Tent camping storage

aap62

Earning My Ears
I will be fly-in tent camping in August without a car. What is the best way to secure my belongings during the day while i am at the parks? Thank you!!

Small safe at the Outpost for valuable, but most just secure it in their tent. From what I have seen/heard, there has not been an issue. Use common sense though. Don't leave valuables in the open and visible.

I have heard of some who would even use a "Zip Tie" to hold the "Zippers" together (since many tents have a "Split Zipper")

If you don't have a vehicle to lock larger valuables up, and if you are still concerned, I'd suggest you not bring them. If it were me, and it was something like a laptop, I'd bring mine and just keep it hidden in the tent. Again, most folks will leave well enough alone.

Like peg110, I wouldn't be too concerned about leaving valuables in the tent as long as they were hidden, BUT I wouldn't leave any food in the tent. My in-laws left a box of crackers (not at FW) in their tent last year and came back to a chewed up tent from squirrels! They ended up having to trash the tent and buy a new one mid-trip. I can't remember who it was, but someone else on here had a similar issue in one of their trip reports.

I would not anything you really value in the tent. I believe there are some lockers down by the marina (unless they took them out). I suppose if you really wanted to you could go down and lock you stuff up each day. May want to call ahead to make sure they are still there and what the prices might be. Somebody on the boards may even be able to go by and check them out for you.

fort-wilderness-marina-10_zpsrwdqxkfj.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter