Tell Me About Tony's Town Square... Is it actually bad food, or just not really Italian food?

I like Olive Garden and sub par Italian food but this was idk inedible on our day. Now the steak and my shrimp pasta were very good. So maybe pick your entree carefully.

It sounds like the place needs a major renovation, but if they do that, i hope they would keep the same theme (probably won't though!)

We don't mind it at all. Especially for the Magic Kingdom. The table services at MK are all standard I'd say, with the exception of BOG. There's a reason you can get a Liberty Tree Tavern, Diamond Horseshoe or Jungle Navigation reservation at anytime. At least it's priced fair. CRT's food has been awful the last two times we went there, but you are paying for the ambiance of CRT, not the food. With Tony's it's always been edible and served it's purpose. It's not the best but not the worst for us.

I like Tony's. It's an average restaurant, not like anything you're going to write home about but it's a fine meal. I think the decor is nice, and it's a nice little tucked away place for some respite from the park. Also those rocking chairs are a great place to watch the parade from if you're in the area at the time!

I'm curious about Tony's as well since I was contemplating going there on my upcoming trip, but decided to hold off because of the bad reviews. I am a big Lady & The Tramp fan so I want to at least give it a try at some point in the future

Assuming I don't have to switch anything around to accomodate fast passes (and since it's so late in the day I'm thinking not), I'll post a review when we get back.

We just got back didn't eat there but I sat in the waiting area for a little bit with my brother in-law as place to escape the heat while my 15 month old nephew slept. It smelled terrible very musty like there some water damage in there that never got cleaned up properly. So if you like a little mold smell before you eat seems like the place to go.

I figure since we're not going the week after a major hurricane mold smell is unlikely. That does sound unpleasant, but I'm sure they had a lot of water to deal with.

Honestly, as you can see from these reviews, the food varies slightly depending on when you go. We went for lunch and the food was so bad we couldn't eat it. The red sauce was so acidic you couldnt eat it. I don't see how anyone can compare it to Olive Garden. Its worse than a microwave Italian dinner for 10x the cost. Absolutely the worst food we have ever had at disney world. So much potential with the restaurant and they waste it.

The dis has done a list of Disney's 5 worst restaurants and Tony's made the list. I just watched it last night on youtube. I think it was the one they kept talking about over and over just how awful it was. Some restaurants just don't have authentic Italian food but are still good and a decent meal. They mentioned that it is not even close to being good food. They comments noting the sauce tastes tinny like they just took it out of a can an put it on the pasta. I do have to say that i have never eaten there, but from that review (which was based on a number of different visits) i would not waste my time and money there when there are definitely a ton of better places.

We have eaten there a couple of times in the past, and the only places I like less are H&V and CM. That said, we are going to go our next trip for the parade package. The timing works well, and we are on the deluxe plan so I would rather relax at a table service restaurant than deal with counter service in the MK. My two boys (6 and 12) eat Spaghettios on a regular basis :crazy2:, they will be fine. I would hate anything with the sauce, but I think the last time I was there I had the shrimp dish and it wasn't bad.

I personally would much prefer Skipper's Canteen, LTT, or BOG, but there is not much there the boys would like. I still go to CM for them some trips, so it's not always about the food. H&V, never again!

Oh dear. We have H&V for lunch the day before that. I may need to switch that one around for FP's, but we'll see. I know that's not exciting either, but my husband's tastes are really pretty limiiting, and I figure a buffet, there must be SOMETHING good...

I opened this thread determined to not let bad reviews sway me but....now I'm not sure! We booked the Festival of Fantasy package. If Tony's is so bad, what would be suggested for prime parade viewing?

I love Tony's. But I'm easy to please. You throw some Parmesan cheese on some breaded chicken with pasta and chunky tomato sauce and wooo hooo!

We're eating here because the LTT doesn't appeal to me at all and they serve wine which the adults (6 of us with a 2.5 year old) will enjoy. I just figure I'll avoid anything with red sauce which is never a favorite of mine anyway.

Oh dear. We have H&V for lunch the day before that. I may need to switch that one around for FP's, but we'll see. I know that's not exciting either, but my husband's tastes are really pretty limiiting, and I figure a buffet, there must be SOMETHING good...

As you can probably tell from my post I am pretty flexible on dining options. But there is absolutely no way I will ever eat at H&V again. I hated it the first time we did it for lunch, and then tried it again for an early breakfast to book Jedi Academy. I didn't think it was possible for a buffet to mess up breakfast but it was horrible. Really, there is nothing good.

People are very picky about Italian food. I would also say its similar to Olive Garden. Not worse, and definitely not canned like chef boyardee or anything. I remember it was a very sweet, chunky tomato sauce. Dishes that are not tomato sauce based are also better reviewed.

Personally, I do not care for Tony's. I tried it this past January for the second time and was even more disappointed the second time around. I had the chicken parm and remember the chicken being thin and dry and the pasta was totally unmemorable. I think there is better Italian food on property and better food available in MK.

I like it better than canned spaghetti, but then again I like the spaghetti served at the elementary school cafeteria, so i might not be the best judge.
I thought it was fine but not wonderful- grocery store spaghetti with sauce out of a jar- just like my mom used to make. :)
Actually, my mom used to serve us spaghetti sauce that came powered in packet. I think she added tomato paste it sauce to it, but it could have been a just add water thing.

People are very picky about Italian food. I would also say its similar to Olive Garden. Not worse, and definitely not canned like chef boyardee or anything. I remember it was a very sweet, chunky tomato sauce. Dishes that are not tomato sauce based are also better reviewed.
Picky? No, we're not. We just don't like pasta that tasted like it came fresh out of a can. Yes it was that bad. The folks in the dis unplugged review nailed it right on the head. Its very acidic and not at all edible. My son (and myself too) couldn't eat the meatballs that he was served. I had the chicken parm, terrible. Definitely nothing like olive garden. But I do agree that if you want an edible dish, go for something WITHOUT the nasty acidic tomato sauce.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter