The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Your stay at the Poly looks so nice! Also, I really want to see that Macaw show! It looks awesome.
It was! Thanks!

YES! That Macaw Show is definitely worth sticking around for and seeking out or making a detour for. All of us truly enjoyed it!

Well... by the time they reopen the border, my AP, extension notwithstanding will probably be expired.

You may be right, in which case, I'd still ask for my money back.

Nooooo! You need to take your time on those!

YES!! Well, at least I'd want MINE done by a more.... careful person.
Glad you got to see it finally, then. :)

Lucky me!
:laughing:
I did have that fixin' bar once, but... still wasn't that great a burger.

LOL!! Okay then.... let's just face it, Disney stinks at burgers.

Or at least neither of us has had a really good one there.

It's a nice, fun treat for the guests. One of those Disney things.

I just learned the the MSEP used this as its inspiration/prototype. And that the Baroque Hoedown was the original score used in the ELWP FRIST! I had no idea!

Ugh. I feel bad for the parents. And you, of course.

Yeah, I kinda did too. It's upsetting for sure.

Ha! I bet that's a great time when you show your friends your vacation photos.

:rolleyes: I save those for....you.

Either that, or you're about to be invaded.
I have this vision of Trader Sam arriving to tell me he has a very special deal for me. That's good news, right?

Kronk totally makes that movie work.

Totally.

:laughing:
I'm glad to hear that. We all have our drama moments, but I hope the family memories were special for you.

I like to think they were. And more to be made on the upcoming trips to Europe.

Trying to catch up again and also get over to actually read your Italy TR, so comments will be succinct.
ANd that's OKAY!! :) Glad to have you here.... and there.

Sounds like a nice couple of days, well besides the crying baby and almost losing your phone. I love watching the Electric Water Pagent, such a fun little show, even if it is kind of cheesy.

Not such fun moments of the trip, but the Poly offered some fun things in the midst!

The only thing about that Poly Feast is that it didn't look like it had enough shrimp, but then you said someone didn't eat seafood. Still I'd want three just for me! I hope that O'hana can reopen someday. And just after I figured out that you could get the noodles and potstickers at the bar! :headache:

Yes, I'd heard that those are available and those potstickers are SO good. I love them at Trader Sams which are equally good! And I'd agree, the shrimp is the highlight of the meats.

I didn't realize that the BBC did the one with Colin Firth, I liked this one better

I've seen both, and prefer BBC's, but will also concede that one is very good and much shorter.

Oh, it was probably chicken souvlaki at the Greek booth. Lamb is much better.

Yes, I'm imagining it was. ::yes::

And yes, lamb trumps chicken by a LONG shot.

Hopefully they will open again in the near future. While the average TS is OK, I prefer the signatures.

I do too. And find it's often not THAT much more spendy depending on what you order.

No, this is a real sausage. I ordered some from this place outside Seattle, but Fran says they are too spicy for her taste.

https://ulisfamoussausage.com/
Looks like good stuff there!! And if they're too spicy for her, more for you!!

Well we got three regular glasses of wine and a small pour of dessert wine. Nothing like the deal at the French Lunch, but still I think it was a good deal.

I'd agree!! you got a lot of money's worth of wine alone. :)

I'm not a huge fan of nuts, so I'd rather have a French Pastry.

Ah, that would be a problem then!

I can see that, but this is a great lunch place!

Hm, I hadn't thought of it for lunch, but that's not a bad idea.

That should be easy compared to your initial nursing school adventure!

I guess I'll see! I just have really no idea what to expect in terms of the classwork or load.

You may be right, in which case, I'd still ask for my money back.
Doubt I'd get it.
YES!! Well, at least I'd want MINE done by a more.... careful person.
I think I'll just tiptoe away from that...
LOL!! Okay then.... let's just face it, Disney stinks at burgers.
::yes::

But I've yet to try that burger place in DTD.
Or at least neither of us has had a really good one there.
Correction One good burger.

Because you have so much free time!!!!
Seriously though, good for you!

Just something I should probably do for a bit more job security.

Well, duh. Obviously Batman's Side Nurse.

Of course!!

Sure. To throw the criminals off the scent. Good thinking.

I is smart.

Oh? Has your work place been affected by the Corona Virus?

In many ways, yes.

But I am antsy to move soon to Kentucky where my folks live so I can be closer to my family. I want to be able to have a wider variety of job options when I make that move in the next couple of years.

Very exciting that you're headed back for some more schooling! I'm sure it will make life even busier for you, but hopefully it'll be worth the effort and the money! That's an excellent excuse for being a little too busy for the DIS. If you ever need a proofreader for any applications or essays etc., now or in future, I'd be happy to help :)
Everyone I've talked to says it's a pretty easy program compared to Nursing School in general. Some of my colleagues have even said it's actually doable in 6 months. And I very well may take you up on that! ::yes::

Good luck with the program. It will be a lot of hard work but definitely worth it. At least you don't have kids at home to worry about while you earn your degree. :)
Hopefully kicking it off August 1st. :) And yes, not having kiddos should make it quite a bit more managable!

Just something I should probably do for a bit more job security.
Good plan. Pretty rare to not get a job because you're overqualified, vs underqualified.
But I am antsy to move soon to Kentucky where my folks live so I can be closer to my family.
Ah! Okay, I get that. Are they still in the same place?
I want to be able to have a wider variety of job options when I make that move in the next couple of years.
Totally get that. Smart move.

A is for: All the Letters of the Alphabet!

As you know, I was on a quest, a little homemade scavenger hunt so to speak, to find myself in a place or area on Disney Property that begins with each letter of the alphabet. I thought long and hard before I left and came up with at least one, but sometimes several, options for each letter. My goal was to try to take a selfie in each one, but if it wasn't feasible, just do my best and get a photo. I DID find myself successful in this quest and now I present to you...

An Alphabetical Journey Through Disney World!

A is for Africa, America too,
Anandapur village as well. See? It is true!

B brings us to Black Spire Outpost,
Take a big bus there and let's make a toast!

From Corona to China we have Letter C,
Castillo del Morro where pirates roam free.

Dinoland's there in all of her glory,
With funkiest, weirdest zany backstory.

From English Garden, tranquil and quiet,
to Everest's Heights, only the bravest will try it.

F is for Fantasy here in this land,
and France is for sorbet in my hot little hand.

Galaxy's Edge in a land far away,
Where one spends their money in one single day.

Harambe the village, walls washed of white,
and Hundred Acre Woods! Let's fly us a kite!

International Gateway, I found myself here,
Let's head to Germany for a cold grapefruit beer!

J is for Jamaica, steel drums and smiles,
The walk to the pool is miles and miles.

The Rapids at Kali are thunderous they say,
Yes, they will make you quite wet the entire day.

Liberty Square, gives history its due,
While the Land gives us Ag Techs anew!

Mission Control, 3, 2, 1... It's a Go!
at Maria and Enzo's the food is quite good and now you know!

Continued in next post....

From Niue to Norway, I found myself there
What in the world is goin' on with my hair?!

O is for Old Port Royale, let's get all checked in!,
Adventures all kinds, let them begin!

Plaza del los Amigos, a place to find friends,
But best to steer clear on the weekends.

Quiet pools start with Q, this one was closed,
But not the other one, where I dipped in my toes.

(I found this Q too that I was particularly proud of.)

Royal Sommerhaus, a chic getaway
I've never been IN it, and I'm totally ok.

Spaceport 75 is the place for a spin,
Look at my face!!!! It looks stupid again!

Dropped on in to the Tower of Terror,
Tomorrowland's fun, but not devoid of a Scarer.

Under the Seas in two places I went,
A bit with a mermaid and with rays time I spent.

Venice, it calls, and go there I must,
It'll be open for reals in 3 months so I trust :scared:...

Wilderness Lodge, ahhh, the beauty I saw,
I understand now the attraction and draw.

(Wine Cellars and Wonderland are good too.)

X marks the spot on the map and I went,
I found me a treasure with CM-given hint.

Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe with baubles and balls,
It's here that you'd go to deck out your halls.

Z is for Zurg's mighty empire,
Galactic Hero is still something I aspire.

(Maybe if I twist up my face juuuuuust so…)

A to Z, Adventures galore,
Let me assure you, My Friends, there are so many, many more.

Maybe not this month; maybe not this year. But someday we will all find ourselves in that happy place again seeking out our own adventures one by one. Keep dreaming, keep hoping. Happier days will surely come again.

My goal was to try to take a selfie in each one
Wow! Not an easy goal.
An Alphabetical Journey Through Disney World!
I’m not going to quote every stanza... but that was very well done. :)
C-L.jpg
Very nice shot of you!
:laughing: Your kids!
The walk to the pool is miles and miles.
Another reason why I’ll probably never stay there.
The Rapids at Kali are thunderous they say,
I don’t recognize that at all. It’s been over 10 years since I last rode it.
Royal Sommerhaus, a chic getaway
I've never been IN it, and I'm totally ok.
Yep. Me too.
Look at my face!!!! It looks stupid again!
Not at all. :)
Maybe if I twist up my face juuuuuust so…
:lmao:
Keep dreaming, keep hoping. Happier days will surely come again.
:hug:

This is definitely why we need to travel together again! We would have so much fun!
Add a blond haired Canadian to the party, please! This is exactly how I roll on my Disney adventures. :)
My anticipated start date is August 1st and I hope to be able to finish in 9-12 months. But I have as long as I want; that faster I do it, the less I spend. That, my friends, is highly motivating!!
Congratulations! I am sure you will rock it!
Maybe not this month; maybe not this year. But someday we will all find ourselves in that happy place again seeking out our own adventures one by one. Keep dreaming, keep hoping. Happier days will surely come again.
I am looking forward to those happier days! We just moved to stage 2 reopening here and on Saturday, my oldest son and I went for lunch on the patio near his university house. Let me tell you, it was blissful! And I was very impressed with the health and safety protocols they had in place. :)

Very well done scavenger hunt as usual.
I hope we can all get back to our happy place before too long.
I have to admit that with the stories of the hassle people had with the park reservation system, I am happy enough not having a WDW trip booked. I never thought I would say it, but I don’t think it’s worth the trouble right now (even if I could go with the Canadian border still closed).

In other “real life” news, it seems that I may be going back to work this week after being off nearly two months. I’m not sure how long it will last, but my bank account will be happier. I have to admit I enjoyed the time off, but it couldn’t last for ever.
The retail shop DW works at has reopened and she’s been getting some shifts in the last couple weeks, so things are slowly getting back to something resembling normal.

The Queen's Table is a nice little shop. We discovered it one day when we were doing "new things". It is always surprising how many new things for us to do, too, since we tend to do our favorite things the most. :)

Great job completing the scavenger hunt!

I sure hope so. Sometimes this feels like it's going to go on forever.

A to Z, Adventures galore,
Let me assure you, My Friends, there are so many, many more.

Very impressive!! I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Hard not to feel discouraged these days, but you're absolutely right that someday the magic will return! We just all have to hold on till then. :)

Wonderful TR, you put a lot of effort in and it was really lovely to read! Very unique. Thanks for the journey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter