The 12 days of... the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan! 11/16 Update ...Complete!

minnie.gif
Day 12: Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe

The last day of our vacation we weren’t visiting any of the parks. Sadly, our annual pass had expired the night before and we had no immediate plans to renew them. With the baby on the way, we weren’t sure when we’d make it back to WDW. We were pretty tired from staying at the MK until two in the morning the night before and getting up to pack in the morning. We checked out of the hotel and stored our luggage and went to catch a bus to the MK. From there we got on the boat and were on our way to the Grand Floridian. We checked in for our ADR and were seated quickly.

I ordered a tropical splash to drink (surprising blend of strawberries & orange juice). I remember thinking that this was a very refreshing twist on regular orange juice and that I should try making this at home. Alas, it's been three months and I have yet to try it. Go figure guess I've been busy with other stuff. :lmao:

IMG_4650.jpg

For my entrée I ordered the Maple-Vanilla French Toast (Challah Bread dipped in Maple and Vanilla flavored Batter with Bacon). Once our food had been brought out I tried to order a chocolate milk but it took me a while to flag down our server who had not been back to check on us since taking our order. (She was not the person who brought us our food.)

IMG_4651.jpg

DH also enjoyed a tropical splash along with a cup of coffee. For his entrée he ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet (served with Breakfast Potatoes). His biggest complaint was that because our server was so absent he didn’t get enough coffee. :rolleyes:

_MG_6323.jpg

During our meal I had the chance to take some pictures of the beautiful chocolate Easter eggs that were on display for decoration. And after we finished eating we took a moment to sit on one of the sofas in the lobby of the GF and enjoyed the sights and sounds and smells before heading to DTD.

The Ratings:
Food
mickey.gif
3_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3.5_Mickeys.png

Summary: While our food was fine, it was nothing spectacular or unique to this restaurant.

Decor
mickey.gif
2_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: Large open dining room with lots of windows. However, the tables were crowded together and DH noted that the restaurant tried to pass itself off as being more high end than it really was.

Service
mickey.gif
1.5_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
2_Mickeys.png

Summary: In a word, awful, she was the worst we’d had during our whole vacation. She was more interested in busing an empty table than taking care of her guests.

Cost
$42.73 (1 credit per person)

Overall
mickey.gif
2_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: We’re glad we tried this place, but in the future we’ll stick to Kona for a delicious non-buffet breakfast.

On Deck: Day 12: Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Cafe

minnie.gif
Day 12: Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Ahh, here we are at the end of our amazing journey! Our annual passes expired at midnight the night before so we decided to stay out of the parks on our last day. We spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney and did some serious damage at the World of Disney store and figured out how to spend the last of our snack credits. Before we knew it it was time for our lunch, our final meal of an amazing twelve day journey.

We checked in at the hostess stand and found out that our ADR wasn’t really necessary, the place was almost empty. We still waited a few minutes before being sat at a table near the window overlooking the water. Our server checked in with us and we ordered our drinks, we were so thirsty by this point from all the walking around DTD. I believe we both ordered soda to drink.

For my appetizer I ordered the Asian Style Vegetable Spring Rolls (plum and Japanese mustard dipping sauces). They were hot and delicious but nothing spectacular or unique.

IMG_4678.jpg

DH ordered the Artichoke and Five Cheese Dip (California artichokes with mascarpone, fontina with crispy flat bread). We shared both appetizers and they were both very yummy.

_MG_6375.jpg

For my entrée I ordered the BBQ Chicken Pizza (with roma tomatoes and onions). I think that after days of eating and a late night in the park I was just tired and didn’t feel like being too adventurous. The pizza was really good, again, nothing too amazing but it hit the spot and filled me up for the afternoon.

IMG_4681.jpg

DH ordered the Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Truffle Butter (a 10 oz flat iron steak with wild mushroom hash, truffle butter and crisp onion straws). He really enjoyed his meal and felt that it was a huge portion for lunch. :thumbsup2

_MG_6379.jpg

Because we were so full and exhausted at the end of the meal we opted to take our desserts to go. Our server was really nice about packing them up and sending us off with the proper utensils so we could enjoy our desserts later.

I ordered the carrot cake, it was delicious, even after a long walk back to the marketplace side and a boat ride to POFQ. We sat down in the food court and I enjoyed my cake with a tall glass of ice water. I love a good carrot cake with cream cheese icing. :lovestruc

IMG_4684.jpg

DH ordered the crème brulee cheesecake, and while his didn’t travel as well as mine, the taste was still there and he really enjoyed it. (I am thinking that we took these pictures before we left the restaurant, because they were not this pretty when we opened them again at POFQ...but they were still yummy!)

_MG_6381.jpg

The Ratings:
Food
mickey.gif
3.5_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: We both enjoyed our meals, they weren’t the best of the trip, but were great for a DTD table service. We had plenty to eat and were full all the way to the airport!

Decor
mickey.gif
2.5_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: The wall of windows with the view of the water was nice, the rest of the restaurant was very colorful and there were pictures of the chef himself everywhere.

Service
mickey.gif
3_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: Our server was great, very thorough and offered to pack up our desserts for us. The only downside was that we were so thirsty we went through our drinks quickly and he difficulty keeping up with refills, especially when he was sat with a large party mid way through our meal.

Cost
$91.34 (1 credit per person)

Overall
mickey.gif
3_Mickeys.png

minnie.gif
3_Mickeys.png

Summary: A nice end to a wonderful vacation. While the food wasn’t anything that we couldn’t find at home if we looked, it was prepared well and there was lots of it!

When we set out to write this dining review I never anticipated that it would take us seven months to finish! All of the reviews were actually written before the baby was born in August. We were just left with the task of going back and adding all the fabulous pictures. :surfweb: Thank you all for being so patient with us and for sticking around to see how the great adventure ended.

Our DS is now three months old and I am continually amazed at how fast he's growing and how much fun it is to be a mom. We also purchased our first house last month so we have been trying to balance moving, getting settled and adjusting to life with an infant. :scared1: There's never a dull moment in our house.

Some great news is that we have decided to return to WDW much sooner than we had planned. Turns out we just can't stay away from our happy place. :goodvibes We can't wait to introduce DS to our good friend Mickey Mouse. His nursery has Mickey all over it and he has a huge stuffed Mickey, so he's familiar with the big cheese. It will be a whole new adventure to travel with him, he'll be close to six months when we go, but we're so excited! :yay:

Thanks again everyone for following us along on our Deluxe Dining journey, it was very yummy! :mickeyjum

thanks for your wonderful food journey.

Good luck with DS and watching him grow and change right before your eyes.

Thanks for the great review!
Just found it today and have been reading through it.
MyTA's daughter works at Le Cellier!!!! We're from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada!!

I can't wait to go there. We have an ADR for late lunch of NYE!!
We also have an ADR for Rose and Crown Pub for NYE at 10 pm hoping to get onto the patio for the fireworks and it is my DH's birthday on Jan 1st so I'v already ordered a cake to be delivered then too!!!

Thanks again!!

Debbie :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter