Test Track

Frank85

Earning My Ears
I rode it some along time ago and am not sure I remember everything. My dad has heart, neck, and back problems, but I think it will do okay on it. He does simulators fine. Can't handle Space Mountain because he can't brace himself for the jerky turns. He mainly got hurt off space mountain because it set in the back probably. Anyway he handles simulators that are fairly jerky.

I went on Test Track when it first opened. I also went on it last August. I guess because I'm getting older I found this ride to be faster then I remembered. They say the top speed is 60mph. I still like it, but if your dad has a heart condition, I would test it first.

Before the car goes through the wall and hits top speed, it is pretty tame. There are a couple of sharp turns and speed exelrations, but I'm sure he could handle that part. But as you know at the end of all the tests the car goes through you go through that wall that opens and ride outside. It does feel fast and can take your breath away. But in my opinion, it is not as bad as Rock and Roller Coaster. That I would never do again.

Hope this helps.

:wizard:

My DD who is a heart kid has ridden test track 3 times. what we do is put her in the middle seat- no shoulder belt to constrict the chest- and when you get to the big stop, both hubby and I are sitting on either side of her and we are the ones who are her "shoulder harness"

she loves test track- and there are a lot of rides that she can not go on- she has a pacemaker and it is in her abdomen- can not have strong magnet fields around it. you sit down, most rides have some sort of magnet field that pulls them along. :blush:

I have neck and back problems and have ridden test Track several times, HOWEVER the last time was in 2001. The ride itself did not cause any problems but on my last ride it came to a sudden stop (mechanical difficulties, loading another person, who knows???) for whatever reason and that stop was SUDDEN. I whipped forward & back and aggravated my neck injury. I spent several weeks back in pt. I haven't ridden it since. I now look at rides and don't wonder as much about the ride as much as about "what happens if it makes a sudden stop?".

Belle1962 said:
I have neck and back problems and have ridden test Track several times, HOWEVER the last time was in 2001. The ride itself did not cause any problems but on my last ride it came to a sudden stop (mechanical difficulties, loading another person, who knows???) for whatever reason and that stop was SUDDEN. I whipped forward & back and aggravated my neck injury. I spent several weeks back in pt. I haven't ridden it since. I now look at rides and don't wonder as much about the ride as much as about "what happens if it makes a sudden stop?".
It's made the same sudden stops for us.
My DD can't brace herself and does get swerved around during the braking tests.

One of my DD's has cp and other things going on. She has ridden Test Track a couple of times. She does best in the middle seat. She loves it and we have had no problems with sharp/quick stops. The only ride that we've bypassed is Space Mountain,since there is no way for us to sit with her and brace her movements.

I will give you the same advice I give to every guest who asks me if they will have a problem on Test Track. It's exactly what I would tell my own family.

"If you have any problem with your back or neck, do not go on the ride. Be on the safe side".

I have neck and back problems, without going into details, it is Arthritis with a very bad atitude. I can do test track, but if you look at the picture they take, I am in a full fledge grunt to minimize the shock to the back. I do the same with most of the other rides, that I will go on. Here is the list that I find that I don't have too much of a pain issue.

Rockin Roller Coaster - I found that I can hold my grunt for over 60 seconds!

Test Track - The road simulations are the worst part.

Mission Space - No jerky movements, wonderful experience. However with the heart condition, I would make sure he is ready for it.

Tomorrowland People Mover - Oh, wait, it doesn't hardly move. I highly recommend this to ride over and over if you have a kid that needs a nap.

Tower of Terror - I didn't like the unpredictability of the elevators, my wife and mother in law rode it once to check it out, they said, no problem. I got on, and it happened to be one of the sequences that had a slight jerk, that hurt.

I won't ride any of the motion simulation rides like star tours, those just make me writhe in pain, Not worth it.

One fun one that we found was at DisneyQuest, where you build your own coaster then ride it. the ride was ultra smooth, and we had a fairly aggressive coaster built.

As the cast member recommended, "Be on the safe side". My wife sees my pains and listens to me whine about them. She is a pretty good judge of what I can handle. I would urge you to do the same.

Best of Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter