Tell me the "weather" where you live.

One of the absolute JOYS of being a retired guy is that you can flow along with the seasons.

For example, football season runs March-April (spring training), August-January (fall camp and the season/bowls).

Then you get about a 3-week gap in January to refresh until it's time for college baseball practice (late Jan starts) and the season begins (around Valentine's Day).

The college baseball season has a practice period in the fall too. It's wonderful to watch the batting practice, shag home run balls over the left field fence, and sit in the sun during scrimmages.

But now is the winter/spring practice period just before the OFFICIAL season starts. And in Alabama it got up to 72F yesterday for the intra-team scrimmages.

I went today too and it was glorious (but a little hot in the sun - had to move to the shaded side of the stadium). :beach:

There is a scrimmage tomorrow - timed, of course, to end about 3 hrs before the Super Bowl. Weather will be sunny and in the 60s on Sunday and at freezing tonight and tomorrow.

But the baseball season officially starts next Friday and to me that is the official start of Spring.

Bama Ed

PS - as a season ticket holder I pay an average of $6 a home game ticket for 33 afternoons and evenings to enjoy a baseball game. How great is that? :confused3 And Two Dollar Tuesdays (hot dogs and sodas are $2 each) during midweek games are a great value for us retired folks. The SEC has the best college baseball in the country. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Current situation.
I'm in the 4-8" band. I don't think we'll get that much, but supposed to keep falling until 12:00pm.

Like any snow in the southern Midwest, it's going to be 50+ degrees by Sunday. So it's just going to be around long enough to be annoying. Thankfully work told everyone to telework today. So I slept in and will do some work and shovel today.

Update at 1116 Central time.

Still coming. New forecast has my house right on the 4-6" or 6-10" band of potential snowfall now. It's still really coming down.

The drifting on the deck is nuts. It's looking well over a foot. Shoveling out is going to be fun.

For whatever reason, we continue to seem to have some sort of force field against the snowstorms this year. Stayed south of us again. We are enormously below average for the season. Not complaining at all, just worried about the fact that everything tends to average out over time. Not sure I want us to make up the 18", or whatever it is, that is our current deficit!

60+ yesterday. I was in the hot tub last night. Sleet and an inch of snow right now. They say we might get a couple of inches. Supposed to be in the 60s again Sunday and Monday.

20220217_164925_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Last edited:
50F for a high today in central Alabama. It's also Opening Day here for college baseball at 3pm. :cold:

60F tomorrow and ballgame at 2pm. :cool2:

70F Sunday and ballgame at 1pm. :beach:

Ed

PS - getting some snow flurries this morning. ❄

Last edited:
Hit some of the worst snow squalls I've ever seen when driving DD home from a college visit on Friday. First ever snow squall warning in Milwaukee. Luckily steered clear of the 40 car pile-up about 30 miles north of us when it happened.

Then it was 55 with 50mph winds yesterday.

Tonight it's freezing rain advisories for 24 hours.

Why do we live here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter