Tent on premium site

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
I have a lot of questions this morning because we are going over options for our Disney camping trip!

We have two premium spots reserved -- felt like we needed to go premium with a 38 foot motorhome in one of the spots. The other is a 27 foot travel trailer.

After a recent camping trip, we've realized that we need more space for stuff and/or people.... so we would like to bring a tent.

Can we put a tent on a premium spot? I know its all concrete, but we could put weights in it to hold it down, and we would likely take it down in the event of wind/bad storm since we have both the trailer and the motorhome to use as well.

My main concern is they are going to tell us we aren't allowed to put a tent up -- are we?

I just replied on the other post, but I'll put it here for others with the same question.

Yes, you can put a tent on a Premium site, but you will likely be putting it on pavement. The Premiums do not have the coquina (sand) pad the rest of the sites have. Some Premium sites have room at the back or side of the paved pad. My site (1404) last month did not.

Here's pics of my site last month. Granted, my 5er is big (44 ft). And the truck/5er is 65 ft, but there isn't any room at the sides for a tent either. This site was shorter than other Premiums, but it is luck of the draw.

Site 1404-1.jpg

Site 1404-2.jpg

j

Last edited:
Wow! Great info, Teamubr! Thank you!

Any suggestions on how to either, get a site that will fit the travel trailer (Should be easier to fit it on there vs. the site with the 38 foot motor home)...?

Would it be allowed by FW to move the truck, put a tent on the campsite, and leave the truck at the parking lot for the week?

Any suggestions on how to either, get a site that will fit the travel trailer (Should be easier to fit it on there vs. the site with the 38 foot motor home)...?

Would it be allowed by FW to move the truck, put a tent on the campsite, and leave the truck at the parking lot for the week?
You can certainly leave your truck at the lot by the Outpost. That would probably give you enough room on many Premium sites.

Bama Ed gave some great advice on the other post. Call the reservation line a few weeks before arrival and having them note the size of your RV and the desire for a tent may help.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter