The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Personally, a man hitting a woman is NEVER okay. Good thing for him I wasn't there. I'm not a violent person, but my training would've kicked in.

Maybe it'd not gone on for a full 4 minutes+ if someone had been there with some level of training on how to neutralize this scumbag.
They're old horses. Probably more like 5-7 days.
And given they have to go over the Cascades.... let's all hope they're in good shape.

Well they don't seem to have them anymore, but they had a breakfast bowl with egg whites, swiss cheese, turkey sausage, and I was almost sold when I thought the green stuff was spinach, but it was kale. Blech!

WOW, does that sound good too. I guess I'm the odd one out here. I like the addition of the greens and honestly can hardly tell the difference between kale and spinach. Or chard for that matter. Beet greens... yes.

Ah you said 1882, he was 1832. That's why I had a hard time finding it! 😂 😂 😂

Oops!!! LOL!! Stupid typos!

Actually the answer I was looking for was Zachary Taylor. Now you need to go to the American Pavilion and find your Dad there too!

👍
I can understand that. I would like taking a tour in WDW, sounds intriguing, especially comparing one to DLR.

I think this tour was customized to our group specifically. I'm not sure if it was "normal" or not, but it worked for us!

I forgot to mention that your pictures of the Blue Angels flyover were awesome!

Thanks!

Nice little jaunt into nature. I'm not going to quote a bunch because I'm just so far behind, but your pictures are absolutely stunning and you caught some very nice poses of all the various animals.

Thanks again, Alison! I saw a lot of country that is unique in nature and loved it!

Here I sit taking a break from another of life’s storms reminiscing back to memories which provide an ample escape from the stress and worry of things I’d rather not have to wade through.
Uh oh...this doesn't sound good. :hug:

“she’s just talking about another Disney Trip again
And the problem with that is what, exactly?

And… it’s a good thing I did too! Let me elucidate:
Okay...

I changed into my swimsuit and gandered at my pasty white Pacific Northwest legs in the mirror and hoped everyone was wearing their shades.
I was wondering why I saw so many people with guide dogs the next day.

I perused the menu briefly and it didn’t take me long to talk myself out of a $14 cocktail that a 2-year old would have a hard time tasting the alcohol
Almost never a hard choice for me. I don't drink often and not Disney priced drinks.

Because, Dear Steppe, this is the hour of Kid’s Pool Games, of course!
Woo hoo! Wait! What? Oh no they didn't.

At that point, I knew.
And that's a good know...

<grumpy mood begins to melt away>
Ya think?

“Would you be interested in changing your resort from the Coronado to maybe the Grand Floridian?”
Umm, let me think about that for a picosecond.

I think that gave her the answer she was looking for.
Ya think?

And it certainly made birthday #52 just a little more special.
Wait...you told me it was your 23rd 29.

Makes sense, you seem to be a nature loving kind of gal.

I do!! :) Then again, I like variety too. I'm just as happy in a museum, a restaurant, or Main Street of a small town.

Riveting, I tell you!

LOL!! I have NO idea what I was aiming for in that photo!

Aw, Yeti wouldn't steer you wrong. They're lemon afterall!

You picked your Mom up? :confused3

So, the original plan was for us to ride ME together as we'd planned our flights to land at about the same time. And they did. I just felt very weird about leaving her alone to figure out ME with her stuff all by herself. It was supposed to be a mother/daughter trip as much as it was supposed to be an EPIC trip. So, I arranged with GF to get an ME BACK to the airport, meet her and ride ME WITH her to the GF. That way we started our trip out together.

Ugh, no I don't really remember hearing about that. What a pain!

It was!!! Phone took a swim and that was that. I'll get to that chapter soon...

Yes! I did see them. Very nice!

Thanks!

And the problem with that is what, exactly?

I get so tired of explaining why I keep going there. Why it matters is still a mystery to me.

I was wondering why I saw so many people with guide dogs the next day.

LOL!

Like this lady?

Almost never a hard choice for me. I don't drink often and not Disney priced drinks.

I've found that a glass of wine is a much better value.

Woo hoo! Wait! What? Oh no they didn't.

Yes. They did. I was so annoyed.

And that's a good know...

One of the best kinds!

Ya think?

I do!!

Umm, let me think about that for a picosecond.

I'm not sure it was even that long.

Ya think?

::yes::

Wait...you told me it was your 23rd 29.
Gosh darn it!! I KEEP making those pesky typos!

Okay, Friendlies,

All caught up here for the next... 3 minutes. Bit of a busy-ish weekend but hoping to find some time to read and catch up on all of the threads I read. :) Planning for a few days away again next weekend, so will get behind all over again then. Sigh.... the life of a DISser. LOL! Hope your weekend is going well, Everyone! :grouphug:

So, I arranged with GF to get an ME BACK to the airport, meet her and ride ME WITH her to the GF. That way we started our trip out together.
I didn't know that. Cool idea and great they did that!

I get so tired of explaining why I keep going there. Why it matters is still a mystery to me.
Some of the folks I work with just shake their head and say again.
On the other hand, since I live here now, I'm doing my darndest to make Disney lose money on my AP.

Yes. They did. I was so annoyed.
I can't imagine why.

That's not true, I can totally understand why.

I'm not sure it was even that long.
Okay, a fectosecond?

Wow, you were truly blessed with some Pixie Dust! Grand Floridan is a big step up from Coronado. Did they every explain why you were offered the upgrade? I'm so glad you had family and friends to share this pixie dust with.

I didn't know that. Cool idea and great they did that!

Well, I had a reservation on ME for that day anyway, seems fair to let me use it. LOL!
Some of the folks I work with just shake their head and say again.
On the other hand, since I live here now, I'm doing my darndest to make Disney lose money on my AP.

Good on you!! If that's what brings you some welcome escape from the stress of normal life... I say awesome!

I can't imagine why.

That's not true, I can totally understand why.

I just wanted to close my eyes and find some "unplug" from the noise and chaos of the parks. Every now and then and bit of peace and quiet is a welcome thing for some re-charge.

Okay, a fectosecond?
That works. ;)

I’m back and up to speed again! The DIS wasn’t letting me multi-quote when I was reading this, but I still made a couple of notes of things to comment on.

I’m a big SE fan, too. I’ll actually have a neat way of demonstrating just how much of a fan soon enough, but I’ll save that little tidbit for my trip report shortly. I enjoyed your SE tour here, and laughed about your presidential sightings!

What a beautiful unique experience to get to see the Blue Angels! The photos you managed to take were excellent, especially for having no warning. Especially the one where they’re all fanned out.

What beautiful wildlife photos you shared from your trip! I especially loved the owl, and the wild horses. Amazing.

You mentioned the 8 Spoons mac and cheese. I keep hearing about it. I might have to get Nathan to try it because I feel like it would be right up his alley.

It sounds as if you’ve got some stressful difficult things going on, based on the intro of your most recent update. Just know that I’m thinking of you. I hope life sends you a little of whatever it is you need to make things a little better.

Thanks so much for sharing your magical upgrade story! It has me smiling here just thinking about it! So exciting—you must have felt awesome arriving at the GF and having a room there with all the fancy folks! It’s such a beautiful resort.

So here I am thinking that I'm gonna be all caught up on your thread. I hit "post reply" and boom! I see you've done another update! :faint:

So in the expediency of being caught up, I'm just gonna do a quick reply. Sorry you were having such a crappy sort of time. But wow! What an awesome upgrade! Was it the same price you had already paid for Coronado Springs? Did the woman say that in the phone call? If she didn't that would have been my first question before I even considered accepting the offer!

I do really like staying there, it's so fancy and elegant and on the monorail, so easy to get everywhere but AK and DHS! :laughing: How awesome for you and all your roomies, the dining options there are also more fun, at least I think so. While Pepper Market has a lot of great options, I really like the Grand Floridian Cafe, and unless you're there at a really busy busy time, you can almost always get in as a walk up. Plus Gasparilla's Grill isn't bad either.

Last edited:
WOW, does that sound good too. I guess I'm the odd one out here. I like the addition of the greens and honestly can hardly tell the difference between kale and spinach. Or chard for that matter. Beet greens... yes.

I just find Kale, Collards and such really bitter. I like spinach, but not the others.

I think this tour was customized to our group specifically. I'm not sure if it was "normal" or not, but it worked for us!

From what I understand that is how all the VIP tours go, the one you went on was customized by someone with a mermaid agenda.... :rolleyes1

So, the original plan was for us to ride ME together as we'd planned our flights to land at about the same time. And they did. I just felt very weird about leaving her alone to figure out ME with her stuff all by herself. It was supposed to be a mother/daughter trip as much as it was supposed to be an EPIC trip. So, I arranged with GF to get an ME BACK to the airport, meet her and ride ME WITH her to the GF. That way we started our trip out together.

I get that. We had a trip where we started at Universal and we got a car for the couple days there. We drove to AK and unloaded the car. I took the car back to the airport and the thg let me ride DME back to AK even though our plane had come in several days earlier.

It was!!! Phone took a swim and that was that. I'll get to that chapter soon...

Yeah, I've done that before..a couple times in the toilet as well.

All caught up here for the next... 3 minutes.

I know what you mean. I'm not even caught up. AT ALL.

For not having photos, that was a pretty entertaining read! :laughing:

Here I sit taking a break from another of life’s storms reminiscing back to memories which provide an ample escape from the stress and worry of things I’d rather not have to wade through.
Uh, oh. That doesn't sound so good. Hope everything will be okay. Maybe take a breath and get a hug from a friend or something. :hug:
I was about to internally combust at AK with a gaggle of giggling girls
I think I'd get pretty combusted with a gaggle of girls, too.
Not from the company, but from the relentless heat and fatigue of the early morning and mild jet lag.
Oh. Well, not as much fun as the alternative, but... okay.
my pasty white Pacific Northwest legs
:laughing: I get this. PNW legs are probably about as blinding as Canadian legs.
(because having to go to the front desk to get let back in with pasty white Pacific Northwest legs isn’t ok)
:rolleyes: Thinking... no.
I knew right where I was going. <insert huge eye roll> I got off the elevator and stepped into a cavernous dark hole called the parking structure. Nice.
:lmao:
I shouldn't laugh, but.

Remind me to never let you do the navigating if we ever are together and heading somewhere.
Come to think of it... we already have. I drove you to your... was it friend's place in California?
I exposed my pasty white Pacific Northwest legs to the children who probably needed retinal correction when they returned home.
The children! OMG! Think of the children!!!!
After getting to the general area, I found myself standing outside the gym where I didn’t have any intention of visiting.
:sad2:
It's a wonder we ever got to your friend's place.
Then again, it could be any day of the year and I’d have zero intention of visiting. I blame it on my pasty white PNW legs.
Sure. Who (or what) else would you blame???
a $14 cocktail that a 2-year old would have a hard time tasting the alcohol in
$14??? Nope.
<my eyes are going to get stuck this way>
:laughing: Stawp!!!
Why, at that moment, did Katy Perry suddenly intrude on this tranquility?
Because she gets free tickets to Disney. I'm sure of it.
On a scale of grouchy- to friggin’ irritated, I was squarely on the wrong end of the spectrum.
Oh dear.
quiet places are non-existent at the pool during Kid’s Pool Games Time.
Hence... the quiet pools.
I decided to venture into the pool to cool off (feel free to interpret that any way you wish)
:rolleyes1
While I was in the pool with my pasty white PNW legs causing blindness far and wide
:rotfl: Enough!!!
407 number. If you don’t have that area code memorized, you need to re-evaluate your Disney Fandom level.
::yes::
I remember getting a 407 call and doing this:
"Stupid long distance. Probably spam. I don't know anyone... from... OH!!!"<snatches phone>
a 2nd CM answered and introduced herself as the “Inventory Manager for the Coronado Resort”. At that point, I knew. I knew something magical was about to happen.
And I would have the opposite reaction.
"You lost my luggage?"
"My room got flooded from the moron upstairs and you only have a room on the other side of the planet for me?"
“Would you be interested in changing your resort from the Coronado to maybe the Grand Floridian?”
"Meh. If you could get me one of the All Stars, now we'd be talking."
Like and idiot, I was speechless for about 5 seconds before my sensibilities kicked in and I can neither confirm nor deny that I screeched like one of the kids over at Pool Games Time.
:laughing: I'd sure like to have seen that. :goodvibes
should the need ever arise to have your ME luggage go to any other Disney Resort than what is on our yellow tags, I was told to have Mom and Jenn simply scratch off Coronado and write Grand Floridian in sharpie.
Huh. I thought it was all barcoded and all...
However, I really wanted to surprise my mom with the upgrade. So, instead of having her do that, I just asked her to NOT check her bag and we’d pick it up ourselves. Which we did. And she was as blown away as I was when I picked up her later the next day when I picked her up.
Aw, that must have been just so great to see. :)
And it certainly made birthday #52 just a little more special.
Whups! Happy belated birthday!

Last edited:
With shows like Maury Povich and other reality shows, that behavior is normalized and becomes ok. "Everyone is doing it; we're not so bad."
Yeah... and I don't watch Maury Povich because of scenes like that. Ridiculous, inane and ignorant.
Very good!
Yay! Gold star for me!
I know, but ....spaetzle.
Valid point.
You just described every frozen drink in World Showcase.
:laughing: Which would explain why I like them so much!
Oddly, I replied that before leaving for work, and stopped at my mailbox on the way out. It was there. :laughing:
Must've sent it Pony Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!