The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that there are iHomes in the BCV that could be used to charge ipods & iphones? Can anyone confirm this? Also,what are my chances of a dedicated 1 bedroom nonsmoking villa with a quiet pool view?
TIA!

I read somewhere that there are iHomes in the BCV that could be used to charge ipods & iphones? Can anyone confirm this? Also,what are my chances of a dedicated 1 bedroom nonsmoking villa with a quiet pool view?
TIA!

We charge out Ipod touch with it every day we're there.:thumbsup2

I'm back. What a wonderful magical time!!! I just love the Disney Magic!! As usual, I had tears in my eyes when we walked off the ship this morning and then again when we dropped Jeanne off at the airport. At least I'm going out to help her in the classroom on 4/20 for ten days so it's not too long before I see her again.

The only bad weather was yesterday ... the day we were at Castaway Cay. Of course that's my favorite place in the whole world and it was sad that I couldn't spend all day on my float in the water at the adult beach but we still went in the water (in the rain) but it was cold without the sun so we only stayed out a short time. Our favorite comedians were on board and Jeanne finally got to see them after hearing so much about them from Bob and I. We absolutely love Alfred and Seymour!! Food was great. Jeanne, Brian and Bob complained about the weight gain. I just figure I'll walk extra around the lobby to try and walk off the extra pounds. Service and everything else was excellent (as usual). Only real disappointment was the new show. Villains Tonight replaced the Golden Mickeys which was my favorite show so that was a bummer. Jeanne liked the new show. I thought the acting and music and everything was good but no comparison to the Golden Mickeys. It had alot of adult humor that the kids will never "get" (in my opinion). It was very different! I'm looking forward to hearing what others think about the show.

OK, now I've got eight loads of wash to do. Looking forward to getting back to my lobby at the BC tomorrow and I know I've got lots of Disboarders coming in soon ... can't wait to see you all!!!

TIA!

There are no dedicated 1 bedroom villas and they are all non-smoking.

Teena, welcome home!!!:grouphug: It sounds like you had a great cruise to celebrate Jeanne's graduation. :woohoo: Sorry about the weather yesterday though. :sad2:

Hi All - Originally, we were staying at VWL and had a fishing excursion scheduled out of WL, but we changed to BCV this morning :-))) and changed our fishing reservation to the Epcot lake based on the CM's recommendation. After doing some research, it looks like the MK lakes might be much better for a two hour fishing trip so I'm thinking of taking the boat from WL even though we'll be staying at BCV. Does anyone have any experience with the Disney fishing trips?

I answered on your other thread but I would stick with WL for the excursion as the guide can take you all over Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. My DH loved the fishing excursions but haven't done it for many years now.

I am sure I read something about this but now I can't find it with the search feature.

My daughter and I will be at BC from 4/20-28:cool1:

1. Are you allowed to bring in your own pool noodles or floats if they are clear? I've read posts about people told to put their own floats away, but I also thought I had read that you can bring something of your own instead of renting. I think now that I may have been deluded!

You can take your own noodles. Not sure about floats but I doubt it if you mean the floats that are body length.

How much extra is CL? I tried to find the info but wasn't able to. Thanks!

Go to Disney World's site and try entering your dates, requesting club level. You can also see the rack rates for club level at mousesavers.com.

TIA!

Jill is right...all villas and for that matter all WDW rooms are non-smoking.

Many villas face the pool...close to half I would say. I would just request that.

Unlike BWV, there are dedicated two BRs at BCV. If using points, it is a separate bookable category. If you will be on a DRC/CRO reservation, I've read that it is request only but I don't know if that is accurate.

TeenaS---Glad you had a wonderful trip:goodvibes Ugh, laundry, back to the grind. Coming back from vacation is always such a bummer. Reality after a Disney vacation is depressing. At least you can liven up your daily life since you work with the mouse:wizard: See ya in April.

Welcome home Teena! It sounds like a wonderful trip! It's on my "Must Do" list for the future and I'm happy to hear a good report.
13 days until we arrive at YC for my conference. I am SO excited!!!

Amanda

:yay: Just joining the thread! Just booked our first trip to BC today. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and since we will be travelling with teenagers we thought BC was right in the middle of alot of things to keep them occupied.

I worry a little about some of the comments made that some beds at BC are doubles. There is no way we can do that! DH is not small at all. I did not read all of the posts here, but I hope that will not be a problem. We have a King bed at home and a queen will be pushing it! There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teen girls).

I am so excited and I am going to start working on our ADR's!!! :dance3:

:yay: Just joining the thread! Just booked our first trip to BC today. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and since we will be travelling with teenagers we thought BC was right in the middle of alot of things to keep them occupied.

I worry a little about some of the comments made that some beds at BC are doubles. There is no way we can do that! DH is not small at all. I did not read all of the posts here, but I hope that will not be a problem. We have a King bed at home and a queen will be pushing it! There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teen girls).

I am so excited and I am going to start working on our ADR's!!! :dance3:

The double beds are GONE!!!

TeenaS~

Thanks so much! That was a big concern for me, but I am glad they have fixed that problem :)

I just started researching yesterday and had to make a quick decision on the resort due to the discounts that end today. I will be taking the time to read this entire thread, but I don't think I can get it done today.

Thanks again!:banana:

TeenaS~

Thanks so much! That was a big concern for me, but I am glad they have fixed that problem :)

I just started researching yesterday and had to make a quick decision on the resort due to the discounts that end today. I will be taking the time to read this entire thread, but I don't think I can get it done today.

Thanks again!:banana:

No problem. Let us know if you have any questions after you get done reading. You might want to request a daybed too.

Welcome back Teena.

I loved our cruise on the Magic and love the Golden Mickey Show. Sorry to hear it is gone.

Hope to see you in the August when we are at BCV.

Denise in MI

Welcome back Teena.

I loved our cruise on the Magic and love the Golden Mickey Show. Sorry to hear it is gone.

Hope to see you in the August when we are at BCV.

Denise in MI

One of the crew members on the Magic said the Golden Mickeys was going to be on the Dream. I hope that's true.

I hope to see you in August too. I'll be spending the end of August helping my daughter. Not sure of the exact dates yet though.

Hi Teena- I'm glad your back and that you had a good time- I have a few questions for you- I met you when I was at the BCV in January- but with all the people that you meet I know that you can't remember everyone

When you are on this website are you at home or at work?

Are you in the lobby all day greeting people when you are at work or do you something else at the BC?

Hi Teena- I'm glad your back and that you had a good time- I have a few questions for you- I met you when I was at the BCV in January- but with all the people that you meet I know that you can't remember everyone

When you are on this website are you at home or at work?

Are you in the lobby all day greeting people when you are at work or do you something else at the BC?

I'm at home when I'm on the website and I only answer questions on Disboards as a disboarder and not as a Disney cast member ... just like so many of the disboarders that know alot about our resort ... we try to help answer questions for people about the resort we love. I do not represent Disney at all as far as my answers or comments here on the board ... everything I write is just my opinion and not an opinion of the Walt Disney Company.

When I'm at the Beach Club I'm in the lobby all day answering questions, greeting people, etc. - that's my job now. I started in merchandise (for six weeks) at Mousegears and then came to the Y&B as a front desk and concierge. I've been a disboarder for years and years, long before I retired and moved to Florida (6 years ago). And just this week, I met so many nice disboarders on the cruise too ... what a nice community we have!!

It sounds like you were a Disney fan before you started working there!!!

I know that you like the Beach Club, since you work there, but is the BC your favorite resort to stay in? How about before you worked at Disney?

We are from Connecticut and are annual passholders, we have been going to Disney twice a year for the past 10 years. The Yacht and Beach Club are our favorite resorts (and we've stayed in them ALL)!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter