Texas to open 100%

I get my 2nd shot Friday. I'll keep wearing the mask as I've enjoyed not having assorted crud, and fewer allergy issues. To the poster who asked who can get the shot her, all first responders, medical workers, anyone 65+, anyone 16+ with a secondary condition. Asthma, other pulmonary, cardiac conditions, obese, chronic health concerns. You have to affirm you have one but we did not have to provide medical diagnosis.

I have had one dose of the vaccine and I have already had Covid, so I am probably safe. I still don’t think that this is a good idea. There are supposed to be a lot more vaccinations in the next 6 weeks. Why can’t we wait 6 more weeks. Maybe the governor just wants us to forget about our major power failure during a freeze?
:scratchin ::yes::

Hoping our governor stays the course here for us. I think he will.

:scratchin ::yes::

Hoping our governor stays the course here for us. I think he will.

Same here. My state, Virginia, did very well once restrictions were put in place. Cases/deaths went down and stayed pretty low. We spiked after the holidays, but seem very under control. Seem to be doing well, per capita, over Florida and Texas--or at least on the chart I'm looking at. We'd probably do even better if the weather wasn't so crappy here.

As I said upthread, it will be interesting to see how it goes, but I think their warm climate gives them more ability to do these things. It's also really tough to compare states who do have/don't have restrictions. State population and densities are all so varying. I think it's really hard for extremely dense/populace cities to ever do really well and some of the states who got hit hard early on last March because they were the entry sites to the virus, will never get their averages to trend down because that were walloped at the outset.

Just because the mandate is lifted doesn’t mean people don’t still have the choice to mask up or even double mask if you believe that helps.
It also doesn't mean that individual businesses don't still have the choice to have their own mask mandate as well. That usually ends up not so well for the retail employees who have to deal with the ones who refuse.

Please, no matter what your stand is on masks, etc, be kind to retail and front line workers who are doing their jobs. If a company has a mask requirement either follow it or go elsewhere. Let's not have some of the ugliness that happened last year when companies began implementing them before the government did. I imagine there will still be many businesses that have this policy nationwide.

Ok, so be it. Governors get to run their own states as they see fit and if the other half doesn't take issue.
In my state, the other half always wants to sue. It is curious, the timing, since just a few weeks ago, TX wasn't a place with any good news. Did the Gov have to do something?

Good Luck, Texans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter