Terrible time non-stop or layover?

Nice that you have access to an airport (or airports) that give you good options for NS flights to where you want to go. Not everyone has that choice.

If you miss your connecting flight because the first flight was delayed, airlines (at least the non-ULCC) will get you to your destination.
....oh yes - I realize that and yes, I am very lucky. I live in the NYC metro area and have access to 3 airports - Newark, LaGuardia, and Kennedy.

....:scratchin I never really gave it much thought before, but I suppose you are correct.
I just bring those up because if you want to fly internationally (Europe, Caribbean, Mexico, etc), that REALLY cuts down on what airports you can make those flights from. So even if you can get to MCO from your home airport NS, there's a good chance you'll need to make a connection for an international trip.

I just bring those up because if you want to fly internationally (Europe, Caribbean, Mexico, etc), that REALLY cuts down on what airports you can make those flights from. So even if you can get to MCO from your home airport NS, there's a good chance you'll need to make a connection for an international trip.
....my DS and his future DW will be flying to DLP in September out of Kennedy [I think] NS to Paris...I'm so jelly!

Looking at flights for Syracuse to MCO.

The only nonstop is Jet Blue at 5am (arrive 7:45) there and 9-11:50pm back. Two adults and a 6, 12, and 14 year old. I checked Tampa and no nonstop flights there.

I really hate flying and get very anxious so nonstop is definitely preferable. Price is about the same. Layovers range from 30 min (really?!) to 6 hours. Reasonable combos have about 90 min layover making total time about 7 hours.

So either exhausted kids getting up at 3am for the flight or exhausted kids from a long travel day. Also if we get there that early, no room to check into to rest. Maybe I could book it a day earlier and just check in that morning?

Flight back means getting home around 1am so another missed day of school/work which is probably a no go. Will likely suck it up and do a noon flight with layover back.

What would you do? If we do the 5am, I think they are going to want to rest in a room. I don’t think they’d be happy with just dropping off bags and going to a park or something. I think they’ll be tired.

Anyone have experience with this with kids? Thank you!
We travel with kids in our group all the time, and we prefer that early morning flight.... once we're up and moving toward airport,the kids are just fine(ages from about 2-14) and when we arrive, we take it easy, relax, checkin if we can, if not find a place to relax and rest up,eat,and just chill for the day. Then start fresh the next day for parks. and travel back home late? yeah..... seems to happen all the time too. we just adapt, and the kids nap on the plane when they're tired.

We travel with kids in our group all the time, and we prefer that early morning flight.... once we're up and moving toward airport,the kids are just fine(ages from about 2-14) and when we arrive, we take it easy, relax, checkin if we can, if not find a place to relax and rest up,eat,and just chill for the day. Then start fresh the next day for parks. and travel back home late? yeah..... seems to happen all the time too. we just adapt, and the kids nap on the plane when they're tired.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter