Tell me the "weather" where you live.

I'm a little afraid to say anything, but once we got past 4 snow "events" in November (very rare for the StL area) December wasn't bad and the first 2 weeks of January are looking pretty mild. 40-50 for highs throughout the 14 day forecast. The are saying mid 50s and sun this weekend. January (and February) are generally pretty brutal here with highs in the 20s with at least one stretch below 0. I may have jinxed it for the second half of January, but I'll take this now.

Not quite the Fort or the Gulf coast, but not bad.

j

I'm a little afraid to say anything, but once we got past 4 snow "events" in November (very rare for the StL area) December wasn't bad and the first 2 weeks of January are looking pretty mild. 40-50 for highs throughout the 14 day forecast. The are saying mid 50s and sun this weekend. January (and February) are generally pretty brutal here with highs in the 20s with at least one stretch below 0. I may have jinxed it for the second half of January, but I'll take this now.

Not quite the Fort or the Gulf coast, but not bad.

j

We are having a similar run. November was pretty brutal in WI, but December was WAY below normal for snow forecast, and temps were mild. The last 4-5 days have been pretty average, and have had some dusting snow, but the 10-day has minimal precipitation and temps getting close to (or into) the 40's most days. They are starting to talk about an 'Arctic blast' for late January, so we will see...

They are starting to talk about an 'Arctic blast' for late January, so we will see...
I think I may have spoke too soon. Our local news said the long term forecast is for "a sharp downturn" at the end of January into the first part of February. At least I'm going to Dominican Republic the 2nd weekend in February.

j

Last edited:

Teamubr, I just saw the weather for your area. Woozers, Jim, stay safe from all this snow. Up North, we have had a very mild winter with little to no snow, and in the high 29’s to 39’s. Last weekend we went for a long UTV ride, as it was 50 degrees. Enjoy your winter wonderland. I remember how much you detest snow.

Teamubr, I just saw the weather for your area. Woozers, Jim, stay safe from all this snow. Up North, we have had a very mild winter with little to no snow, and in the high 29’s to 39’s. Last weekend we went for a long UTV ride, as it was 50 degrees. Enjoy your winter wonderland. I remember how much you detest snow.
Thanks Barb.

Yup. Not fond of the cold, but at least if it is going to be cold, it might as well be pretty.

They are still saying 8-10 inches, but someone just posted that Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel is on his way (That must mean we are in for it. He doesn't go anywhere with good weather) and they are saying 18+ inches in some areas here by the time it wraps up on Sunday.

Ian's new Miata is supposed to be here at 10am in the morning on a transporter from Arizona. They said the driver would call if he wasn't going to make it. I hope he was smart and drove in early. It didn't start snowing here until about 5 tonight.

j

Yeah Jim, stay safe. Just a cold rain for us. ABC news was showing possibly up to 12" for you, but then again, they exaggerate a lot to get more people to watch so hopefully that's all it'll be.

ABC news was showing possibly up to 12" for you, but then again, they exaggerate a lot to get more people to watch so hopefully that's all it'll be.
From the way this looks, they may be underestimating. It depends on how the really heavy bands come through. I'm guessing at least 10, but likely more. Even 10 inches isn't too bad for the truck. The Explorer does fine up to about 8. They have been out working on the roads quite a bit, so we should be good.

j

Good morning.

I woke up to about 10 inches on the ground with the news saying about 4 more during the day.

Good news is it is still in the low 30s, so it's not terribly cold.

I did put gas in the snow blower for the first time. I bought the blower three years ago at a Sears Hardware that was closing. I haven't had to use it until now. That's unusual here. My old snow blower got used 4 or 5 times a Winter. Just not much snow the last few years.

j

Good morning.

I woke up to about 10 inches on the ground with the news saying about 4 more during the day.

Good news is it is still in the low 30s, so it's not terribly cold.

I did put gas in the snow blower for the first time. I bought the blower three years ago at a Sears Hardware that was closing. I haven't had to use it until now. That's unusual here. My old snow blower got used 4 or 5 times a Winter. Just not much snow the last few years.

j
Did Ian’s new car make it “home” before th snow? It is 29 degrees here and cloudy. Hapoy snow blowing. Hopefully this will melt for you in the next week.

Snowmageddon Update!

Snow blowed the driveway and sidewalks. Then my neighbors sidewalks. And then both of my neighbors driveway entrances.

I'm still looking for the 10+ inches of snow. The weather people must be using a different measuring stick. I measured 5-6 inches so far. It is still snowing and it is supposed to keep snowing off and on until tomorrow morning, but still. Here are some pics. It is pretty. My next door neighbor and his daughter came out to play and the neighbor across the street was walking his St Benard'ish dog.

20190112_104847_006_01-1008x567.jpg 20190112_104913-1008x567.jpg 20190112_104925-1008x567.jpg

j

Did Ian’s new car make it “home” before th snow?
Barb,

We got an email this morning that Ian's car made it to the StL area, but they won't deliver it today due to the snow. We had almost all of the interstates closed most of the night so they could get the plows out and clear them. Delivery is rescheduled for Monday afternoon.

j

we are at the upper end of the storm, just a dusting so far, not supposed to get more than an inch. just glad its on a weekend, traffic can be hell with even a dusting

They were calling for 1-3” of snow overnight where I live. Woke up to a dusting. High today will be a nice brisk 30°.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter