Texas resident code-$49 value resorts

slimplaw

DIS Veteran
You must show proof of Texas residency for this price. Value resorts are shown at $49 per night for Aug. 25-Oct. 2, 2002. You must book by July 8, 2002. Length of stay restrictions apply to Fri and Sat arrivals and Sun 9-1-02 arrival. This was in the May 31 edition of the Dallas Morning News. The code is CQL.

I have also heard of people calling and giving the "state code" and claiming "discrimination" or something and sometimes they can get the same code even if they are not from that state? I have never done it but I would try the worst they can say is no.

Can I book 2 rooms for the same night, with the state code when only 1 person out of the whole group lives in that State?

What are the length of stay restrictions?? We have ressies for BCV on Sun 9/29- Fri 10-4 and since we're driving, there is a good chance we'll get there early and will need a room for Sat. night. (BCV is too expensive on the weekends with point rentals.) So we'll just need one night, possibly.

Thanks for the info! I am usually completely "up" on the codes but missed something just for us Texans.
I do not recall a TX code before. Whippppeeee!!!!

I emailed mousesavers about this code and apparently it was not supposed to come out until Sunday, the Dallas paper jumped the gun. Reservations can't be booked until June 2. No more information on length of stay restricitions, I just reported what was written in the ad. Mousesavers reported that they would check on Sun to determine what this meant for other level resorts as far as price.

Originally posted by adamak
Can I book 2 rooms for the same night, with the state code when only 1 person out of the whole group lives in that State?

The person who is booking the rooms, the person whose name the ressie will beunder, has to be from the state.

This is susy-using my nephew's computer.

When we checked into ASMo and CBR (Fl Resident discount), it was under my name and I checked in and paid with my credit card. I was the only one in my party that had to show ID.

It worked!! This morning I booked two rooms, one night only for Sept. 28th. Total is $110. (It should really have been $109.76, but Disney math is always off.) So we just added one more night to our BCV 5 nights.

And yes, Movies is not available...booked Music instead.

It's good to be from the Lone Star State!!

I just called to confirm what the rate is for Moderates. The ad only lists Values (at $49/nite before tax) but Moderates do apply. It's $88/nite including tax.

Mousesavers has all the rates listed for that time period with the state code. GF is the most expensive around $210 a night for a garden view. Correction to that, the most expensive was the Poly with a lagoon view at $214.

This deal was also in Sunday's Washington Post. For the metro area to include Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. Said proof of residency required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter