Teppan Edo, The Wave or Boma?

alcie27

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose? We have ADR's at Teppan Edo for the last night of our trip but I'm worried this will be too much time in Epcot. If we keep this ADR this would be our 3rd evening in Epcot during our 6 days of park time (2 Epcot, 2 MK, 1 HS).

Because of this we're thinking about switching to dinner at Boma or The Wave. Boma would be kind of out of the way since we're staying at BCV but I've read it's a great dinner location. The Wave is so close to other resorts we might be able to easily our some of the decorations, however, I've read mixed reviews on it. If it makes a difference we'll be a group of 4 adults and 2 kids.

I've only been to Boma, but it is great. We are 2 adults with 3 kids and we loved the buffet because it's easy. The food is interesting. We had to wait a little bit for our time (it was busy), but once seated we were totally pleased with it and we plan to visit again on our 2nd trip to DW.

Teppan Edo is like a japanese steakhouse / hibachi, right? I can get that experience at a couple restaurants near home so I would not need to do that at DW, but hibachi is a lot of fun, I love it... so I would be happy doing it at DW also.... so many choices, so little time -- have fun!

Been to all 3. I would pick Boma or Teppan Edo.

We did not have a great meal at the Wave the last time. My meal was good, but DW's was not. Just not consistent.

As previous poster said, Teppan Edo is Hibachi which is fun and fresh, but we have them in our home town. Boma was really good, but it is a buffet, and it is a bus ride from Epcot.

I guess my question would be what did you plan on doing after dinner? You are in Epcot, have to walk to front of park, bus over to AKL, eat, and then where? If you are heading back to Epcot, it may not be worth it and just keep the one you have.

We are just back today and I have to tell you how disappointed we were leaving that restaurant last night. The portions were very small. My husband got the scallops and they started out 3 large scallops cut into fourths for $30. They barely gave you any rice. Which in my opinion is the cheapest thing you could give out. I had the shrimp and it was very small portion. We also were given small amount of noodles with zucchini and onions and barely any taste. Very disappointing. We used to leave full and happy. It was the worst meal we had last week. We will not be going back there next year. What a big disappointment.

We are just back today and I have to tell you how disappointed we were leaving that restaurant last night. The portions were very small. My husband got the scallops and they started out 3 large scallops cut into fourths for $30. They barely gave you any rice. Which in my opinion is the cheapest thing you could give out. I had the shrimp and it was very small portion. We also were given small amount of noodles with zucchini and onions and barely any taste. Very disappointing. We used to leave full and happy. It was the worst meal we had last week. We will not be going back there next year. What a big disappointment.

This is my biggest complaint about this restaurant. I think the food is good but the portions are super small. We are not big eaters and it was not enough food for dinner. You really have to get apps and dessert if you don't want to feel hungry afterwards.

Eastern said:
This is my biggest complaint about this restaurant. I think the food is good but the portions are super small. We are not big eaters and it was not enough food for dinner. You really have to get apps and dessert if you don't want to feel hungry afterwards.

We ate there last night and I thought it was great. My entire plate was filled with food, nice chef, drinks were refilled often, and I thought it was a decent price for Disney. I thought it tasted good and it was comparable to the expensive hibachi houses back home. My 6 and 5 year olds loved it.

Boma is one of our favorite restaurants at Disney! We eat there on every trip. We get there a little early to be able to check out the animals at the viewing stations and enjoy the gorgeous resort. We are not fond of Teppan Edo. It was disappointing. The food was bland, the show bt the chef was pretty non existent and even wit an ADR we had a long wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter