The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I have heard that Hobbits love parties with fireworks, dance on tables and can fight dragons. Can't say as thought I'd mind that.

Yes, I can see that. Makes perfect sense. Especially the dragons part.

And we're supposed to get more too!

ooooohhh…

The snowbanks in town are taller than I am.

upload_2019-2-11_10-59-41-png.381876

Not bad! And I'd like to see if you can get more from the Orbiter. But... moving... very hard.

I'd really like to get this one again with my better camera and lens now.... Hmmm, I think I will... next trip!

Okay! Looking forward to seeing it!

I like to give my readers choices.

:laughing: Thanks!

Well yeah! Some bars have really nice views of the outside and some... don't.

Valid point. Something nice or... a back alley. Preferably with someone(s) passed out.

And is it ever too early for a Bloody Mary? Or mimosa?

Or Caesar?

(I'll take the mimosa. Thanks!)

Given your admiration of Japanese Gardens, this too might be right up your alley.

::yes:: Very much so!!

RIght?! At first I thought it'd be cool to have it move along the track, but then after I thought more, I think it might have just detracted. I like the illusion of movement it gives even more I think.

Ah. Yeah, I like that.

Thanks! I noticed the bar a couple of years ago from the OUTSIDE when I was waiting for my table at Raglan Rd. I knew then that one day I had to go and shoot it.

I'm impressed that you saw that and remembered.

I didn't even notice when I took it. Or at least I hadn't remembered. It was surprising when I was editing the photo.

First thing I noticed. And was... "Wow! That must be incredible sushi!"

Yeah, it kinda is. I assumed and thought it would be as well when I made the ADR. Next time, I think I'll ask for upstairs seating.

Was it quieter up there? Did you go? I think you did, but not positive.

I'm pretty sure her review is what swayed my ultimate choice.

She's a trendsetter!

Thanks!! I'm not sure if I should admit it was taken on my phone. ;)

Then don't. Say you set up lights, adjusted your DSLR to a slow frame rate (slowest synch speed with the strobes, of course) and had a tripod set up and it took eleven takes.

LOL!!! Just gotta make your desires known. As I get older and crotchety, I'm a lot more comfortable saying, "I'd really love to be near the open kitchen." ... and am completely prepared to simply wait.

Oh, I do that too. I have no problem saying (and have) "I don't really like this table, can I sit over there?"

I've never done that!

I just did last night. :)

Last edited:
A is for: Animal Kingdom Saunterings

Rumor has it that Animal Kingdom opens before the scheduled park opening. I can’t speak for every day, but it has certainly been true the last couple of trips there for me. So I planned to be there before Rope Drop. That way I’d be sure to get an early morning ride on FOP. YAY me for getting out of bed at 7:00 so I could be one of the first in. With my coffee firmly in hand, I arrived just in time to see the tapstiles wide open and a 2-hour line for FOP. My Annoyance O’Meter was rising. Again. Sigh…. I resigned to ride Navi since I had a FiP for FOP (I kinda like the way that sounds… “a FiP for FOP”, you never know, could be the next rap song hit) at 9:05. My plan HAD been to RD FOP, then ride Navi, then use my FiP for FOP. Ah well, the best laid plans… ARE SCREWED UP BY DISNEY!

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my ride through It’s a Small Planet (thank you @Terra Nova guy ) with Mauvi Navi. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, see my chapter here.

I took my time since I was like the only person sauntering through the line and took a bunch of photos. Only a few turned out okay, though.

From the ride itself:

I said good bye to Mauvi Navi shouting a resounding Sivako! in parting and then took my time wandering around Pandora.

One of my favorites from the trip:

I got a requisite wall selfie because, so you know, Pandora affords the BEST wall selfie ops. I can’t remember, but I probably watched a session of the drummers and used the bathroom once. Or maybe 3 or 4 times. I hate how morning coffee cuts into touring time. Keep your getting older comments to yourself.

Somewhere in my Pandora wanderings I ended up over at Sa'tuli Canteen and stumbled upon this guy out for a spin. I need one of these for when the walkways are crowded. Or I need a fireworks viewing spot. Or better yet, when some monster tries to hork your spot that you've been standing in for 45 minutes.

It was entertaining for a short while since I’m not 5. Then again, I’m fairly entertained by The Tiki Room and It’s a Small World, so there’s that. I’m also entertained by sickly sweet $6.00 Disney Slurpees. I’m sure the Boba Balls are responsible for $5.00 price jack. I should make an Animal Kingdom game where you get bonus points if you’re paper straw is still functional before your drink is gone.

Anyway, a bit later on, when I was sure I hadn’t had enough sugar, I headed for Kusafiri’s for some more. I had to try the all-hailed, much raved about, make-sure-not-to-miss-it Cinnamon Roll.

I wasn’t disappointed.

Having close to a religious experience, I sat at a table under the shade of the Dawa Bar stuffing my face with far too much ooey-gooey goodness wondering if one of my fellow Animal Kingdom sojourners would spare me a little insulin if needed. I also contemplated how a Dawa Mary might pair with my already unhealthy breakfast. The notion was short-lived after my Bloody Nose Blowout a few minutes later.

Recovered, I wandered around Africa then used a FiP for a Safari. It was not the best, as I was seated on the wrong side of the bus and got very few usable photos. Ah well. Here are a few that were passable.

On the trail:

It’s not important whether I sauntered the trails before or after my Safari, but what was notable was the gorilla frat boy.

As I was standing there looking for the noble gorillas, out of the bushes this guy comes ambling out.

IMG_8522-L.jpg

He wandered over to a tree, adjusted his toga a few times, then apparently becoming bored tossed it aside and started idly munching on some bamboo. Sorry pal, maybe they’ll provide you a keg next time.

Eventually, I headed over to Asia to take a spin with the Yeti making sure to take some pictures along the way. In no particular order here are a few of the outtakes.

None of them are nearly as delightful as my Animal Kingdom crush- Eight Spoons Mac n Cheese with Sweet Chili Sauce and Shrimp. Curious... Does Ursula frequent this place?

Mmm, so good! The last review I read of this wasn’t very glowing, so I hope the Mac N Cheese Makers aren’t slipping. It was while I was having my little soiree with this delicious dish of carby-ness (which keeps autocorrecting to carbines- STOP. IT!) that I snapped this photo that I used for B is for Birds in the AK Scavenger Hunt Chapter. Sorry. I like it, so I’m putting it in again.

Eventually, I made my way back to Africa, having done a full circuit (skipping Dinoland because it just ain’t my thang) and had to stop for the show with my Homeys. Yes, Dork happens when I am with them. Every time. Maybe I’d look less dorkish after a Dawa Mary.

Well, I didn’t get one, because I was headed to the Nomad for an afternoon rest and snack. But that is for another time, My Friends. I can say that after I hung out at the Nomad, I headed back to POFQ for some pool time and hot tubbing with the tree crusties.

Until next time, peace, love, namaste, sivako, burudika, and all that….

Last edited:
Yes, I can see that. Makes perfect sense. Especially the dragons part.

Well... YEAH!

ooooohhh…

The snowbanks in town are taller than I am.

Spring is coming!

Not bad! And I'd like to see if you can get more from the Orbiter. But... moving... very hard.

Only one way to find out.

Valid point. Something nice or... a back alley. Preferably with someone(s) passed out.

I'd hope Disney doesn't have those of the latter type. :scared:

Or Caesar?

(I'll take the mimosa. Thanks!)

I like a good Ceasar (not sure what a bad one tastes like since I've only ever had one).

I'm impressed that you saw that and remembered.

On occasion I do remember things. Not often, but....

Was it quieter up there? Did you go? I think you did, but not positive.

I did visit but don't really recall the noise level.

Then don't. Say you set up lights, adjusted your DSLR to a slow frame rate (slowest synch speed with the strobes, of course) and had a tripod set up and it took eleven takes.

Okay, I'll go with that. ;)

Oh, I do that too. I have no problem saying (and have) "I don't really like this table, can I sit over there?"

I will do more of that in the future. Life is too short for a crappy table.

Soooo....... seeing you’re at, oh, 52 pages ....... is it too late to join in?
NEVER!!!! And :welcome::welcome::welcome:

I am right this minute working on tidying up the LOD (List of Drivel) so ALL the links to the chapters will be there for you. Some of the banter is fun, but I also know that's a lot to wade through. Jump in wherever and whenever you can, and you'll find great folks who love Disney as much as you do.

Great to have you here! :hug:

You’re a genius with the pre packing, the (waterproof!) lists & hey, I’m with you needing those fine tip magenta sharpies! Thank you for the chapter links :love:

You’re a genius with the pre packing, the (waterproof!) lists & hey, I’m with you needing those fine tip magenta sharpies! Thank you for the chapter links :love:

Why thank you!! Almost time to start packing for May. ;)

And, plans are almost done for that trip, so need to get started on my handy-dandy flip cards for taking trip notes. Because I have CRS Syndrome.

I also have LEQ (Lose Everything Quickly) Syndrome, so need to buy new magenta sharpies.

The LOD should be all up to date now..... you are welcome!!!

I wanted to share a few of the take-aways from my New Year's Day trip to the Central Oregon Coast. Then, I'm going to hit up your threads until I'm caught up and then get to writing again.

Thanks for hanging around and..... a word to the Lurkers...

It'd be so wonderful to have you say hello. :) Come on out and play! The more the merrier and I promise none of us here bites.

And now, off to read your stories!

Hope your weekend is a fantastic one!

Oh, and if you haven't seen Mary Poppins by now, you should have! ;)
Your coastal pictures! Wowza!!! :worship:

Some gorgeous photos in this update! Especially of Pandora, and the gorillas...but I think my favourite is this one:

:lovestruc

Also, holy cinnamon bun, Batman! What a treat!

Until next time, peace, love, namaste, sivako, burudika, and all that….

Same to you! We worked with a resident in our practicum who only spoke Nepali, and we came up with some phrases and gestures that she and the staff could use to communicate with each other better. Now whenever I see the word "namaste" I think of her! :-)

Front and center is a display of Chinese duck waiting to be added to one of the several dishes they have featuring duck. One was taken down and carved for some lucky diner. The duck wasn’t so fortunate. Which made him a very unlucky duck.
Oh yum. We had the Peking Duck when we ate at Morimoto's. It was delicious.

Oh Pkondz your humor cracks me up.

:lovestruc

Also, holy cinnamon bun, Batman! What a treat!

It's HUGE!! Easily enough for 3 people. :) Well, 3 light eaters. But if you're super hungry, it fills up 2 people comfortably. It was very fresh, soft and super yummy!

Same to you! We worked with a resident in our practicum who only spoke Nepali, and we came up with some phrases and gestures that she and the staff could use to communicate with each other better. Now whenever I see the word "namaste" I think of her! :-)

Awww, that's great!! Very rewarding isn't it?

I love that!

Rumor has it that Animal Kingdom opens before the scheduled park opening. I can’t speak for every day, but it has certainly been true the last couple of trips there for me.
Good to know. I don't think I heard that before. Not that my clan would be on the move that early...

With my coffee firmly in hand, I arrived just in time to see the tapstiles wide open and a 2-hour line for FOP. My Annoyance O’Meter was rising.
Oh, well, maybe it's not that helpful then. I guess whatever crowd is there before opening heads straight to Pandora. I don't know if there is ever a good time to try FoP.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my ride through It’s a Small Planet (thank you @Terra Nova guy ) with Mauvi Navi.
:thumbsup2

I said good bye to Mauvi Navi shouting a resounding Sivako! in parting and then took my time wandering around Pandora.
I didn't do much wandering around Pandora. I wish I had done more. There are certainly plenty of good photo ops.

Somewhere in my Pandora wanderings I ended up over at Sa'tuli Canteen and stumbled upon this guy out for a spin.
I didn't see that guy ether. It may have been interesting. For a few minutes.

I’m sure the Boba Balls are responsible for $5.00 price jack.
I have never had boba balls. I just find they have an "ick" factor for me. I also don't like pulp in orange juice.
My girls seem to enjoy them though. I don't know where those things came from, but Disney seems to be buying them by the truckload lately. Seems like every new drink has them in it.

Anyway, a bit later on, when I was sure I hadn’t had enough sugar, I headed for Kusafiri’s for some more. I had to try the all-hailed, much raved about, make-sure-not-to-miss-it Cinnamon Roll.
I've heard about this cinnamon roll, but never tried it. Have you had the one at Gaston's too? I really liked that one. I'm just curious how they compare.

The last review I read of this wasn’t very glowing, so I hope the Mac N Cheese Makers aren’t slipping.
It was good back in August, so I hope they aren't slipping. But I've also read not so good things.

Rumor has it that Animal Kingdom opens before the scheduled park opening.

I suspect you're right, because...

I arrived just in time to see the tapstiles wide open and a 2-hour line for FOP.

...the same thing happened to me.

My Annoyance O’Meter was rising.

ooohhh… you have one of those, too, huh?

I had a FiP for FOP (I kinda like the way that sounds… “a FiP for FOP”,

:laughing:

::yes::

you never know, could be the next rap song hit)

No. Please. Can't we evolve to real music?

Ah well, the best laid plans… ARE SCREWED UP BY DISNEY!

Whups! Someone's Annoyance O'Meter is redlining!

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my ride through It’s a Small Planet (thank you @Terra Nova guy )

Wasn't that It's a Small Moon?

From the ride itself:

Those are really good shots for a dark ride. Nicely done!

I said good bye to Mauvi Navi shouting a resounding Sivako!

Did she wave you away?

One of my favorites from the trip:

I can see why! Very nice!

used the bathroom once. Or maybe 3 or 4 times. I hate how morning coffee cuts into touring time.

:rolleyes1

Keep your getting older comments to yourself.

I didn't say a word!

Pretty!

I need one of these for when the walkways are crowded.

Not a bad idea! You'd certainly have plenty of elbow room.

It was entertaining for a short while since I’m not 5.

Guess I'm 5. I'd probably be entertained for a while longer. That thing is cool!

Then again, I’m fairly entertained by The Tiki Room and It’s a Small World, so there’s that.

Thinking maybe you're... 5?

:rolleyes:

;)

I’m also entertained by sickly sweet $6.00 Disney Slurpees. I’m sure the Boba Balls are responsible for $5.00 price jack.

I need to get in the Boba Balls business. Sounds fairly lucrative.

I should make an Animal Kingdom game where you get bonus points if you’re paper straw is still functional before your drink is gone.

No. Bad idea. The point of a game is to have at least a chance of winning.

I headed for Kusafiri’s for some more. I had to try the all-hailed, much raved about, make-sure-not-to-miss-it Cinnamon Roll.

mmmm… dang that looks good. I've heard of it and hope to convince L to split one with me in May.

I wasn’t disappointed.

Good to know!

I sat at a table under the shade of the Dawa Bar stuffing my face with far too much ooey-gooey goodness wondering if one of my fellow Animal Kingdom sojourners would spare me a little insulin if needed.

And? Was it needed? Did you get some?
Enquiring minds want to know!

I also contemplated how a Dawa Mary might pair with my already unhealthy breakfast. The notion was short-lived after my Bloody Nose Blowout a few minutes later.

Ew... thanks for the visual.
(Strokes Bloody Mary off his list of Disney treats)

I was seated on the wrong side of the bus

There's a wrong side? Which side is that?

Here are a few that were passable.

Passable? I can't decide between the zebra shot or the rhino shot which is better, but they're both very, very good.

Another great shot. :)

Sorry pal, maybe they’ll provide you a keg next time.

Toga!Toga!Toga!Toga!

I'm thinking you're going to need a partner for that bike.

Eight Spoons Mac n Cheese with Sweet Chili Sauce and Shrimp.

mmm... sounds (and looks!) delish.

Curious... Does Ursula frequent this place?

Guessing if she does... it'll be just once.
"Today's special, Mac n Cheese with Sauteed Calamari"

carby-ness (which keeps autocorrecting to carbines- STOP. IT!)

The struggle is real.

I snapped this photo that I used for B is for Birds in the AK Scavenger Hunt Chapter. Sorry. I like it, so I’m putting it in again.

Sure! It's a great photo. :)

(skipping Dinoland because it just ain’t my thang)

It's no one's thang.

Maybe I’d look less dorkish after a Dawa Mary.

:laughing: Or more darkish.

;)

Spring is coming!

Not soon enough... and not for a long time, still. :sad2:

Only one way to find out.

Might never happen. I will not stand in much of a line for a shot of dubious value that I may not be able to capture anyway.
We'll see.

I'd hope Disney doesn't have those of the latter type. :scared:

Oh, they do. Case in point:

I like a good Ceasar (not sure what a bad one tastes like since I've only ever had one).

;)

(thanks!)

On occasion I do remember things. Not often, but....

But... but... you said:
Keep your getting older comments to yourself.

I will do more of that in the future. Life is too short for a crappy table.

::yes::

Oh Pkondz your humor cracks me up.

Hi Liesa! I'm all caught up. Thanks so much for your tribute to the WD Family Museum. It is definitely a must see for Disney fans. SF is such a great city to visit. I'm sad Morimoto's wasn't a "blow you over" experience. There are so many cool looking bars down there at DS now, but haven't been without little ones yet, so haven't really tried anything except the Boathouse, which we loved. I realize I was remiss in posting pictures and answering questions as we went along. I'm sorry. Seems like I was always reading in bed and I would not jump up to take a picture right then. I would answer in my head while busy with other things during the day, and then time just got away from me. I am always reading, and I will always be here to catch up. Hope you keep writing. I love your pics and your writing style is really creative! I'm looking forward to your next adventure. How is the flying going?

Always love your AK updates. Your love for the park and all the reasons why shine through in your updates covering the areas.

I read a different TR yesterday that involved that gorilla and his blanket! In her report, he was wearing it around his neck ALA gym style. She said that a nearby Cast Member explained it's the gorilla's security blanket and he likes to have it with him most of the time.

That was one massive cinnamon roll! I think that's a prerequisite for Disney cinnamon rolls. They gotta be larger than life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!