Tell me about Spice Road Table

Does anyone know how the DDP works here? Are you able to enjoy a few small plates or are you limited to entrees only?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but has anyone watched illuminations from spice road table?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but has anyone watched illuminations from spice road table?

I have, from the outdoor seating area. Unless you're seated at one of the tables against the railing, some of the high fireworks will be blocked from view, but otherwise it was a great spot.

We've watched from the outside patio as well as from a window table inside. As @10MoreMinutes says above, some of the high fireworks are blocked, but otherwise we enjoyed our view both times. We've seen Illuminations many times, though, so if it's your first time and is important to you, SRT may not be the best place for you to see it.

Another vote for SRT. Such a hidden gem. Obviously not standard American fare, but I also don't think it's too "weird" - and for our parties of some omnivores and some vegetarians it's spot-on.

I've eaten there about five times, both by myself and with my partner. I've always gotten a later seating for a good enough view of Illuminations. I don't find having a good view to be important for myself, I'm more concerned about having a comfortable seat and glass of wine.

As far as the food goes. I've never been disappointed. I live in an international area, and generally my complaints about food at Disney World have to do with a general blandness, or desire to cater to a middle of the road palate. I haven't had that problem at Spice Road. That said, I was just looking at their menu for our upcoming trip, and saw a couple of items missing from our past visits... which makes me wonder if the menu is changing in more ways than just names.

I've eaten there about five times, both by myself and with my partner. I've always gotten a later seating for a good enough view of Illuminations. I don't find having a good view to be important for myself, I'm more concerned about having a comfortable seat and glass of wine.

As far as the food goes. I've never been disappointed. I live in an international area, and generally my complaints about food at Disney World have to do with a general blandness, or desire to cater to a middle of the road palate. I haven't had that problem at Spice Road. That said, I was just looking at their menu for our upcoming trip, and saw a couple of items missing from our past visits... which makes me wonder if the menu is changing in more ways than just names.

Is 7:05 a good time to get or should I look for a little later? (Illuminations is 9pm that evening.)

We ate there as a party of six last March and were a bit disappointed. The food was fine, but not fantastic (although the hummus fries are great). What turned us off the most was that we had horrible service. Sometimes I wonder if not ordering liquor or only ordering small plates leads to waitstaff simply not caring about your table - or if an automatic gratuity for a larger party does that as well - but our waitress was just slow, failed to keep water in our glasses, and showed a real lack of care. It wasn’t enough to complain while there, but we did respond honestly in the survey we were emailed post-meal.

While we might return at some point - it’s not completely checked off the list - it was a bit of a letdown for us.

Is 7:05 a good time to get or should I look for a little later? (Illuminations is 9pm that evening.)

Unless your group is the type that extends dining over a few hours, I'd go closer to 8pm. It's also nice staying there after Illuminations is over, and letting the crowds thin out when walking back.

Unless your group is the type that extends dining over a few hours, I'd go closer to 8pm. It's also nice staying there after Illuminations is over, and letting the crowds thin out when walking back.

Thanks. I changed to 7:40.

The good would be the hummus fries and lamb sliders.
The bad and ugly is the really bad gas that you will be blessed with the entire next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter