The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Wow, you were truly blessed with some Pixie Dust! Grand Floridan is a big step up from Coronado. Did they every explain why you were offered the upgrade? I'm so glad you had family and friends to share this pixie dust with.

I really was!! I've heard of upgrades to room category (and have had one), but his was pretty great! They didn't. No explanation at all. I think all the girls were pretty tickled!

I’m back and up to speed again! The DIS wasn’t letting me multi-quote when I was reading this, but I still made a couple of notes of things to comment on.

The DIS went through a massive glitch yesterday with something that went wonky with the user lockouts for Spam filtering. I PMd the Webmasters and it got fixed within an hour or so afterwards. But, the entire early evening was beyond frustrating as I was trying to get caught up too. Glad it's fixed today!

I’m a big SE fan, too. I’ll actually have a neat way of demonstrating just how much of a fan soon enough, but I’ll save that little tidbit for my trip report shortly. I enjoyed your SE tour here, and laughed about your presidential sightings!

OH? Now I'm super intrigued!

What a beautiful unique experience to get to see the Blue Angels! The photos you managed to take were excellent, especially for having no warning. Especially the one where they’re all fanned out.

It really was! And so happy I could have that oppotunity! I'm glad I got a few keepers of the bunch.

What beautiful wildlife photos you shared from your trip! I especially loved the owl, and the wild horses. Amazing.

Thanks! It was even more amazing to see those horses up close and personal in the wild!

You mentioned the 8 Spoons mac and cheese. I keep hearing about it. I might have to get Nathan to try it because I feel like it would be right up his alley.

Just beware.... it's only open a few hours each day. I think they make it, and when it's sold out they close up. From 11-3 is your best bet.

It sounds as if you’ve got some stressful difficult things going on, based on the intro of your most recent update. Just know that I’m thinking of you. I hope life sends you a little of whatever it is you need to make things a little better.

Thanks! It involves one of my kiddos and that's always doubly stressful. :hug:
Thanks so much for sharing your magical upgrade story! It has me smiling here just thinking about it! So exciting—you must have felt awesome arriving at the GF and having a room there with all the fancy folks! It’s such a beautiful resort.

So here I am thinking that I'm gonna be all caught up on your thread. I hit "post reply" and boom! I see you've done another update! :faint:

Yeah, I noticed that'd happened and knew you'd be like... "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!" LOL! Sowwies!

So in the expediency of being caught up, I'm just gonna do a quick reply. Sorry you were having such a crappy sort of time. But wow! What an awesome upgrade! Was it the same price you had already paid for Coronado Springs? Did the woman say that in the phone call? If she didn't that would have been my first question before I even considered accepting the offer!

It really was quite the upgrade. I enjoyed the one I got to Concierge at AKL too, but this was to a resort I NEVER thought I'd stay at. Ever.

It was the same price, no upcharge. She made that clear in the first few seconds of the call so was set at ease about that part. It was just a magical moment. I have heard of them offereing "upgrades" for a charge as well, but that'd be magical for Disney... not so much for the guest. :lmao:

I do really like staying there, it's so fancy and elegant and on the monorail, so easy to get everywhere but AK and DHS! :laughing: How awesome for you and all your roomies, the dining options there are also more fun, at least I think so. While Pepper Market has a lot of great options, I really like the Grand Floridian Cafe, and unless you're there at a really busy busy time, you can almost always get in as a walk up. Plus Gasparilla's Grill isn't bad either.

I LOVED being on the monorail. Incredibly handy!

THe buses weren't to bad either, but we weren't going super early either. Well, except once.

I had a lunch there coming up in possibly the next update. It was great! And we got food at Gasparillas too. Mmm!

First of all, I love the dress you wore to DAK. It is very well themed and you look really cute!
Second, I had heard rumors about this magical upgrade but so much better to read about your experience. I have been upgraded twice now and it is honestly one of the best feelings in the world. I hope you took lots of pics...Which, I'm sure you did. ❤ ❤ ❤

I just find Kale, Collards and such really bitter. I like spinach, but not the others.

Understandable. I would agree, spinach is the most mild of them.

From what I understand that is how all the VIP tours go, the one you went on was customized by someone with a mermaid agenda.... :rolleyes1

I might know exactly what you're talking about. LOL!

I get that. We had a trip where we started at Universal and we got a car for the couple days there. We drove to AK and unloaded the car. I took the car back to the airport and the thg let me ride DME back to AK even though our plane had come in several days earlier.

I think Disney is willing to work with you if you aren't pushy and ask nicely. They've always seemed reassonable to me.

Yeah, I've done that before..a couple times in the toilet as well.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaandd, I've done that too. :( Twice. And a bathtub once. Luckily the two toilet dunks didn't need a new phone.

I know what you mean. I'm not even caught up. AT ALL.

I have most of the day ahead of me with this.

For not having photos, that was a pretty entertaining read! :laughing:

There will be some in the next chapter- pt 2 of the upgrade... promise.

Uh, oh. That doesn't sound so good. Hope everything will be okay. Maybe take a breath and get a hug from a friend or something. :hug:

Thanks! And I'm sure it will.

I think I'd get pretty combusted with a gaggle of girls, too.

Well, considering how hot these girls were....! ;)

Oh. Well, not as much fun as the alternative, but... okay.

Did I mention how hot it was?

:laughing: I get this. PNW legs are probably about as blinding as Canadian legs.

We could fight the Demagorgan with them!!

:rolleyes: Thinking... no.

Correct.

:lmao:
I shouldn't laugh, but.

Remind me to never let you do the navigating if we ever are together and heading somewhere.
Come to think of it... we already have. I drove you to your... was it friend's place in California?

But did you die?
🤷‍♀️
:sad2:
It's a wonder we ever got to your friend's place.

No kidding!! SoCal traffic is NO joke!

Sure. Who (or what) else would you blame???

Seemed legit to me.

Because she gets free tickets to Disney. I'm sure of it.

Ok, smart donkey. ;)

Hence... the quiet pools.

To my knowledge there isn't one at Kidani.

::yes::
I remember getting a 407 call and doing this:
"Stupid long distance. Probably spam. I don't know anyone... from... OH!!!"<snatches phone>

Oddly, in the last week or so, I HAVE gotten some spam crap from 407... so there's that.

And I would have the opposite reaction.
"You lost my luggage?"
"My room got flooded from the moron upstairs and you only have a room on the other side of the planet for me?"

Ah, a glass half empty-er?

"Meh. If you could get me one of the All Stars, now we'd be talking."

:lmao:

Huh. I thought it was all barcoded and all...

I think (just a guess, I really have no idea!) that that's just your flight information, not necessarily the resort info. The resort if simply typed in print so they must somehow hand sort that when it gets to MCO.

Aw, that must have been just so great to see.

It was!!

Whups! Happy belated birthday!

Why thanks!!

Yeah... and I don't watch Maury Povich because of scenes like that. Ridiculous, inane and ignorant.

I seriously do NOT understand why on earth people find it funny, entertaining or even ok.

:laughing: Which would explain why I like them so much!

Winnipegers and their frozen slushees.

Must've sent it Pony Express.
Giddy up, Hoss!

First of all, I love the dress you wore to DAK. It is very well themed and you look really cute!

thanks!! I love that dress and did actually buy it specifically for AK!!

Second, I had heard rumors about this magical upgrade but so much better to read about your experience. I have been upgraded twice now and it is honestly one of the best feelings in the world. I hope you took lots of pics...Which, I'm sure you did. ❤ ❤ ❤
This was my 2nd time as well. THe first was a category change to Concierge at AKL! I LOVED that!!! I did take photos and will write about check in, which ended up being an entirely entertaining story of its own, in the next update. I think you'll enjoy it!

Double post of...??

I replied to your replies last night, but when I was typing from my phone in bed I couldn't find it. I came out to my computer to find all the quotes there with no replies written in, so I re-replied to your replies. When I hit post reply, I saw your replies to my replies, so I edited it and now it has another reply. Different though.

I replied to your replies last night, but when I was typing from my phone in bed I couldn't find it. I came out to my computer to find all the quotes there with no replies written in, so I re-replied to your replies. When I hit post reply, I saw your replies to my replies, so I edited it and now it has another reply. Different though.
LOL! And now my head is spinning!! As long as you're here, Alison.... that's all that matter. :hug:

From what I understand that is how all the VIP tours go, the one you went on was customized by someone with a mermaid agenda.... :rolleyes1
I might know exactly what you're talking about. LOL!
No idea what you people are talking about.
There will be some in the next chapter- pt 2 of the upgrade... promise.
Yusss...
Well, considering how hot these girls were....! ;)
::yes:: Hubba! Hubba!
Did I mention how hot it was?
Nooo? I don't think so? Was it hot?

:duck:
We could fight the Demagorgan with them!!
:thumbsup2
But did you die?
🤷‍♀️
It was a close thing.
No kidding!! SoCal traffic is NO joke!
No. No it's not.
Ok, smart donkey. ;)
Hey!
To my knowledge there isn't one at Kidani.
Ah. Someone needs to grab a shovel and dig one.
Oddly, in the last week or so, I HAVE gotten some spam crap from 407... so there's that.
Ha! So there you go!
Ah, a glass half empty-er?
Hmmm... not usually. But... mostly when the phone rings, it's spam, soliciting, surveys or "Your credit cards are in danger! Please to be calling us right away! And your computer has many viruses too!"
I think (just a guess, I really have no idea!) that that's just your flight information, not necessarily the resort info. The resort if simply typed in print so they must somehow hand sort that when it gets to MCO.
I guess? I really don't know.
I seriously do NOT understand why on earth people find it funny, entertaining or even ok.
I think it's like a traffic accident. You can't not look.
Winnipegers and their frozen slushees.
::yes::

That was definitely an awesome surprise for you guys! After you posted about secret pixie dust, Molly or Caroline guessed an upgrade but I didn’t believe it! I even tried to get Kelly to blackmail/withhold information until you told me what the secret was!

No idea what you people are talking about.

Sure ya don't.

Mr. Dinglehopper Bearer.

And maybe even before next weekend.

::yes:: Hubba! Hubba!

:laughing:

Nooo? I don't think so? Was it hot?

:duck:

You have a little seed on your cheek....

It was a close thing.

Uh huh. Sure it was.

Ah. Someone needs to grab a shovel and dig one.

This might be a good place.

Hmmm... not usually. But... mostly when the phone rings, it's spam, soliciting, surveys or "Your credit cards are in danger! Please to be calling us right away! And your computer has many viruses too!"
So all the usual suspects.

That was definitely an awesome surprise for you guys! After you posted about secret pixie dust, Molly or Caroline guessed an upgrade but I didn’t believe it! I even tried to get Kelly to blackmail/withhold information until you told me what the secret was!
I remember that!! LOL!! I even remember a certain VIP pin being held hostage in lieu of the deets.

Sure ya don't.

Mr. Dinglehopper Bearer.
Funny you should mention that.
But that's a story for my next update.
And maybe even before next weekend.
Yay!
You have a little seed on your cheek....
No, that's a love bug.
This might be a good place.
Where is that?
So all the usual suspects.
Unfortunately... yes.

LOL! And now my head is spinning!! As long as you're here, Alison.... that's all that matter. :hug:
What's the problem? I'm replying to your reply to her which she had replies, but then she didn't have replies and then she had replies again, but they were double replies and had to edit her replies.
Now my replies to your replies to her replies to your replies.
Simple! ;)

The call of the wild, the allure of nature's beasts, the mostly untamed (but sorta cleverly manicured) landscapes of Animal Kingdom easily lures me to Embrace Adventure. Well, okay, it’s actually the siren song of 8 Spoons Mac and Cheese, or my latest new love affair with Satuli Bowls, but regardless, I find myself being drawn to find new ways to tickle my Inner Explorer at this park. And I sure did! Wanna join my one-gal morning of explorations? Here, take my hand, and let’s be off to the High Himalayas!
Nothing better than starting the day in AK!
First stop, because I was feeling cute ( :rolleyes2 ) I did something I NEVER do... stopped for some PP pix. But, there was no line at all and I had loads of time to waste time pretending to be a glamour girl.
You look fabulous!
Can someone tell me what that cable or rope or whatever it is hanging there is supposed to be? I've never seen rope-y things alongside tracks before.
Hmmm, not sure?
She passed it off, and we thought we'd meet up again after she rode EE. While I waited for her to don her oxygen and make her ascent, I got to enjoy the antics of Kevin for a while. She was in high spirits as she posed at the same PP place I did with a random couple who scored what were probably the best photos of their trip. She walked around the area idly pecking at unsuspecting passersby, peering over the bridge, and squacking up a storm scaring the crap out of more than a few folks.
Kevin!!! I love her!!
I was relieved when Kelly made it back with all of her rupees intact (no card games for these RNs!), and we stopped for a quick photo together:
Love this shot!
Here I sit taking a break from another of life’s storms reminiscing back to memories which provide an ample escape from the stress and worry of things I’d rather not have to wade through.
Not trying to pry but just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and am hoping things settle down for you. :hug:
“Good afternoon, Steppe! Once in a while I have the pleasure of offering an upgrade to a select few of our guests.”

<grumpy mood begins to melt away>

“Would you be interested in changing your resort from the Coronado to maybe the Grand Floridian?”
Sweet!!!!!!
“Great! Just give me a few moments to make that switch and we’ll have everything set up for your stay at the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort beginning tomorrow morning.”
What a wonderful upgrade!! :goodvibes
However, I really wanted to surprise my mom with the upgrade. So, instead of having her do that, I just asked her to NOT check her bag and we’d pick it up ourselves. Which we did. And she was as blown away as I was when I picked up her later the next day when I picked her up.

Dear Readers, I never, ever imagined I’d stay at the Grand Floridian. Being so far out of my price range, I just wrote it off as wishful thinking. In the course of 20 minutes, another Disney magical moment made my goal of staying at each resort just a little more possible. And it certainly made birthday #52 just a little more special.
How nice is that! I am so glad you had such a special and amazing experience, certainly very well deserved. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!