Techie things to do in WDW?

sherrynn

Earning My Ears
On my last trip (a year ago), I took the underground/behind-the-scenes tour of Magic Kingdom, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I'm going back next year. Is there anything else that's technical/historical to do there? (The scripts at Spaceship Earth and the American Adventure were absolutely terrible.)

Starlight Safari at AKL Kidani is pretty cool. They give you a night vision viewer to look at the animals.

Is there anything else that's technical/historical to do there?
Are you looking for Disney specific details? If so, I'd plan on a trip to several of the resorts to look at some of the details the imagineers included. The Wilderness Lodge lobby is really amazing when you look at it. Same with Animal Kingdom lodge.

Also, take a walk down the hallway that leads to Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary where there are pictures of the MK construction.

On my last trip (a year ago), I took the underground/behind-the-scenes tour of Magic Kingdom, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I'm going back next year. Is there anything else that's technical/historical to do there? (The scripts at Spaceship Earth and the American Adventure were absolutely terrible.)
Those are 2 very different questions :). I also love the "behind the scenes tours" & highly recommend them, esp. when they take you into the tunnels or onto the sets.

I happen to love chasing hidden Mickeys. I find they take me to unusual places within the parks & hotels [yes, I crawled into the fireplace at Wilderness Lodge!] & open interesting conversations with CMs. CMs are an amazing resource for unusual & technical things -- so rather than an attraction or something organized like a tour, just asking someone who works there will open doors you never even knew were there. I started with Disney history books I picked up at my local library & the asked CMs about some of the stuff I'd read.

I hope you have fun!

If you have any interest in animal care you should definitely take the train ride to Conservation Station. With luck you'll see them examining and caring for some of the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter