That lemon is bigger than your HEAD! ..and other food anomalies my first DDP Review!

Day 3 January 6th

We slept in a little this morning and had some breakfast in the room. We made it to AK about 30 minutes after RD, and were psyched to start our day.

After a full morning of touring I wanted one thing and one thing only for lunch
FLAME TREE! I remembered this as one of my favorite meals of our last trip, and was so psyched to go back. I love chicken, especially rotisierrie chicken, and we get it a lot at home, and every time I think " good BUT not Flame Tree good". There is something about that smokey crispy skin that just gets to me.

DH on the other hand had different ideas, and was intoxicated by the smells of Yak and Yeti CS. After a few minutes of discussion we chose Flame Tree, due to the inconsistent reviews of Y&Y CS on the dis, but I promised DH he could get a snack there later on if he wanted.

ry%3D400

After NO line to order our food, we both got the chicken with baked beans and coleslaw. DH got a chocolate moose for dessert and I got the key lime moose.

The chicken was a smaller portion than I had remembered, but it was still perfect and delicious. The skin was crispy, and the meat was juicy, and although the portion was smaller than I remembered, it was still too much for me, and DH ended up finishing it off for me

DH and I both enjoyed the beans, and although they had a skin over the top, we are from Boston, where that just means your Mom has been cooking them all day on the stove LOL! :laughing: They had a really good molasses flavor, were very hot. The coleslaw was good and crunchy and light.

ry%3D400

DH really enjoyed the chicken too as you can see!

For beverages I had a hot cocoa ( average, but it was chilly so it hit the spot) and Dh had a water.

I ordered the key lime moose as kind of an experiment. I had heard so many gross things about it on the DIS, that I kind of had to confirm for myself.

Uhm DH and I ended up fighting over it.... that is how much we liked it. The key lime goo was so TART and the creme was so rich, so when you mixed the whole thing together it was REALLY YUMMY! You do have to mix it together though other wise I could see how it could be wierd having the goo, then the creme,and then having all that graham cracker crust just dry at the bottom of the cup. We also both sampled the Chocolate Moose, and ended up tossing it. It was just average, and there was something crispy inside that we were not expecting at all.

This remains a CS favorite. The atmosphere is so relaxing and the birds are so funny ( this one duck was sitting at my feet the whole meal, just staring at me and wagging her little duck tail, just like my dog Mayzie at home, when I got up she even followed me out. At that point I looked at DH said " Mayzie go lay down". We talked about Mayzie the duck for the rest of the trip" :laughing: We used 2 CS credits.

After lunch we hit FOTLK, and then we were both getting tired and cranky. We went back to POR, and took a nap and browsed Fulton's General Store.

ry%3D400

I always love to take pictures of candy, It is so pretty.

Anyways we had an ADR at Tusker house at 7:35pm, and were planning on heading back to AK by 5pm to do EMHs at AK and then head to our ADR.

So we were waiting for the bus at POR, and DH was looking glum. I asked him what was up, and he said " We haven't even been to Epcot yet" Epcot is his favorite park, and honestly I was craving some fireworks... I was contemplating canceling our ADR when... the bus to Epcot pulled up. I took it as a sign, and grabbed DH's hand and jumped on the bus. DH was stunned and confused. He said " Aren't you mad about having to cancel your ADR?" He knew I had planned so much for the trip, but if there is one thing I learned on the dis, it is when the plan isn't making you happy DITCH IT! :cool1:

So I whipped on my cell phone with Disney Dining programed in and canceled our Tusker House ADR on the bus to Epcot ( I hope this made a family without ADRs get a little pixie dust). Anyways after hitting a few of our Epcot favorites we were getting a little hungry. So we went over to Sunshine Seasons. I haven't eaten here in a really long time ( maybe not since it was called something else in the 90s??) But I read lots of good things about it on the Dis so we were excited to give it a try.

ry%3D400

this is DH's plate. He ordered a Turkey Sandwich on Foccacia Bread. It came with what looked like german potato salad, for his beverage he got a vitamin water, and for dessert he got a fruit tulip.

I ordered the roasted veggie flat bread which came with german potato salad and I got a diet coke, and a strawberry shortcake for dessert.

view.sfly

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DH said this was the most disappointing meal of the trip. He didn't like the potato salad ( he is a mayo all the way guy), he said his sandwich was just OK, and he didn't like the fruit on his fruit tulip (I gave him the side eye when he chose it because I knew he wouldn't like it, he thought the mango ( which he hates) was peach( which he loves). He ended up eating most of my shortcake.

I liked my sandwich,and it was good to get some veggies in me. It had eggplant, summer squash, roasted red peppers, and feta on it. It did have olives on it, which I didn't read on the description ( maybe I missed it :confused3) DH and I HATE olives so I picked them off.It really wasn't a big deal. I thought the potato salad was OK, but I like trying different versions of cold salads like this, and I liked the few bites of my strawberry shortcake I got. It is not really a strawberry shortcake, but a cake with strawberries between the layers and whipped cream frosting. Not a big deal to me, but I know for some people (like my Mom) this is a HUGE distinction. DH's fruit tulip was okay, just the crust was a little bit cardboardy for my tastes.

Most likely I will be returning to Sunshine Seasons in May, when my Mom and I go for our girls trip, because this is a place I can see my mom loving
(besides the strawberry shortcake). It was 2 CS plus a snack credit for the Potato Chips.

We hit Club Cool on our way out of dinner, this is always a fave. Anyways we had to take pics of our " Beverly Faces":scared1:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We grabbed great spots for Illuminations, and DH got us Chips and Beer and Cocoa from Yorkshire Fish Shoppe to keep warm with.

ry%3D400

He paid for the beer and cocoa OOP, and I think he used a Snack Credit on the Chips, honestly I didn't ask:confused:

Anyways that brings us to then end of day 3. I am so glad we ditched our plans. It was great to just be spontaneous, and I told DH we were Disney Rebels pirate::laughing:

thanks for a wonderful update. We are trying Ohana on our next trip and we got the first sitting so hoping not a much wait. I have to try the Pina Colada

Hi! If I had been thinking I would have checked in 20 minutes early, but we got so wrapped up in the " Magic" ( we went back to MK before heading to Ohana) that I forgot. I think if you check in early and expect a moderate ( 15-20 minute) wait you will be fine.

Wow--Ya'll look sooo cold!

I love the make your own pasta at POR--it's one of the best things in that food court! I can't wait to try a Lapu Lapu in June!

ry%3D400

DH really enjoyed the chicken too as you can see!

We hit Club Cool on our way out of dinner, this is always a fave. Anyways we had to take pics of our " Beverly Faces":scared1:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I love these photos! :rotfl:

Your DH looks like what I imagine the lions and tigers to look like at feeding time. :laughing:

excellent report so far. We're leaving for POR in two weeks and dining at some of the same places. Looking forward to the next install. We are hoping for warmer weather though.

I am really loving your posts! We were in Disney at the same time and we also ate at Ohana and the sunshine CS. Thanks for the great read!

Day Four January 7th

My apologies for being such a dining review slacker. I just joined the gym, and have been working off all those":rotfl: Disney Dining Pounds":rotfl:

anyways... on to day Four.

Our original plan for Day Four was Epcot all day and F! at night. However after our last minute trip to Epcot the night before we felt like hitting DHS for RD and getting a ride on TSM was in order before our 12:45 lunch ADR at San Angel Inn.

DH and I used some snack credits to grab breakfast and filled up our mugs at POR.

I got a cinnamon bun

ry%3D400

DH got a blueberry muffin
ry%3D400

We both liked our choices as they were both moist and fresh. Dh commented that the blueberries in his muffin tasted " real" and not dried or frozen. I think we used snack credits here.

After a spin on TSM, and grabbing some FPs for later were both hungry. DH stopped at Starring Rolls and grabbed a bagel with cream cheese :scared1:. Now this I don't understand, how could you grab a plain bagel when there are so many other yummy snacks! Anyways he said it was just that a plain regular bagel, not good, or bad just " bagely".

I went off in search of the cinnamon roasted pecans I had smelled our first night. However it was barely 11am, and I was informed by the Churro cart CM that the nut cart doesn't open until 12pm. So I got a Churro. It was cold and kind of icky, not at all like the yummy churro I got a Cantina de San Angel last trip, more like the churros they sell at BJs. I am almost positive we paid OOP for these snacks.

I forgot to take pics of these snacks. :headache:

Anyways we left DHS around 11:45, and took a leisurely boat ride over to Epcot for our 12:45pm lunch ADR at San Angel Inn. I was nervous about this one. DH has always wanted to eat here, and after reading all the negative reviews I was SURE we would be unhappy with the meal.

Well I was WRONG! and happily so!

We made it to San Angel just in time for our ADR and were seated right away, in the second row of tables away from the water. Our server was polite, though very quiet, and the atmosphere was romantic and beautiful.

The chips and salsa were fresh, not bagged or jarred, and we ate quite a few before our entrees came.

ry%3D400

I ordered the chicken enchiladas. They were delish, with a smokey pulled chicken filling fresh cheese topping and a slightly spicy green tomatilla sauce. The rice and black beans that came with were also quite good. My only complaint was that my meal could have been a little warmer. It wasn't cold, it just wasn't piping hot either.

ry%3D400

DH ordered a strip steak that came with some sort of tortilla and fresh cheese side dish ( good) and blackbeans. He enjoyed the steak, and said the seasonings on it were very good.
ry%3D400

For dessert I had the white chocolate, and golden raisin bread pudding. I am a big fan of bread pudding so this was great. The caramel sauce was lick the plate good.

DH had the flan. He said it was good, but that my dessert was much better!
ry%3D400

All said and done this was a good lunch, and we will be dining here in the future. It was well worth 2 TS credits.

The rest of the day was spent at Epcot, and then F! That night. We each had an Mickey Bar ( Mickey's Premium for me, Mickey cookie sandwich for DH) before F!
Needless to say by the time we got back to POR that night we were famished. We hit the food court and it was one of the few times when it was crowded during our trip. DH got a bacon cheeseburger.He said it was good, and basic. I wasn't feeling much like eating even though I was hungry :confused3 so I got a kids meal
ry%3D400

OMG yucky! The Nuggets were like cardboard. I did like the grapes however, and that I could fill my mug and use my little milk for breakfast cereal the next morning. I paid OOP for this and I think it was like 4.50. I honestly have no idea how we paid for DH's burger?? I was pretty beat at this point LOL!

Hi prttynpnk,

Yup it was chilly although I have lived North of Boston my whole life, so it wasn't too too bad, DH actually preferred this to the super sweaty weather we had ( 90 plus degrees with 90 percent humidity) on our last trip in September 08.

Day 5 January 8th Part 1

We had a relaxing morning on day 5 and ate breakfast in the room, and headed for MK a little later. We spent the morning in Adventure land, and we hit Aloha Isle for my first ever Dole Whip. I am sad to say I think I got a BAD one! All the Dining Reviews here on the Dis boards said that it was going to be very very sweet, which I LOVE : so I got a pineapple whip in pineapple juice float. It wasn't sweet at all, but very bitter, and almost sour tasting:scared1:I threw half of it away. Dh got a root beer float, and said that his vanilla whip was very icy and had almost no flavor. Maybe Aloha Isle was having a bad day, I will give them another chance in the future because pineapple is one of my favorite flavors:confused3 2 Snack Credits

I didn't manage to get a picture of these before I tossed them:laughing:

Anyways we hopped over to Epcot for lunch, and the skies just opened up. Now it was cold and rainy and miserable. The Land was FULL of people eating at Sunshine Seasons, and any other CS with indoor seating was full, we ran through the rain over to Morocco ( and I have to say I was very very cranky this whole time :headache: my first Disney meltdown of the trip!!) We were able to find two seats at the counter area, which we were thankful for!

ry%3D400

DH had the meatballs and rice, he said it was a great meal, and he only wishes it was an All You Care to Enjoy. :rotfl:He said it combined his favorite foods, meatballs, rice, and peas, and he also liked that the spices were a little different.

ry%3D400

I ordered the falafel sandwich with lentil salad and cous cous. The sandwich was good with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and tzatziki. The cous cous was very dry, but when mixed with the lentil salad it was perfect.

The only dessert offering on the dining plan is baklava! Luckily DH and I are both baklava fans

I only have a VERY unflattering picture of me eating the baklava, so you will have to use your imagination :rotfl:. Anyways it was flaky and full of honey and nut flavor. Just perfect baklava. I just wish it had been a slightly larger portion.... cause I love baklava that much! Two CS Credits well used!

Anyways the rain was still going, and DH had a brilliant idea to see if we could get on a Behind the Seeds tour at the Land before our 5:35pm Lecellier ADR. We got to the Land right at 2:45, and a tour was leaving at 3:15. There was still plenty of room on it, and DH and I signed up and paid with our Disney Visa to get the discount.
:woohoo:

We had a nice one hour walking tour of the green houses at The Land, with a very knowledgeable tour guide. It was also his last tour on his last day of his internship, so it was very bittersweet for him, and he told us lots of cool stories. We learned more about the hydroponic growing systems, and got to see different kinds of hydroponic systems up close. We also got to release lady bugs into the tomato tree, and learned lots of cool facts about the animals they keep at the land including the gators and the eels.

ry%3D480

brussel sprouts in the hydroponic room

ry%3D400

lettuce

ry%3D400

hanging pumpkin plants

ry%3D400

and the all important picture of me holding THE LEMON BIGGER THAN MY HEAD!!!! This lemon weighed 10lbs and smelled terrific. Our tour guide said that it would not be good to make lemonaide with, because the taste of it would be off.

I liked this tour, and I thought it would be boring initially ( I don't garden at all) DH really wanted to do it, and I am glad we did, I learned some cool facts, our tour guide was very engaging, and we got away from the crowds of people in the Land during the rain storm, and out of the rain. I give this tour a thumbs up if you can catch it during a rainstorm in Epcot. I believe it was 25.00 for the two of us with our Disney Visa Discount.

By the time the tour was over the rain was gone, and it was almost time for Lecellier. I spent the next hour searching for hair clips, and fixing my hair in the bathroom so I didn't look like a drowned rat with hat head at dinner.

We checked into Le Cellier about 10 minutes early and the hostess was very engaging and joked with DH about the proper usage of "eh". I was certain we would wait about an hour to eat as I had heard that is often an issue with Le Cellier. We were seated in about 20 minutes, and I was pleasantly suprised.

The seats were not at all as crowded as I feared, and I really liked the cozy atmosphere ( not as cellar like as I had feared) Our server was knowlegable and swift.

The famous Le Cellier Bread Basket was first
ry%3D400

All three breads were very good, and of course the pretzel bread was the best.:lovestruc DH and I also enjoyed the story of the three types of bread.
DH and I asked for a refill of the pretzel bread that was never brought to the table. I let it go as I was very full at that point, but it was still a little disappointing. :confused3

I ordered the three course meal, with Cheddar Cheese Soup and King Salmon Three Ways. I also ordered a side of Mac and Cheese for DH and I to share.

ry%3D400

DH and I split this, and it was good, but not GREAT. The flavor was interesting and it was a good dipping vehicle for the bread. It was also a much bigger portion than I expected. I was expecting a little teeny cup:laughing:

ry%3D400

King Salmon two ways. This was one of the best salmon dishes I have ever eaten. EVER! I love salmon and order it often, but this beats them all, the salmon was so fresh and creamy in texture, and the sauces perfectly compliment the fish. I tried the rice in the fried shell on the side, but I was too full to really give it much effort. I actually was unable to finish this which is a shame although DH who HATES salmon finished it and said it was to die for and he would actually order it for himself.

The reason I was too full was this
ry%3D400

The most amazing mac and cheese ever. Crusty top, bubbly middle, sharp cheesy flavor OMG YUM. DH and I were supposed to be sharing this, but he said he really didn't like this BLASPHEMY! It was so so so good! Oh well different strokes I guess :confused3 I just wish I had some right now:cloud9:

ry%3D400

DH ordered the NY Strip steak as he new the ounces on the Fillet would not be enough for him. He said the steak was perfect and tender, and that he enjoyed every bite. He also said that my salmon was one of the best dishes he had on the trip.

I also ordered a glass of sangria as well. I don't really know why I ordered Sangria at a Canadian restaurant, but I was craving it for some reason. It was a decent sangria, but nothing special.

ry%3D400

Now we were about to get dessert, when DH and I realized we were just too too full to handle anything else. The waitress offered to pack something up for us to take with us, but we were staying at the park for EMHs, and didn't want to carry it around. We left without dessert and waddled out of Le Cellier stuffed to the gills and very very happy. It was two TS credits and I think 30.00 for a beer, a sangria, mac and cheese and the tip.
ry%3D400

Day 5 January 8th Part 2

We were planning to spend our EMH night doing a little drinking around the World Showcase. This particular pursuit cause me to fall asleep on Spaceship Earth on the last ride of the night :rolleyes1:rotfl: anyways...... we started our journey at La Cava Tequilla

ry%3D400

this place is so cozy and cute, however it closes an hour into EMHs and it gets crowded, so I suggest visiting early.

I ordered the Classica.
ry%3D400

which is the smaller drink in front. At first I was really disappointed that it was so small, and then I saw this
ry%3D400

this little carafe refilled that glass twice! YAY! :banana:

DH ordered this bad boy
ry%3D400

It was yummy, but we totally can't remember the name! If anyone one knows what this margarita is called, please post and help jog our tequila logged brains! :laughing:

Anyways we were too full to try the snacks, and we were happy to just sip our drinks and soak in the atmosphere.
view.sfly

That is the result of me and a margarita folks!

ry%3D400

a cool pic of my awesome chair in " the ditch"

Frida :love:

ry%3D400

our two drinks came to 25.00 which was perfect because that was the amount on the Disney gift card my sweet friend Dave gave me for XMAS! Cheers Dave !

After wandering the deserted WS for a while ( there were maybe 50 other people out braving the cold that night) we made our way over to Germany where I took pics of the awesome looking baked goods I was still too stuffed to manage
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then on to Italy where I discovered the dessert of my dreams. A glass of Rosa Regale, and a few chocolates.
ry%3D400

Yup this was bliss :lovestruc

also DH had several beers, I believe one in Germany and one in Morocco. I told him I would let him enjoy them without pestering him for pictures. :laughing:

At some point in the evening we got this brownie. I have NO CLUE where or when, but I think maybe on the way back to the room at the bakery at POR??

Anyways we shared it and it was good and very fudgy!

ry%3D400

So another yummy day and a slightly tipsy night at WDW....

Day 6th January 9th

We had ADRs for dinner at Raglan Rd this night, however when we woke up we were super tired and the weather was the pits, sleeting off an on ( all the native Floridians were SWEARING it was SNOW:rotfl: I didn't want to burst there bubble:rotfl:) and just blech! Also we really wanted to see Spectro and this was our last chance of the trip. We woke up late by Disney standards, and ate in the hotel room, we called to cancel our ADRs at Raglan Rd, and see what was available for lunch. We lucked out and Saana was available for a later lunch and since we were already getting a late start we jumped on it. We went over to AK since we were eating at the lodge and rode EE three times in under 30 minutes! It was sooo cold my teeth hurt after the first time, but well worth it, and I just kept my mouth shut the next two times.

Soon it was time for lunch at Saana. DH and looove Indian food, and that is the reason I didn't book this, we eat authentic Indian at home sort of often and I didn't want to eat subpar Indian on vacation

BOY WAS I WRONG:rotfl2:

The atmosphere here was homey and comfortable with a bar/lounge area to sit at while we waited for our table ( maybe a five or so minutes ) We were sat one row back from the window and the VIEW was incredible. All of the animals were eating lunch with us. It was amazing to watch and I will always be able to say I ate lunch with a giraffe!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were able to see the animals well, and our waitress was super nice, a native Floridian who was very well versed on the menu, and able to offer suggestions.

Both DH and I ordered Iced Tea to drink, and the only thing I don't love about this place is the paper straws. Same with AK, and I understand why they are there, I just hate the feeling of them all squishy in my mouth blech!

ry%3D400

We ordered the bread service for an app, and it came with three types of bread, and three dipping sauces of your choice, we chose Naan Onion Kulcha, and Paneer Partha, and for sauces we chose Green Mango Pickles, Red Pepper Hummus, and Red Chile Sambal. Our waitress brought me a free extra sauce after I told her how much I love Indian food, and it was my favorite of all the Tamarind Chutneypixiedust:. This was all great, the pickles were very sour, and the we enjoyed trying all the breads with all the sauces. The Naan comes buttered, with gee, which is not listed on the menu, but tasty At this point our waitress spilled a little of my drink on me. Not much at all really, and I wasn't upset in the least, but she chose to remove the appetizer from our bill because of it. I was shocked and told her she didn't have to do it, and she said that if I had been nasty about it she wouldn't have :rotfl:. Just goes to show you that a good attitude brings the magic to you. :wizard:

ry%3D400

For entrees DH and I both had the slow cooked with rice meals. I had the Chicken in Red Curry with the stewed lentils. It came with Basmati Rice which was perfect. The Chicken was fork tender, and the red curry was amazing perfect on a raw day. The lentils were good, although there was alot of them, and they were filling.
ry%3D400

DH had the short ribs, and chicken in red curry. He said the short ribs were decadent and the sauce they were cooked in had a great cinnamon flavor.

For dessert DH had the sampler. It had the Chai Creme, A Kulfi with a strawberry sauce, and a chocolate cake. Everything on this was good, and the Chai Creme was the standout, the chocolate cake was just plain chocolate cake no better or worse than any other in the World.

ry%3D400

I had the rice pudding with coconut and mango sauce. This was almost as good as the Chai Creme, and was very creamy and rich.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have to say this was my favorite all time meal at Disney. The flavors were both familiar and exotic, the service was excellent ( we tipped 25 percent after she took the appetizer off the bill so she wouldn't get screwed out of her tip because of it) and the view is out of this world. The restaurant itself is so cozy and warm and the decor is great. I especially loved this little lady outside the bathroom
ry%3D400

I had better keep quiet how much I love Saana or it will become the next Le Cellier!

After an amazing lunch we made our way over to MK to get ready for Spectro and Wishes. We took some pictures in the candy store first.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we got perfect curb seats in front of the Emporium.
ry%3D400

Uhm yeah it was THAT cold:cool1:

Anyways even though I look miserable things perked up for me once DH came back with these
ry%3D400

warm sticky buns and hot cocoa. Yup that was my dinner, super healthy right! Anyways it just hit the spot and made Wishes and Spectro so much more magical.
ry%3D400

see magical! :wizard:

After Wishes we went back to the hotel and I crashed out on the bed. At some point DH went off in search of a real dinner and got a Turkey dinner meal from POR counter service. He said it was one of the best CS he ever had. I was asleep so not only did I not get a picture, I didn't even get a taste!

Well thus concludes another magical day at the World, when DH came to bed he said to me " Wouldn't it be awesome to hit all 4 parks in one day and ride all the thrill rides? " :scared1: I think you can see where the next report will be taking you!

Day Four January 7th

My apologies for being such a dining review slacker. I just joined the gym, and have been working off all those":rotfl: Disney Dining Pounds":rotfl:

anyways... on to day Four.

Our original plan for Day Four was Epcot all day and F! at night. However after our last minute trip to Epcot the night before we felt like hitting DHS for RD and getting a ride on TSM was in order before our 12:45 lunch ADR at San Angel Inn.

DH and I used some snack credits to grab breakfast and filled up our mugs at POR.

I got a cinnamon bun

ry%3D400

DH got a blueberry muffin
ry%3D400

We both liked our choices as they were both moist and fresh. Dh commented that the blueberries in his muffin tasted " real" and not dried or frozen. I think we used snack credits here.

After a spin on TSM, and grabbing some FPs for later were both hungry. DH stopped at Starring Rolls and grabbed a bagel with cream cheese :scared1:. Now this I don't understand, how could you grab a plain bagel when there are so many other yummy snacks! Anyways he said it was just that a plain regular bagel, not good, or bad just " bagely".

I went off in search of the cinnamon roasted pecans I had smelled our first night. However it was barely 11am, and I was informed by the Churro cart CM that the nut cart doesn't open until 12pm. So I got a Churro. It was cold and kind of icky, not at all like the yummy churro I got a Cantina de San Angel last trip, more like the churros they sell at BJs. I am almost positive we paid OOP for these snacks.

I forgot to take pics of these snacks. :headache:

Anyways we left DHS around 11:45, and took a leisurely boat ride over to Epcot for our 12:45pm lunch ADR at San Angel Inn. I was nervous about this one. DH has always wanted to eat here, and after reading all the negative reviews I was SURE we would be unhappy with the meal.

Well I was WRONG! and happily so!

We made it to San Angel just in time for our ADR and were seated right away, in the second row of tables away from the water. Our server was polite, though very quiet, and the atmosphere was romantic and beautiful.

The chips and salsa were fresh, not bagged or jarred, and we ate quite a few before our entrees came.

ry%3D400

I ordered the chicken enchiladas. They were delish, with a smokey pulled chicken filling fresh cheese topping and a slightly spicy green tomatilla sauce. The rice and black beans that came with were also quite good. My only complaint was that my meal could have been a little warmer. It wasn't cold, it just wasn't piping hot either.

ry%3D400

DH ordered a strip steak that came with some sort of tortilla and fresh cheese side dish ( good) and blackbeans. He enjoyed the steak, and said the seasonings on it were very good.
ry%3D400

I am guessing that it was a cheese chille releno that accompanied the steak, as I often have that on vegetarian plates at authentic mexican places, in case you wanted to name what you ate!:thumbsup2

Oh I am so glad you reviewed Sanaa! I am dying to try it for 2 reasons.
#1 We love Indian food
#2 I want to check out the AK lodge.

I think this just made the list! THANKS!

Ahhhhh, two of my favorite things on earth in one dining review.....The Ditch and Rosa Regale!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter