Thanksgiving 2007!!!

For the dining rotation, you will find out what rotation you are in when you get to your room. Your tickets will have some type of rotation like, AP (animators palate),P (Parrot Cay), L (Luminere's). On our first cruise with a child we had the AP,P,L rotation. So unfortunatly you won't find out until you board. DCL states that they don't usually make the dining rotation until 2 weeks prior to the cruise. Hoped this helped.

All the character breakfast's will be held in Parrot Cay. That will also be printed on your tickets.

We did - it showed a good junk of DCL stuff as well as other cruise lines. I think there is a DCL only show this sunday night on the Travel Channel. I am trying to get my kids excited about the kids club now, so they won't be scarred of it when we get there, and won't be a new idea to them. I am really only worried about my DD5, as she doesn't like going to kindergarten much now, or pre-school the last 2 years. It takes here a little bit to warm up to things where she is not with her family. I downloaded some of the video clips of the DCL site that had the kids clubs and played it for them as well. They are getting the idea and seem to be looking forward to it.

FYI - We have heard they changed the character breakfasts this year to where the characters prance in the aisles, but they apparently no longer all come to each table. We may skip the breakfast this year depending on potential conflicts and b/c we like breakfast on the back of deck 9.

Also, when you board the boat, unless the weather is bad, the nicer location for the identical lunch is Topsiders outside rather than Parrot's Cay. Just ignore the people pointing you to Parrot's Cay and go upstairs. And if they try to say Topsiders is not open....well they fibbed to us last year on that one, but we went up and had lunch anyway as did quite a few other people.

Chuck:cool1:

Also, when you board the boat, unless the weather is bad, the nicer location for the identical lunch is Topsiders outside rather than Parrot's Cay. Just ignore the people pointing you to Parrot's Cay and go upstairs. And if they try to say Topsiders is not open....well they fibbed to us last year on that one, but we went up and had lunch anyway as did quite a few other people.

Chuck:cool1:

We actually prefer Topsider's to Parrot Cay. (I think it brings back memories of our first 2002 Disney cruise. We thought Topsider's was the only place to go for lunch.) So now it's a tradition for us.:)

Priiscilla

We did - it showed a good junk of DCL stuff as well as other cruise lines. I think there is a DCL only show this sunday night on the Travel Channel. I am trying to get my kids excited about the kids club now, so they won't be scarred of it when we get there, and won't be a new idea to them. I am really only worried about my DD5, as she doesn't like going to kindergarten much now, or pre-school the last 2 years. It takes here a little bit to warm up to things where she is not with her family. I downloaded some of the video clips of the DCL site that had the kids clubs and played it for them as well. They are getting the idea and seem to be looking forward to it.

When you check in at the port, there will be plenty of counselors there from the Oceeneer club. Let them know that your DD takes a bit of time to warm up to new things. The counselors are wonderful at paying special attention to children that may be a little timid or apprehensive. The most important thing is to allow the child to get comfortable at the club as early as possible. It really is a wonderful program for children!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

My DS's band was the "Marching Band of the Week" on one of our news channels! :cool1: Basically, it just means that more people from our school called in and voted. :teeth:

Here's a clip of our last song "Hey Pachuco". After viewing the clip a bunch of times, I finally spotted Logan. After the kid playing the bells yells "Hey Pachuco", count two measures (1234 2234) then you see three trumpet players in the front. On the third, fourth, and fifth measures, you can see Logan behind the shorter trumpet player in the middle. He's playing the mellophone, which looks like a trumpet but has a bigger bell on the end.

http://www.wpxi.com/hssports/13911932/detail.html Click on Seneca Valley.

We're the opposite when it comes to lunch on the first day. We prefer Parrot Cay.

My niece, 7, did not want any part of the kids clubs at first on our January cruise. I had her go in for one program while her family went to the Straw Market, and I wanted to go on the Art of the Theme ship tour. She was quite nervous when I dropped her off, but they instantly made her feel at ease, and she didn't want to be picked up when I came to get her an hour later! :)

My guess is my DD will love it, she just needs a few minutes to get going. My DS is just turning 8 in October, so for the first day I could have him stay with her, and then move him to the Lab after that (he is super outgoing so he would have no trouble jumping into things). The funny thing is that I really didn't think we would use the clubs at all, and figured that we would just stay together as a family and do things (like when we go to Dineyland or WDW). However, I read a lot here on the boards about the kids not wanting to leave the clubs etc., so I don't want them to miss out on any fun stuff. Since it is our first Disney cruise, we will just have to see how it goes and figure it out from there.

My guess is my DD will love it, she just needs a few minutes to get going. My DS is just turning 8 in October, so for the first day I could have him stay with her, and then move him to the Lab after that (he is super outgoing so he would have no trouble jumping into things). The funny thing is that I really didn't think we would use the clubs at all, and figured that we would just stay together as a family and do things (like when we go to Dineyland or WDW). However, I read a lot here on the boards about the kids not wanting to leave the clubs etc., so I don't want them to miss out on any fun stuff. Since it is our first Disney cruise, we will just have to see how it goes and figure it out from there.

Our DS will also be 8 in October!! :yay: This will be his 4th time on the Magic!! He has always loved the OC and is looking forward to the lab this year!!!!!:love:

Lisa

Our DS will also be 8 in October!! :yay: This will be his 4th time on the Magic!! He has always loved the OC and is looking forward to the lab this year!!!!!:love:

Lisa

What a coincidence - my son's birthday is the 19th - when is yours?

What a coincidence - my son's birthday is the 19th - when is yours?

Our son, Mason, will be turning 8 on October 15th. Wow...only 4 days apart!! :thumbsup2 Has your son told you what he wants to do for his birthday yet? Mason wants to host a sleepover party. I told him to think of some other ideas b/c I don't think that a house of 8 year old boys for the entire night sounds like a great idea (at least for mom and dad!!)

Lisa

My son hasn't said yet - but I am expecting a party of some sort - and of course the standard request for more video games. My older DS who is now 16, used to have birthday sleepovers - which is a funny name because they never actually slept - until the next day of course.

Ok folks tomorrow Priscilla turns the big 50!!!:lmao:so help me out on this one. She needs a big cyber spanking:thumbsup2 She is going to kill me for posting this but what the heck.

Rob

My son hasn't said yet - but I am expecting a party of some sort - and of course the standard request for more video games. My older DS who is now 16, used to have birthday sleepovers - which is a funny name because they never actually slept - until the next day of course.

That's what I'm afraid of!! :confused3

Lisa

Your son should be in good company, we have several other 8 year olds traveling on this cruise... My daughter and others I am sure will make him feel welcome. We thought our daughter would not go the clubs either and we would have a lot of family time, she went to clubs every night.

Wendy

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter