Teva Sizing

MinnieMe2

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how true sizes run in Tevas? Do they tend to run bigger? Smaller?

HELP!!!!

Thanks!

I think they run pretty true to size if you usually wear a whole size. If you usually wear a half-size, I'd go down a half-size (i.e. if you're a 7 1/2, get a 7)

I'm normally a 8 reg or 7 1/2 wide. I ordered a Teva size eight and was worried it'd be big since I'd heard they ran big. The eight fit EXCEPT it was not wide enough at the toe -BUMMER! The strap by the little toe rubbed badly. They seemed so great, but I had to return them. If you are ordering from www.zappos.com or another free shipping/free return shipping I'd recomend ordering two sizes and sending one back. Don't forget that many sites price match if you can find the exact same style, color and size for a cheaper price! www.rei.com and sierra trading post (can't remember url) have some good deals, but no free return shipping. Use their price to get a deal from zappos! GL!

Personally, I have worn a size 7 shoe for 20 years and when I ordered my TEVAs I ordered a pair of 7 and 8.....I really could not decide which fit better, I really needed a 7 1/2---kept the 7....but, if you are in a half size, I would definately size up.

I agree with sizing UP. I normally wear 8 1/2 so I ordered a 9. The 9 is just a little big on my foot, but the sandals adjust all over, so I can tighten them as I need to. I would rather they be a little big than a little small. I also have not worn them in "Disney Conditions" yet (you know...on hot concrete all day ;) ). I'm sure my feet will swell and I'll be glad for the room!!! :rotfl:

another vote for up. I just received my Tevas in the mail yesterday. I wear an 8 1/2 and I ordered a 9. They fit pretty well and am sure an 8 would have been too small.

Also, a few weeks ago I ordered a pair for my son. He wears a kids 13. I ordered him a 1 and they fit perfectly. So much so, that I don't think he will get a second summer out of them!

I have 4 pairs of TEVA sandals and always have to order UP. I normally wear an 8 or 8.5 but in TEVA I need a 9.

I was told that half sizes should order UP -- I am size 7 1/2 and my 8's fit great.

Well, I wonder if it depends on the style because I wear a 9, ordered a 9 and they are big. My past Teva's have been 8 1/2's and fit perfectly, but they discontinued their half sizes.

golfgal said:
Well, I wonder if it depends on the style because I wear a 9, ordered a 9 and they are big. My past Teva's have been 8 1/2's and fit perfectly, but they discontinued their half sizes.

Yeah, I wonder that too because I find my Teva Pretty Ruggeds run big. I'm between 7 and 8 depending on the shoes. With Teva I was a 7 and there's plenty of room.

My sis is 6 sometimes 7 and she bought 7 Teva's and had to return them to get size 6...also Teva Pretty Rugged.

But in most other shoes I'm an 8 (unless then run big).

Well, OP, I guess we have all been very helpful in making your decision even more complicated than you even thought it would be :rotfl:

Can anyone explain the different Teva sandles. Are they strictly a personal preference. What would be a good sandle for disney?

Sort of. THere are different levels of quality as well. Some have more cushion and shock absorption then others.

Here are some of their higher end good walking sandals:

Pretty Rugged (leather or nylon); I own and love!

Circuit (leather or nylon); I was torn between this and the Pretty Rugged.

Terra-Fi; has the shoc pad

Kenetic Circuit; good walking sandal but I don't like how it looks.

Then they have cheaper ones that others may swear by but they don't have the special shoc absorption or the extra cushioning for example the Hurricane's or the Cross Terra. They are good but not their best walking sandal.

www.rei.com has the Pretty Rugged Nylon on sale now for a great price! $36 I believe but only in one color.

I'll be wearing my Pretty Rugged sandals at WDW in December-even if I have to wear them with socks if it's cold!!

I just bought the Pretty Rugged sandals a few weeks ago. According to the reviews on Zappos, these used to run small, but are now running large. I normally wear a 6 1/2 wide, and size 6 is plenty big enough for me.

I ordered the above sandal - Teva Habit - and it runs HUGE. As it is a thong I can still wear it, but it is way bigger than my foot. It is a size 8 but looks like size 9 to me.

The Teva Raptor 2 (I can't paste it's picture for some reason) but it is a pretty rugged Teva ran so short in a size 8 that I gave them to my sister who wears a size 7 and she can barely wear them.

The "regular" tevas - several kinds that have the strapping shown in the picture all seem to be fairly true to size though.

Shoot - I tried on the hurricanes and spoilers locally to get an idea of sizing (I wear between an 8, 8 1/2 or 9) and the 8s were perfect except too small at the widest part of my foot. The 9s fit perfectly but we slightly too long so I just ordered a 9. But they're a pretty rugged leather, the ones you say run big :( Crud. I hope they fit ok bc I paid $8 for shipping (didn't have a choice - was using my dillard's CC). OK I'm done fussing now LOL Hopefully they'll be fine when I get them next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter