TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

Just popping in to say Happy New Year to the TEAM MICKEY crowd! :goodvibes

I found an interesting article on sparkpeople.com today about diet vs. lifestyle change. I posted an excerpt of the TEAM DONALD thread. You can read more about it here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39358184&postcount=50

Remember we can chat on both threads and I'm warning you that I will be popping on here because I'll miss you all if I don't! :flower3:

Good luck to us all this challenge! :cheer2:

Hello, Happy New Year everyone!
This is my first post from my new iPad! Best husband ever!

I have had an amazing week since the day after Christmas, with no exercise (no time) I just keep losing somehow. I will have time to get back in the gym on Monday.

Tonight we are going to the cleveland indians snow days with friends for sledding and iceskating. Only problem is it's 56 degrees. It's been bitter cold for weeks and today it decides to warm up. We already bought our tickets, so hopefully it will be ok.

Just popping in to say Happy New Year to the TEAM MICKEY crowd! :goodvibes

I found an interesting article on sparkpeople.com today about diet vs. lifestyle change. I posted an excerpt of the TEAM DONALD thread. You can read more about it here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39358184&postcount=50

Remember we can chat on both threads and I'm warning you that I will be popping on here because I'll miss you all if I don't! :flower3:

Good luck to us all this challenge! :cheer2:
Lisa--thank you so much for posting this! I saw this article and it was on my list of things to do to post a link to it! We love having you on our thread!:hug:

Hello, Happy New Year everyone!

I have had an amazing week since the day after Christmas, with no exercise (no time) I just keep losing somehow. I will have time to get back in the gym on Monday.

Tonight we are going to the cleveland indians snow days with friends for sledding and iceskating. Only problem is it's 56 degrees. It's been bitter cold for weeks and today it decides to warm up. We already bought our tickets, so hopefully it will be ok.
Have fun tonight--glad you are loving the ipad!

Vija--we are sooo glad you are here with us! I had a little health scare last year--nothing like yours--but it was definitely the kick in the pants I needed to stick with it this time!

CC--thank you so much for running HH!!!!

I plan on run/walking the princess half in February - which is one month after my 35th birthday.

Hi Mary, Glad to have you on our team. LisaH from Team Donald has started a BL princess half marathon thread for us to chat on. There is a good size group of BL alumni/participants doing the princess. Feel free to join us. Here is the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2620722

I think I would eventually be a maintainer instead of a yo-yo dieter!!!!
Best of luck and a safe and happy 2011 to all!!!!

I have always had the same problem. I have really found a love for running and that has helped me to stick with it. Try to find something you really really love to do you may even find yourself missing it if you stop.;)

And then our daughter will be having our second grandson between now and next week and that is another motivation for me.

how exciting. You have come to the right place to help you keep your motivation. Its nice to have a man join our group to compliment all us ladies.:goodvibes Welcome aboard.

I realized that was not a good thing, and have really made some changes. I'm eating at home more, and I've been exercising at least 30 minutes a day. I'm hoping this will pay off!

You have already made some great changes. Your job sounds dreamy. It is tough when you cant move around much during the day. Great ideas to keep yourself going at night.

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited for BL 11 to start! (Just in case you can't tell...:rotfl2:) I also excited to be the Healthy Habits Coach. I hope that all of you will participate.

Hi CC, thanks for being our HH coach. You are going to be awesome at the job. I think doing this as a team will keep me more accountable to actually following along with the HH. Now I know I cant let my teammates down.

I almost died this year because of blood clots in my lungs and arm. I ended up in the ICU on the ventilator and am VERY lucky to be alive. soooo, I received my wake up call

So glad you are hear with us and ready to make the changes. That must of been devistating but you are very courageous to not let it keep you down. Wow taekwon do. I wont be messing with you.;)

Hi Team Donald/Team Mickey!

Just a reminder when sending in your weigh ins to:

Include your team Name in your message to me.
TTFN :tigger:

tracey is it ok if I send you my wieght on monday. I have been using my work scale for accuracy and wont be there until monday????

what a guy.:woohoo: is it all that you imagined it would be????

Go figure when you want cold weather it goes away.:lmao: sounds like a fun time. Enjoy your evening.

Happy New Year to all my teammates. My name is Lindsay. I am 31 and will be turning 32 on jan 18th. 30 didnt bother me but somehow 32 is.:lmao: Time is just flying so fast....wish I could slow it down a bit, then again dont we all.:goodvibes I am a full time practice manager of a pediatric practice. I am a runner and am participating in the princess half marathon in feb. I have lost 35lbs so far and have another 20-25 to go. I gained all my weight during my 2 pregnancies and then the stress of adjusting to life with 2 sons added even more weight. I figured since they are now 6yr and 3yrs its about time I put an end to my unhealthy lifestyle. I am married for 7yrs. My dh has weight issues and is starting a healthier diet tomorrow too. He also is trying to get into running. Maybe we will do a race together in the future:confused3

This is my 3rd challenge. my advice for any newcomers would be to at least check in with us weekly. In the beginning it moves very quickly. Even if you dont have time to read back or reply at least check in and post how you are doing. It helps to keep yourself accountable. You can be as personal as you wish. We are all open and understanding and we dont judge anyone. I have met some truly amazing individuals on here.

Good luck and GOOOOOO TEAM MICKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommyof2pirates- Yes, it's fine to send in your weight on Monday!

Happy New Year all!!!!

I will start compiling the weigh ins tomorrow.

Just got back from seeing Tron! Really good! I'm ready to take a nap now so I can stay awake for our fun night with friends and lots of Chinese food! Girls are in their rooms resting and playing their DSis!

Hope everyone has a fun and safe time tonight! This will be my last Chinese food splurge until I get rid of the holiday weight!

Keep those weighins coming! I will be clearing out my inbox tomorrow when I do the weigh ins!

TTFN :tigger:

Team Mickey--survival guide to the first week of the BL challenge:thumbsup2

Good afternoon Team Mickey! Here is a brief summary of what you need to do to get through the first week of the BL challenge. I will post the first Question of the the Day later today.

1. The thread is going to move fast. It is always hard to read every post when you first start, especially when you don't know a lot of people yet. You don't have to reply to everyone, and you don't have to post at all if you don't want to. Chiming in will help everyone get to know you better, though, and will allow others to offer you support when you need it. For instance, we have a teammate running a 5k tomorrow! I definitely want to wish her well for her race!:goodvibes If you are having an issue with something, chances are at some point someone else has had a similar issue. This is a great place to get ideas and support.

2. Read over the Healthy Habits for the week today. The challenge starts tomorrow and this spring it's a Team Challenge! The link to the HH challenge of the week can be found on the first page of this thread.:goodvibes

3. Read over instructions on WIN (whittle inches now) today. Instructions can be found on the first page of this thread. WIN measurements can be pm'd to Connie96. There are instructions on what to pm Connie.

4. PM tigger813 (Tracey) your starting weight tomorrow. Tracey has requested that you include your team name to make it easier for her.
For instance in the subject of the pm: 1/1/11 Team Mickey 142.8 pounds.

5. Consider answering the questions of the day. They really help us get to know each other better.

6. Ask questions. Even if I am not around, there are lots of other folks who will jump in to help.

Remember, you don't have to post on the thread to participate in the challenge, but we encourage you to. This is a Team Challenge--and I am competitive;)--just kidding--so I hope everyone is motivated to get to work!

I will talk about this some more later, but I have gained and lost weight so many times, and I really credit the support I have received here to how successful I have been this year. I hope that you are able to get out of the challenge as much as I have.:goodvibes

Hi Team!

So excited to be in this challenge! This is my first one. My name is Karen and I'm 47. Married 20 years, no kids - just dogs! I've joined Weight Watchers off and on over the years and rejoined this morning for what I hope is the last time! As I get older health issues are my main motivator for getting the weight off for good. I've done pretty well on the exercise side of the equation, I run/walk (love to do 5ks, some 10ks and half marathons) and I do fitness boot camp in the park. Just need to get the eating side figured out!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you, and I promise to do my best to support the team!

Happy New Year!

Karen

Hi Fellow Mickey team challengers! Happy New Year!!

I'm new to the BL challenges.

I'm Tammy, 40 years old and promised myself more health during this decade. Some of my family members have been diagnosed with diabetes (adult onset) during this time. I want to do everything in my power to prevent it. I'm married with 2 children (6 and 8).

I'm on Sparkspeople to help log in my nutrition and fitness. I'm coaching at the end of the month, so I will be around more during that week.

I'm sick right now and trying to eat right and get my water in. I'm slacking on exercise because I can barely talk without coughing. I'm getting lots of rest and taking some over the counter cough meds that usually break this stuff up.

Don't worry, I'm competitive and won't let my team down. I will still get in my exercise next week, even if I have to crawl.;):thumbsup2

QOTD: Hi Team Mickey!! My name is Jen and I'm a High School Biology Teacher!!!! This is my 2nd WISH challenge although I'm sad to say I didn't stick through with the other one but my goal this time is to follow through with this one no matter what!!!! My goal for this week is to do all of the Healthy Habits everyday. My goal for the month is to lose another 10lbs before heading to Disney and be at my lowest weight in the last 6 years!!!!!

Evening Team Mickey!

It's been a short day. I guess that's what happens when you sleep through most of it. :rolleyes1 I really needed a nap, but 3 hours! :scared1:

I did really well eating-wise today for the first time in days! :banana: I even journaled today! My goal for the week is to journal everyday. I'm also aiming for all 18 HH points. My bladder may have something to say about that though. ;)

I just want to ditto what Rose and Lindsay said. I hope that all of you find WISH BL to be as supportive as I have. I may have ended 2010 15+ pounds more than I started it, but I am so much better emotionally and for that, I couldn't be more grateful! I find the support here endless and I hope you do too. :goodvibes

Have a great day 1 of BL 11 tomorrow everyone!

Greetings from Your Healthy Habits Coach

This week, the 3rd HH is to eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day. I encourage you to try new ones and eat a variety of them. I am partial to broccoli, but I also like spinach, various types of lettuce, and celery.

I am including an informative chart from Sparkpeople about vegetables. I hope that it encourages you to enjoy as many as possible (at least 3 for HHs) this week and forever!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/food_lists_veggies.asp

Have a great week!

CC

QOTD 1/1/11 Saturday--two parts
1. Introduce yourself, if you haven't done so yet.
2. Do you have a goal for this week, this month, this challenge?

Sometimes setting goals is a little overwhelming. I found this article on sparkpeople which talks about the importance of setting goals.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=103

Hi my name is Tia, I'm 34, a stay at home/homeschooling mom and in-home child care provider and this is my 2nd and a half challenge. The half was last January when I jumped back in and was doing really well, especially with exercise. Them in Feb I got so tired I couldn't even imagine a step of exercise...lo and behold I was pregnant with my 2nd DD (now 3 months)! So, I moved on to "good" gaining instead of losing. Must have done some good as I ended up almost 15 pounds less than after my first DD (now 7!).

Anyway...while I hope to lose along the way, that won't be my main focus this time around since I'm still nursing. However, I really need to focus on healthier eating and exercise and start regaining my good healthy habits again - my main goal for this challenge.

I'm excited to be back active on WISH and the BL challenge and can't wait to get to know everybody.

My name is Michelle and I am 39 (40 in July). I have been married for 15 years and have 2 dds (12 & 10). I am a SAHM and I homeschool both my children and have for 6 years now. Both my girls are competitive gymnasts so we spend a lot of time at their practices and competitions.

I think I tried joining in a Biggest Loser team once before but slacked off and never did much with it. Last year I managed to lose about 35 pounds with half hearted exercise and eating habits (I would do really well for a while and then just stop). I'm just happy I have maintained most of the loss (will know how much I maintained during the holidays when I weigh in tomorrow).

My goal for this week:
Drink my water, exercise 30 minutes a day, eat smart

My goal for month:
To lose 10 pounds would be awesome

My goal for this challenge:
My goal is to lose 50 pounds by the end of June when we go on our Alaskan cruise. I think that is a little past the completion of the challenge, but we shall see I guess.

Michelle

I'll get a jump start on the QOTD!

Hello everyone! My name is Dawn, but I see there is another "Dawn" on here so I'll just stick with Applemomma to avoid confusion :). This is my first time trying WISH but I've got high hopes! I'm not overly concerned about my weight (in fact as of right now I have NO idea what it actually is....might get a scare when I weigh in) but I'd really just like to get rid of the spare tire that's clung tight to my middle! That and I am starting to have back pain so I'd really like to strengthen my core muscles. Not to meant more energy would always be nice!

My goal for this week is to do all the Healthy Habits!

Beyond that I'm trying to not set myself up for disappointment! Done that before...not going there again.....

Looking forward to it!

I've done pretty well on the exercise side of the equation, I run/walk (love to do 5ks, some 10ks and half marathons) and I do fitness boot camp in the park. Just need to get the eating side figured out!

Hi Karen, wow sounds like you have the exercise part going good! I bet once you start eating better you will see the lbs melt. Nice to meet you.

I'm sick right now and trying to eat right and get my water in. I'm slacking on exercise because I can barely talk without coughing. I'm getting lots of rest and taking some over the counter cough meds that usually break this stuff up.

Hi Tammy, I hope you feel better soon. Get better and then you can kick it into gear. Happy new year.

My goal for the month is to lose another 10lbs before heading to Disney and be at my lowest weight in the last 6 years!!!!![/COLOR]

Hi Jen, Bio was my favorite class in high school. Your goal sounds great. I will have to check out your PTR I love reading the reports. Glad to have you on the team. Good luck I bet setting that goal will help you stick to it.

Hi my name is Tia, I'm 34, a stay at home/homeschooling mom and in-home child care provider

Wow and I thought I had alot to get done in one day. You must be superwomen.:lmao: Nice to meet you tia. Good luck with the challenge. Glad to have you on our team.

Last year I managed to lose about 35 pounds with half hearted exercise and eating habits (I would do really well for a while and then just stop). I'm just happy I have maintained most of the loss

Well I would say only putting in the half hearted effort you did really good. Its a new year and having the goal of getting fit for your cruise will help. That sounds like it will be an amazing trip. Its on my bucket list to do someday. We live on the other side of the country so its not the easiest trip to take.

Well I am ready to get started tomorrow!!!! Happy New Year everyone.

Hi Y'all,

I might have a hard time keeping up with you online this week because I'm going to Disney!! Yay!

So my goal is to try and lose something this week. Lots of walking is good, but all the yummy things to eat there usually leave me at a break even point. So we'll see! Maybe if I ride Space Mountain enough times I can kill my appetite for a day or two.

I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 (with one in college and one in diapers). It's time to get rid of my post-pg baby fat so this challenge is the perfect challenge for me!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better. Waving to keenercam on our team----hello, my HH friend!

Go Team Mickey!!! :banana:

I like the way you broke out your goals, Michelle, so I thought I'd go back and make mine a little more concrete.

My goal for this week:
Drink my water, exercise everyday, get at least 4 days of HH veggies

My goal for month:
Meet my water goal every day, eat 3 meals each day (I've got into a terrible slump of missing meals - not a good thing while nursing - especially when I "make up for it" with terrible snacking - bad choices, excessive, etc)

My goal for this challenge:
I want to get back to my prepregnancy weight by the end of the challenge. Not too much of a loss, but doable safely for me and Miss Deva (pronounced Day-vuh, btw).

Hi everyone.

I'm MB. I'm 41. My husband and I have been married 17 years and are both college math professors at a small college in a Florida beach town (not near Disney). We have a 15 year old daughter who is the joy of our lives. Hann is my hero. Born with a multitude of issues and on the autism spectrum, she continues to make huge strides and we couldn't be prouder of her. She's a freshman in high school, taking mostly advanced classes. She still has tremendous struggles and probably always will. WDW is the one place that brings her a tremendous amount of peace and so we get there (or to the other DVC resorts) about three times a year. It's our happy place and I love what it does for her.

As for me, I weighed about 260 pounds just a couple of years ago. I began an effort to take it off and got very serious about it about eight months ago. Today, I'm extremely happy to say I weigh 175.

Here's a picture from Disney last Christmas
135.jpg

And here's how I looked at Disney just about two weeks ago.
IMG_2246.jpg

I hope I did this right - never posted pics to the Dis.

Anyway, that's me.

Goals:
For this week: To get my mojo back. I've hit a place where I'm not done yet but the results aren't going to be as dramatic. 175 may seem like a lot but for me, it's the best I've weighed in at least 16 years. I can't seem to get motivated.

For the month - to eat fruit. I don't. I should.

For the challenge - to get to 157 - the upper end of my goal weight. And to post more - I get very busy with work and Hann and I just lose track of everything. This is our calm before the storm and once the semester starts, I'll be crazy busy until spring break in about three months.

MB

Good morning and Happy New Year everyone! I'm Kath, 45 years old, have struggled with an extra 20 to 30 lbs my whole adult life....and I will admit it, I don't like to exercise! I do it, I like the results, but when I'm in it, I hate it. there, I said it! So my goal, in addition to losing the weight and eating better, is to find a way to enjoy exercise by changing things up a little. Can't wait to make this happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter