• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about sending letters from Hogwarts

NDollie

Earning My Ears
I think I read somewhere on here that I can take letters to send from Hogwarts. If someone has any additional information, I would appreciate it. Do I take my own letters or can I buy "acceptance Letters" and personalize while there?

The letters are postmarked with Hogwarts? Just can't find a lot of info on this.

Thank you so much

You can mail things from the owlery in Hogsmeade. It will be postmarked from Hogsmeade, and there are stamps you can purchase with Hogwarts on them. You can use your own stamps as well and just have your items postmarked.

I did not get to do this when there in January but got to do it a few weeks ago at Universal Hollywood.

We purchased the postcards from the Owlery. They had a few designs to chose from. I think it was $1 a postcard. My daughter filled them out.
They do not sell individual stamps. At least in Hollywood- they sell the collectors HP stamps- a sheet of 10 of the $0.47 stamps. They sell it for $14.95!
They will stamp it with the Hogsmeade postmark and we had a mailbox right outside the Owlery.
They said it would take a week and it was exactly a week when everyone received it.

When I tried to do this back in 2015 in Orlando, they did not sell the individual stamp I wanted (to mail to the UK). They put the special postmark on the postcard I bought but told me I would have to get a stamp and mail it myself. Unfortunately, Hard Rock Hotel's gift shop didn't sell individual stamps either so I had to bring it back home where it promptly disappeared and I haven't found it since!

My nephew did a thing for school where he asked us to mail him a postcard. In Hogsmeade Orlando they don't sell individual postcards but they do sell a set for around $12 I believe it was. I only needed one so we stopped at a gift shop and found one for $1. I brought my own stamp so I didn't have to buy one there. When you go to the Owlery they put a post stamp next to your stamp and you have to put it in the slot for the mail. I'm sure they sell HP stamps at a premium and probably a set also. When you bring your own letter and stamp it's free to send.

You can find acceptance letters online to print from home and take with you - they don't sell these there. Here's an example:
http://www.wbshop.com/product/mobil...tance+letter+chromaluxe+panel+hpezppphoglc.do

My nephew did a thing for school where he asked us to mail him a postcard. In Hogsmeade Orlando they don't sell individual postcards but they do sell a set for around $12 I believe it was. I only needed one so we stopped at a gift shop and found one for $1. I brought my own stamp so I didn't have to buy one there. When you go to the Owlery they put a post stamp next to your stamp and you have to put it in the slot for the mail. I'm sure they sell HP stamps at a premium and probably a set also. When you bring your own letter and stamp it's free to send.

You can find acceptance letters online to print from home and take with you - they don't sell these there. Here's an example:
http://www.wbshop.com/product/mobil...tance+letter+chromaluxe+panel+hpezppphoglc.do

Perfect!! Thank you so much!

and thanks everyone else for all the info. Just what I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter