Tent in a Premium Site?

69RoadRunner

Mouseketeer
I have reservations next May for a Premium site. I have a 39.5' motorhome. It has bunkbeds for my 2 and 5 year olds. The out-laws will sleep on the sleeper sofa.

My brother-in-law may come along, too, and he would probably use a tent.

Is there enough open grass area to stake in a tent on the Premium sites?

All the area where you would normally stake a tent is now concrete pad on the premium sites. A preferred site would still have a tent area.

And Welcome to the Dis.

1. Welcome to the Disboards!

2. One suggestion- leave the outlaws at home, then BIL can sleep on the couch. If that doesn't work, then see paragraph 3.

3. The premium sites have just been in operation since October, so a lot of things have not been settled. From what I have observed, they are allowing folks to set up tents in the areas adjacent to the concrete pads. On some sites, this is not really a problem, on others, there will not be space. I have also seen a lot of tents set up on the concrete. Not so easy to do with some tents. You probably want to make sure that your needs are reflected on your reservation. Also, see if you can downgrade to a preferred site. Then you will still have the sand pad. Folks with big RV's have made due on the preferred sites for all this time, so you will be able to, also. A preferred site would be better for you. With this much time until you arrive, you should be able to swap your reservation.

Enjoy your trip.

TCD

1. Welcome to the Disboards!

Thanks, as you can see, I've been lurking for a while.

2. One suggestion- leave the outlaws at home, then BIL can sleep on the couch. If that doesn't work, then see paragraph 3.

The out-laws can be trusted to watch the kids when we need a break. The brother-in-law, well, he's never had kids. He also doesn't believe in using deodorant, so keeping him outside is a good idea.

3. The premium sites have just been in operation since October, so a lot of things have not been settled. From what I have observed, they are allowing folks to set up tents in the areas adjacent to the concrete pads. On some sites, this is not really a problem, on others, there will not be space. I have also seen a lot of tents set up on the concrete. Not so easy to do with some tents. You probably want to make sure that your needs are reflected on your reservation. Also, see if you can downgrade to a preferred site. Then you will still have the sand pad. Folks with big RV's have made due on the preferred sites for all this time, so you will be able to, also. A preferred site would be better for you. With this much time until you arrive, you should be able to swap your reservation.

Enjoy your trip.

TCD

Good point. I figured the Premium sites might be closer to where I wanted to go. My mother-in-law would be happier walking less. I may also have a toad.

Folks with big RV's have made due on the preferred sites for all this time, so you will be able to, also. A preferred site would be better for you.

We're in the 300 loop now - which is a Preferred and quite close to the marina (as well as the playground and dog park). Lots of big rigs in here, a few with tents pitched as well. :thumbsup2

The 500 loop has a strip of sand all the way down the sites on the electric side It should be possible to stake a tent down on three sides if you place it on the back corner of the site

What loops are they making into premium sites? We like to stay in loop 100 and 200

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred Pet
Loop 400 - Premium
Loop 500 - Premium Pet
Loop 600 - Premium
Loop 700 - Premium Pet
Loop 800 - Premium Pet
Loop 900 - Premium Pet
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium Pet
Loop 1300 - Premium Pet
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Preferred Pet
Loop 1700 - Preferred
Loop 1800 - Preferred Pet
Loop 1900 - Preferred

I just changed my reservations to a Preferred, non-pet site. I hope they don't make me put my brother-in-law in the kennel, though.

Welcome RoadRunner.:welcome: Your humor fits in nicely around here! :thumbsup2

If you haven't already done so, you can attach a loop request to your reservation. 100 or 200 would be nice preferred loop choices if you want to be close to the marina and Settlement area.

I actually did request 100 or 200. My motorhome is 39.5'. I know there are some people with longer rigs, but I hope I get a site with fairly easy access.

I'll probably have a toad set up by then, but that comes off before I pull in to the campgrounds.

I actually did request 100 or 200. My motorhome is 39.5'. I know there are some people with longer rigs, but I hope I get a site with fairly easy access.

I'll probably have a toad set up by then, but that comes off before I pull in to the campgrounds.

Right after check in is a hitch and unhitch area where you can let the toad loose.

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred Pet
Loop 400 - Premium
Loop 500 - Premium Pet
Loop 600 - Premium
Loop 700 - Premium Pet
Loop 800 - Premium Pet
Loop 900 - Premium Pet
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium Pet
Loop 1300 - Premium Pet
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Preferred Pet
Loop 1700 - Preferred
Loop 1800 - Preferred Pet
Loop 1900 - Preferred

I don't see any Full Hook up...which loops is considered Full hook up?

I just like the 100 and 200 loops. I take a glof cart so I couls stay in any of them but we have allways stayed there and it feels comfortable there.:cool1:

The old full hooks up are now called preferred since they now have cable.

Larry

OMG! Is that a one-line response from Larry?!!! I can't believe it! :rotfl: Just playing with ya big guy, but, you are pretty verbose, usually! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter