TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

Hello Team Mickey! I am really getting excited and anxious to begin. Looking at all the cookies and candy left from Christmas is starting to make my stomach turn - that's how I know I'm ready for this challenge. My biggest goal is to exercise daily - I can be a little OCD about counting calories - but I always find some excuse not to exercise. If I could make that habit - I think I would eventually be a maintainer instead of a yo-yo dieter!!!!
Best of luck and a safe and happy 2011 to all!!!!

Hello Team Mickey!!!

I hope everyone is getting excited about the challenge starting!

We still have quite a few spots for coaches open. If you are interested in coaching, we are filling spots through March. In the past folks who have coached often find they have very on plan weeks because coaching helps you to really focus for the week.:goodvibes Coaches post a QOTD and reply to folks on the thread.

Check out POST #4 for open spots.

If you already communicated that you would like to coach and I missed it, I apologize.:goodvibes Please send me another pm. If you have questions about coaching, you can pm me.

Thanks!!!!

Just thought i'd pop on over and say hello to the competition!! Hello Team Mickey!!

Looking forward to a fun and healthy challenge on the first!!!
Hi Kathy!

Hi teammates!!

I am thrilled to join this event! I needed a good kick in the bum to get motivated. I have been 140 lbs pretty much my entire adult life, the past two years I have put on about 25-30lbs (depending on the day) and I feel so uncomfortable! I am looking forward to the journey toward a healthier and more active lifestyle with you all!

Its nice to meet* everyone:yay:
You will get lots of support here!:goodvibes

Hello Team Mickey! I am really getting excited and anxious to begin. Looking at all the cookies and candy left from Christmas is starting to make my stomach turn - that's how I know I'm ready for this challenge. My biggest goal is to exercise daily - I can be a little OCD about counting calories - but I always find some excuse not to exercise. If I could make that habit - I think I would eventually be a maintainer instead of a yo-yo dieter!!!!
Best of luck and a safe and happy 2011 to all!!!!
I get a little OCD about exercise! I need reminders that it's ok to take a day off on occasion! There's also usually an exercise thread on the WISH boards where you can commit to how many minutes you plan to exercise for the month.:goodvibes

Rose&Mike, could you please explain what it means to be a coach? I reread the intro post and I am still a bit confused.
Thanks so much!

Hello Team Mickey!

I am Kristi, I will be turning the big 4-0 in February and really want to be more healthy. I started WW in August and have lost 34 lbs. but I still need to lose about 40 more.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Rose -I can be the coach for 2/4-2/10.

Kristi

Rose&Mike, could you please explain what it means to be a coach? I reread the intro post and I am still a bit confused.
Thanks so much!
Sorry for the confusion! The role of the coach is to keep things moving on the thread for a week. They will post a question of the day which people can respond to. This could be weight loss related or not. We have an archive of QOTD's. Here is a link to it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35031934&postcount=1

They also chime in with encourgaing words and suggestions as needed. Everyone handles coaching different and there is not a right or wrong way. Some people post the qotd and might respond once in the evening. Some people check in through out the day and respond to every post. Even within the same week coaches may be more or less active on certain days. I'm off on Wed and Fri, so I have a lot more time on those days to post replies. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything.:goodvibes

Hello Team Mickey!

I am Kristi, I will be turning the big 4-0 in February and really want to be more healthy. I started WW in August and have lost 34 lbs. but I still need to lose about 40 more.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Rose -I can be the coach for 2/4-2/10.

Kristi
Thanks Kristi! I put you down and will add you when I next update!

oh fun! I'd be happy to be a coach then! Could I please go after a few others though? that way I will have time to get the hang of it first.

I wanted to let everyone know that I posted details on how the WIN challenge will work. Some of the details may change, but the basic instructions will stay the same. The instructions are on the first page of this thread and the Team threads.

Have a great evening!

Hello teammates. I am looking forward to being on Team Mickey and will work hard over the next five months (and beyond) to help us win.

I will be turning 50 in March and have to go in for my big, probing physical (pun intended) soon after that. So that is part of my motivation.

And then our daughter will be having our second grandson between now and next week and that is another motivation for me.

See you all soon.

Dave

oh fun! I'd be happy to be a coach then! Could I please go after a few others though? that way I will have time to get the hang of it first.
Great! I put you down for 3/11-3/17.:goodvibes

Hello teammates. I am looking forward to being on Team Mickey and will work hard over the next five months (and beyond) to help us win.

I will be turning 50 in March and have to go in for my big, probing physical (pun intended) soon after that. So that is part of my motivation.

And then our daughter will be having our second grandson between now and next week and that is another motivation for me.

See you all soon.

Dave
Those are pretty good motivators Dave!:goodvibes

Hello Team Mickey!

If you are celebrating a birthday between now and January 31st, please send me a pm and I will add you to our birthday list so that we can celebrate with you!

Just wanted to say hello to my teammates!!!

Looking forward to a very successful challenge in 2011!!

Hello teammates!

My name is Heather and I finally found the reason I've been unable to lose weight - my thyroid isn't working! I'm on medication now, so hopefully that will help with the loss. I'm turning 30 in April and last time I weighed myself (about a week ago) I was at 304 pounds. Eeek! That's embarrassing to type. I realized that was not a good thing, and have really made some changes. I'm eating at home more, and I've been exercising at least 30 minutes a day. I'm hoping this will pay off!

Also, I'm trying to be more active. I work from home as a Disney Travel Consultant, and while that's awesome, it's mostly butt-in-chair work. I've bought a pedometer and am trying to get to 10,000 steps a day. We live really near a park, so when the rain stops we're going to be heading over there every night after dinner for some basketball or frisbee.

I hope that's not too much information. I've found it's easier to be accountable to people that know me, rather than "strangers." :-)

We can all do this!

Welcome to Healthy Habits!

My name is CC (short for Christina) and I will be your Healthy Habits coach for BL 11. I love the BL challenges and Healthy Habits has helped me significantly in achieving many of my goals.

Some Background Information: Thanks to donac (Dona-hostess of Team Donald) and jenanderson for their amazing help so I know how to coach! I couldn’t do this without seeing them in action previously. I will be continuing the prizes that Jen started.

Here’s How Healthy Habits Works: Each week there will be 3 Healthy Habits (HH) to complete. The first two HHs will always be drinking water and exercising. (Note: The amount and time will increase throughout the challenge!) At the end of each week, you will tally up the number of points you earned for the week and send me a private message with your total. Here’s an example. For Week 1, the 3 HHs are drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water a day, exercise a minimum of 20 minutes per day, and eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day. If on 4 days you get in all 3 HHs, you would report your points like this:

4/6 days of drinking water
4/6 days of exercising
4/6 days of eating veggies
Your total points (ex: 12/18) should be in the subject of your PM.

This is a team competition. On/about Tuesday evening, I will post the week’s results. I will share the number of participants on each team and the top scorers on each team. New for BL 11: I will also list the people who earned 7/7 on one or more of the HHs for the week. If you participated on the team with the most participants, you will be entered into a drawing for the week's prize. Each prize will have something to do with the 3rd Healthy Habit for the week. I will post the winner and ask that you PM me your contact information. (Please Note: If you do not wish to be entered into the drawing, please let me know in your PM. I understand people’s WISHes for privacy.)

Participation in Healthy Habits is entirely optional, but I encourage you to participate and help your team be on top for the week. Good luck on your journey and I hope that HHs helps you as much as it continues to help me!

Welcome to Health Habits Week 1

Week 1 is 1/1-1/6 (Only 6 Days)

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water. (Up to 2 glasses of coffee or tea count.)
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

If you have any questions, please free to ask.

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited for BL 11 to start! (Just in case you can't tell...:rotfl2:) I also excited to be the Healthy Habits Coach. I hope that all of you will participate. I know for me, drinking water is a huge key to my success.

So, a little about me, other than that I have a lot to say :rotfl:. I am 26 and just started a new job. I absolutely love it! It keeps me very busy and I spend a lot of my day on my feet. I'm sure that's a good thing, if I could figure out how much to eat to balance that out. ;) I'm following Weight Watchers and getting used to the new plan. My gut feeling is that I will find it very successful! I want to reach my goal weight by the end of 2011. That's at least 25, if not 35 pounds. I would love to do reach my goal weight by the end of BL 11, but I also know that if I don't lose slowly, I don't keep it off. I fractured my foot in late Sept. and am finally getting back into exercising. I have big plans to start going to the gym frequently. I just found that there is a Zumba class on Tuesday nights near where I work and I'm planning to sign up for it. I'm also on meds. There's a huge back-story there, but I'll be brief. Thanks to the support of my BL friends and a new doctor (back in May), I am finally on the right combination and doing very well. And, last, but certainly not least, because this is a huge component of my weight loss endeavors, I live with my parents and my dad is a great support and my mom isn't.

I think those are the most important things. I'll share plenty as the challenge goes on :rotfl:.

Also, I'm trying to be more active. I work from home as a Disney Travel Consultant, and while that's awesome, it's mostly butt-in-chair work.

A pedometer is great! :thumbsup2 I've also been doing some research about something called a pedal exerciser. You can use it sitting down at your desk. I've seen them priced as low as $30 and from what I've heard, you can burn 100 calories in 30 minues. Just an idea...Hope I'm not being intrusive. :goodvibes

A pedometer is great! :thumbsup2 I've also been doing some research about something called a pedal exerciser. You can use it sitting down at your desk. I've seen them priced as low as $30 and from what I've heard, you can burn 100 calories in 30 minues. Just an idea...Hope I'm not being intrusive. :goodvibes

Geez, I never even thought of that! That is such a good idea. Thanks so much! Off to look for one now!

PS - you're so not being intrusive. I need someone to tell me what to do. ;-)

Hello Team Mickey!!!

I am soooo excited for this to start. I really need it!

I almost died this year because of blood clots in my lungs and arm. I ended up in the ICU on the ventilator and am VERY lucky to be alive. soooo, I received my wake up call... then hit the snooze button!;) I had been training to get my black belt in TaeKwonDo and then found myself unable to exercise, stressed out, and I gained weight:rolleyes1:sad2::sad1:

I am finally ready to get going, I joined WW this week so i would have all of my stuff ready to go Jan 1st. (good thing, because it was the last week of all materials on sale)

AND I am going to join DH's work BL competition. I won it 2 years ago, and plan to do it this time too. :banana:

Hi Team Donald/Team Mickey!

Just a reminder when sending in your weigh ins to:

Include your team Name in your message to me.

Bear with me a few weeks while i get the hang of this!

Thanks!

TTFN :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter