelt wasn't tight!!

That really is awesome of Robert to go the extra mile. I know when I tipped him when he practically unloaded my entire van on arrival.......he said a big Thank You, my family appreciates this!! Made me feel good! :goodvibes

He really reminded me of the 'old Disney' - so very gracious and doing whatever was needed to enhance the experience for guests. Such a stark difference from one of the other bell hops (can't remember his name). That guy was so rushed and dismissive! Robert really made us all feel like a valued member of the Disney family!

I'm glad the flight home didn't bother your daughters ears and was pretty much uneventful. You sure seemed to have a very good trip with lots of fun and memorable experiences......even if the last day was kinda hard.

Even with the end-of-trip challenges, it really was an amazing trip. One thing our family has learned through all of the illnesses, hospitals, and challenges is ATTITUDE is everything! Sure, we had tough moments, but we choose think that those challenges just make the good moments that much GREATER!

With that in mind, I'm thinking of starting a blog about the healing power of Disney. Sounds corny, but we certainly have a lot of content! What do you think?

I think a blog is a fabulous idea....they also are therapeutic (like doing trip reports).

I think a blog is a fabulous idea....they also are therapeutic (like doing trip reports).

That's what I'm thinking. I also think it's really important to face challenges with a good state of mind. If we can laugh and create memories in the midst of doctors, hospitals and scary treatments, we're doing okay. I'm sure I can't be the only one who searches for the good in tough times!

For some reason, I'm thinking of this title..... Magical, Medicinal MICKEY!

HAHA, who knows?

Loved your report. We went right before Christmas for our first time to DLR and reading about your adventures made me feel like I was back again. I am sorry for your troubles with your autoimmune condition. I have undifferentiated connective tissue disorder myself. I know how Disney magic can make everything better. You have a wonderful daughter to travel with. Enjoy your trips this year. Every trip is special.

Hi! I am planning my first Disneyland trip with a few nights in LA. I have been trying to figure out how to get from LAX to Hollywood then to DLH. I figured we could take DLE from airport to Hollywood and from DLH back to airport but wasn't sure how to get from hotel to hotel other than taxi. I had not considered DLE. So it will take you back to LAX then off to Disneyland? How much time did that take? How much did it cost for 3 transfers? Sorry for all the questions. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter