TCM Cruise

Kennywood

Kennywood
Has anyone here taken a TCM Cruise? This year's October cruise on the Magic has been sold out for quite a while.

My wife and I both love the older movies that are shown on TCM and I'm thinking that a future TCM cruise might be something different and enjoyable. I know that the character meets and the shows are cancelled for this particular cruise.

I've actually considered taking this cruise and absolutely no excursions. It might be nice to stay onboard, relax, and enjoy the event.

I haven't been on one, but I thought I read somewhere that they weren't going to do them anymore. Don"t remember where I read it though. Hopefully they will continue them because I'd love to go on one.

I would love this too, but can't until I retire from teaching. If this is the last one, oh well.

They resumed this year. It's been sold out for a while. I'm hoping that they'll do one next year.

I haven't gone, but was on the mailing list for a couple years. Even if it is sold out, get on the waitlist so that you'll get notified a little ahead of other people next time. Those on the cruise and on past TCM cruises have priority and because of that, when I was notified before it went on sale to the public, all the inside rooms and ocean view window rooms were already sold out. I believe the least expensive balcony rooms were already sold, too, but I was offered mid price balcony and higher. The rooms are higher priced than normal cruises.

There is someone on cruise critic who posted that attends this on a regular basis. It wasn't easy to get a lot of information, but you may want to post over there in the DCL forum and see if they are still reading that forum. They may have more details for you. Sounds like a great cruise. It's just a bit more expensive and some may feel that it offers less because it removes a lot of the Disney character factors (including shows, I believe), but if you are a serious TCM fan, it's probably a nice way to chill out.

It will count towards your castaway status and you'll still get whatever welcome gift you are entitled.

I was on the waitlist for 2019, so got early access to sign up for 2020. It's Oct 4-10, 2020 from Cape Canaveral. I'm traveling with a friend, as DH doesn't care so much about classic films. Would love to connect with others who will be going!

I like TCM and old movies a lot, but this cruise may not appeal to all.

They feature a number of has-been "stars" talking about what it was like to work with someone (more) famous. End up booking them kind of last-month or so, as it's all about availability and what they can get them for. Helps if they have a book to sell.

Can't dispute the quality of DCL's movie theatres though!

They feature a number of has-been "stars" talking about what it was like to work with someone (more) famous. End up booking them kind of last-month or so, as it's all about availability and what they can get them for. Helps if they have a book to sell.

I haven't been on one of these cruise, but would love to go on one. At least the stars they book are people who have a real talent. Unlike most of today's "stars" who are nothing but reality tv people who then go on to sell stuff on Instagram because they are now "influencers".

we Have been on all the TCM cruises and will be on the one leaving NYC on the Magic next week. I take a bit of issue with ‘has been stars’. We’ve met Richard Dreyfus, eva marie saint, Robert Wagner, tippi hedren, Ernest Borgnine, tab hunter, kim Novak, Angie Dickenson, among many others. Cecily Tyson, Diane Ladd and Mitzi Gaynor are on this upcoming cruise. Yes they are mostly old time movie stars but the quality of their careers should be the envy of all younger actors.

we Have been on all the TCM cruises and will be on the one leaving NYC on the Magic next week. I take a bit of issue with ‘has been stars’. We’ve met Richard Dreyfus, eva marie saint, Robert Wagner, tippi hedren, Ernest Borgnine, tab hunter, kim Novak, Angie Dickenson, among many others. Cecily Tyson, Diane Ladd and Mitzi Gaynor are on this upcoming cruise. Yes they are mostly old time movie stars but the quality of their careers should be the envy of all younger actors.
Wow. I wish I could go on one of these. Too bad they're during the school year when I have to work.

I would direct you to a recent interview on CBS' Sunday Morning program. Mitzi Gaynor is interviewed by Mo Rocca. She's 88 and as sharp as a tack! Of course these cruises won't appeal to all! Just those with impeccable taste and respect for classic cinema.

TCM has a discussion board on their site. One of the sub-categories is TCM cruises. You would probably get your most reliable information to your questions.

Wow, I had no idea! Does Disney own TCM now or is this just some sort of crosspromotion. Very cool for those that are fans!

No Disney does not own TCM. Just look under community tab. They have sub cats for their wine club, auction, film festival, back lot, ect....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter