The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Please take note that must be able to swim in 4 ft of water without the use of a flotation device. Also, adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide

I saw this quote on the first page but not sure what's it's referencing (all the photos on page one have been deleted). Does anyone know what this is pertaining to?

Quick question about check in.....we are staying at the BCV. Do they have their own check in desk over there, or do we check in at the BC lobby?

Thanks! I'm getting so excited, 7 weeks left!

I know at BWI there are two seperate checkins. Like they are sort of connected but the one end was DVC....

yes both in BWI lobby. Kind of like a Long L with the long part being BWI check in and the shorter section being BWV. All one big lobby however two different archways to go to your room - BWV one one, BWI another way but all share the same lobby.

yes both in BWI lobby. Kind of like a Long L with the long part being BWI check in and the shorter section being BWV. All one big lobby however two different archways to go to your room - BWV one one, BWI another way but all share the same lobby.

ahh ok, good to know. Wonder if BC is the same, hopefully someone on here will know. Oh Teena? :worship: haha the BC goddess

Quick question about check in.....we are staying at the BCV. Do they have their own check in desk over there, or do we check in at the BC lobby?

Thanks! I'm getting so excited, 7 weeks left!

Check in for the villas is in the BC lobby.

Have fun!!!! :cool1:

Well I did it today, I upgraded our Aug28-Sept6 hotel from POR to BC, I'm so excited now and know that I will love the room even more since the upgrade! I used a 40% off code.

Yes, you check in for the BCV at the BC ... same line, same desk area, etc.

Yes, there are mini refrigerators in every room at the BC and YC.

I went thru the gazillion pics on allearsnet.com and this will sound insane to you - really it will - but I cannot get past the wallpaper in the YC rooms. I just can't. And I don't like the bedframes. There I confessed it! my major hangups with YC. Yet BC rooms look like my bedrooms at home - so it speaks to me more...BC it is.

None of the YC room pictures on allears.net are of the rehabbed rooms. they are all the old style. I'm pretty sure that wallpaper no longer exists, though the headboards are the same I believe.

I had to hunt down the rehabbed YC pictures... after seeing them it helped me to decide on the YC over the BC. I liked the new YC rooms much better than the BC from the bedspreads to the curtains.

I know the old pics are on mousesavers but it helped me remember the wallpaper which I verified iwth IPO is still there....That along with stories of the Sherman WIllisma conventioners did me in!:)

I know the old pics are on mousesavers but it helped me remember the wallpaper which I verified iwth IPO is still there....That along with stories of the Sherman WIllisma conventioners did me in!:)

There are new pictures of the YC rooms on the resort photos threads.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363144
As far as Sherwin Williams, I saw the posts about problems and got info from IPO. I think that the CL staff was taken aback by what happened and will be better able to handle that in the future. I wouldn't let that keep me from booking what I want. You could have crying and screaming kids outside your door at BC CL. Before any flames are thrown, I do have kids, too. My point is that it comes down to who else is there at the time you are there. You could have bad experiences at either place. You have to choose by what resort you want to stay at based on surrounds and not on what screaming kids or drunk men you may or may not encounter, and remember that these could be reversed with screaming kids at YC and drunk men at BC!:lmao: Personally speaking, I like the redo at YC. To me, it is the right mix of light and dark. I also don't like lots of crowds:confused3, so the lobby at the BC with Cape May would not be relaxing to me. Yes, I do know that there are crowds at WDW, but I am going at a less crowded time of the year. Good luck with your trip!

I agree Canyon Girl. You could make a case to justify staying at YC about all those 'wild' children :yay:in the BC lobby waiting to get in a character breakfast. Having to say excuse me, excuse me, excuse....just to get through the lobby. BTW I'm returning to BC in July after our first visit in January.

I think some people will find things 'wrong' with other resorts to justify where they are staying. What may be wrong for one person is the exact thing that draws others. We stayed at the Poly CL last year and had some wild families staying around us. (I won't go into the lizard baseball game I saw:scared1:.)I think I would like to stay at all of them!:thumbsup2 We have stayed POP to POLY and We're just on a BC kick right now and will ride it till our taste change.

Just wanted to share that I changed my family's resort for our May trip from Contemporary to Beach Club! :banana:

I just could never get myself excited about staying at the Contemporary. But I am super-excited to stay at Beach Club. We stayed at YC during NYE this past December, and loved the location. :)

I agree Canyon Girl. You could make a case to justify staying at YC about all those 'wild' children :yay:in the BC lobby waiting to get in a character breakfast. Having to say excuse me, excuse me, excuse....just to get through the lobby. BTW I'm returning to BC in July after our first visit in January.

I think some people will find things 'wrong' with other resorts to justify where they are staying. What may be wrong for one person is the exact thing that draws others. We stayed at the Poly CL last year and had some wild families staying around us. (I won't go into the lizard baseball game I saw:scared1:.)I think I would like to stay at all of them!:thumbsup2 We have stayed POP to POLY and We're just on a BC kick right now and will ride it till our taste change.

What I was trying to say is that no resort is going to be perfect. Personally, I like a quiet retreat, so a lobby full of people waiting (who cares what age or hotel) is not what I am looking for in a vacation. There was a raucous convention not long ago at YC CL that the PP was referring to, and I was trying to point out that what ever problem may occur comes down to the specific people that are at your resort at the same time you are there. I once stayed at GCH in DLR. Every morning some parent allowed the kids to run and scream in the hall at an early time in the morning. This type of thing has been debated here before, and I am not trying to reopen this debate; I am trying to say that you can not predict problems. I personally am happy to be staying at one of the Epcot resorts for this trip. I just happened to like the atmosphere of the YC better than the BC. Hint: You have to go with a positive outlook that things will be GREAT! It is WDW, afterall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter