Taxi between Heathrow & Gatwick

Briggsy

Earning My Ears
Hi
I have booked a flight to Florida leaving Gatwick on 28 December. My problem is the return flight lands at Heathrow. I'm thinking a booking a hotel with car parking in Heathrow then taking a taxi to Gatwick on the morning of the flight. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi fare between Heathrow and Gatwick and can anyone recommend a taxi firm in the area?

Not sure about taxi costs - unlikely to be cheap...

However, there is a frequent shuttle service between Gatwick and Heathrow. http://www.airlinks.co.uk/ Unless there is a group of you - this is likely to be much more cost effective.

We had a similar problem this year but the other way round. We left LHR and landed in LGW. We stayed the night in Heathrow - we drove to the Hotel in Heathrow, left our luggage then we drove to Gatwick and parked the car there (ready for when we landed). I phoned Gatwick and they have an onsite taxi service who tole us it was @ £70 from Gatwick to Heathrow. We decided to make and day of it and went into London for a few hours. We caught the Gatwick Express to Victoria, did some shopping, had a meal etc then we took the Heathrow express to Heathrow. Cost wise it was slightly cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter