Target Savings Thread

I do not believe that should be a problem. If anything, you can always contact the TSA, speak with some one that is in charge, air your concern, then go from there.

I just talked to my brother. They doubt they'll go as far as contacting the TSA ahead of time. A good idea but how would you do that anyway? They're now rethinking taking them :( but its such a good idea!

I do get their point. If they pack in luggage, they'll still look odd when luggage is xrayed? They'd prefer not having their luggage torn apart.

I just talked to my brother. They doubt they'll go as far as contacting the TSA ahead of time. A good idea but how would you do that anyway? They're now rethinking taking them :( but its such a good idea!

I do get their point. If they pack in luggage, they'll still look odd when luggage is xrayed? They'd prefer not having their luggage torn apart.

I've carried tubes of the light up bracelets to, and from, WDW many times without an issue. I never carried them on, always had them in the luggage. I don't think it'll be an issue with the xrays. They will scan right through them just like any other liquid item. The only thing I don't pack is peanut butter-I hear that since the scanners can't scan through it that my be an issue.

I know that if you buy snow globes you have to pack them in your luggage, you can't carry them on, due to the water inside. If it's okay for snowglobes to be packed, it's ok for glow sticks.

Also, never had a problem taking them in WDW. Never.

I would tell your brother to stop over thinking it. Just pack 'em in their luggage.

I've carried tubes of the light up bracelets to, and from, WDW many times without an issue. I never carried them on, always had them in the luggage. I don't think it'll be an issue with the xrays. They will scan right through them just like any other liquid item. The only thing I don't pack is peanut butter-I hear that since the scanners can't scan through it that my be an issue.

I know that if you buy snow globes you have to pack them in your luggage, you can't carry them on, due to the water inside. If it's okay for snowglobes to be packed, it's ok for glow sticks.

Also, never had a problem taking them in WDW. Never.

I would tell your brother to stop over thinking it. Just pack 'em in their luggage

Thanks, I personally agree with you.
His point though, is wondering if the cylindrical - tube sizes will raise eyebrows? They'll have 4 each in their luggage. I think he's concerned they'll look like a weapon of some sort! :scared1:
(what can I say, the man worries alot :) )

Thanks, I personally agree with you.
His point though, is wondering if the cylindrical - tube sizes will raise eyebrows? They'll have 4 each in their luggage. I think he's concerned they'll look like a weapon of some sort! :scared1:
(what can I say, the man worries alot :) )

Pack them in the luggage and forget about it. Seriously. He is waaaay over-worrying about it. They can open your luggage and search for any reason. Not just because of the tubes but because their bag was the random # picked for searching. Just don't put any money or valuables in there that you wouldn't want "accidentally" lost or stolen.

I just came back from a trip to Seattle with my 18 month old and I got hassled about bringing her juice boxes. I had them out to show right at the security check point and initially was told that I couldn't take them on because they were over 3 ounces. After politely asking for the guy to ask his supervisor, they were allowed BUT I still got the full pat down, they swabbed their gloves and put it into the scanner, swabbed the juice boxes, swabbed in the inside of my purse, and checked the water vapor from her sippy cup.

SO - sorry for the long winded post - they can and do pull you aside for extra security screening for all kinds of reasons, even innocuous ones like contraband juice boxes and sippy cups, lol! :laughing: The other mom and I had a good laugh about our shared pat downs over dangerous sippy cups!

I haven't heard about issues from flying with glow sticks...but isn't there a Target in the WDW area that they could visit to get them?
Also, I've never been to WDW but we take the glow sticks into DLR/DCA all the time....(we drive so I don't worry about packing them), we've taken as many as 4 tubes in and we didn't have any problems with security at DL/DCA.

Don't do it! We had glow sticks in our carry on coming home from Pensacola FL once and had lots of time wasted at security. I told them to throw them out and let us go or we would miss our flight. I think in your checked luguage is fine though.

Glow sticks are great to have at WDW because the light up things they sell are pricey! The kids love having the glow sticks at parade time. Our dollar stores sell glowing wands and swords too.

Pack them in the luggage and forget about it. Seriously. He is waaaay over-worrying about it. They can open your luggage and search for any reason. Not just because of the tubes but because their bag was the random # picked for searching. Just don't put any money or valuables in there that you wouldn't want "accidentally" lost or stolen.

I just came back from a trip to Seattle with my 18 month old and I got hassled about bringing her juice boxes. I had them out to show right at the security check point and initially was told that I couldn't take them on because they were over 3 ounces. After politely asking for the guy to ask his supervisor, they were allowed BUT I still got the full pat down, they swabbed their gloves and put it into the scanner, swabbed the juice boxes, swabbed in the inside of my purse, and checked the water vapor from her sippy cup.!

Wow, unreal! Thats probably something DB is thinking. I agree though, packing them will probably be alright. Maybe he should attach a little note on them, that they're for the parade?

Don't do it! We had glow sticks in our carry on coming home from Pensacola FL once and had lots of time wasted at security. I told them to throw them out and let us go or we would miss our flight. I think in your checked luguage is fine though..

Think they'll toss them if they inpsect his luggage? I'd advise him to take them out of the tubes and put them in a baggie, but they'll probably all activate, defeating the purpose.

(To the poster suggesting they go to a local target - they're with her HS band and won't have transportation or ability to leave)

DH got a computer monitor on clearance yesterday. An Acer 21.5" full HD 1080 for $79.98. They also had 18.5 inch monitors on clearance, but they were more/they hadn't gone down to 50% yet.

Oh and for the info on glow sticks, we have never had an issue with them in our checked luggage, and have brought them many trips.
Donna

Parents of teens, help please.

As I'd written, brother and DSIL are chaperoning daughters band trip to the world. DSIL bought glow sticks to distribute at Wishes. DB is scared to take them, checked or carry on. And now he's saying the kids are too *mature* to like them. DSIL thinks thats bunk, that they'd love them. But she doesn't want to ask DD because its a surprise :)

My two oldest are on the fence, and also not in the same school or in a band, so aren't really sure.
So those with 17 y/os, what do you think? Will they like? Laugh? Take or not?

Thanks

i would take them for the teens, after all they are in disney with their parents so they are not too cool for school. :cool1: i used to get them at the boardwalk as a teen every now and then, and i still have been to clubs that give out glow necklaces for special occasions and holidays.

i needed an armband for my droid so i can listen to my pandora and have my phone while i run. they had iphone bands on clearance for $14 from $20. got it home and was able to squeeze my droid in. i also picked up an oven thermometer for 50% off, gloves for .75 for two pairs, and some lightbulbs for 75% off. i want a mickey mouse bowl but the discount still is not that great to justify it. i have had great luck with target clearance these past few weeks.

As I'd written, brother and DSIL are chaperoning daughters band trip to the world. DSIL bought glow sticks to distribute at Wishes. DB is scared to take them, checked or carry on. And now he's saying the kids are too *mature* to like them. DSIL thinks thats bunk, that they'd love them. But she doesn't want to ask DD because its a surprise :)

My two oldest are on the fence, and also not in the same school or in a band, so aren't really sure.

Thanks

Definitely take them. Teens of all ages love "kids things" such as glow sticks, etc. Worst case sceanario, take them and pass them out to little kids (with their parents permission of course). We did that on our last trip, but kids loved giving the braclets to kids on the bus who didn't have them, but were eyeing ours.

Definitely take them. Teens of all ages love "kids things" such as glow sticks, etc. Worst case sceanario, take them and pass them out to little kids (with their parents permission of course). We did that on our last trip, but kids loved giving the braclets to kids on the bus who didn't have them, but were eyeing ours.
:thumbsup2

I was at Target this afternoon and found two of the Mickey dinner plates and two Ursula glasses at 75% off. I got them all for $2.96, not to shabby.

Thanks

Tell him to take them! My DS15 who thinks he is way too cool for anything was all excited yesterday about a STICKER he got from one of his teachers!!:confused3 My first graders could care less about a sticker most of the time, so I definitely don't get it lol!

I've enjoyed reading this thread. My husband thinks I'm insane for loving Target :goodvibes

I thought I'd post my 2 deals today:

The first was a coupon deal on Finish Quantam Powerball Tabs for the dishwasher: I had $1.50 off from the Target website and $.75 off from the manufacturer. I bought the $2.99 10 packs and got them for $.74 each. I really love those tabs so getting a good deal on them made my day LOL

The second was a coupon deal on Powerades: Target has $1 off an 8 pack on their website. The 8 packs have Buy 2 Get 1 free peelies on them. I bought 3 packs and paid $8.98 for three 8 packs. That works out to $.37 a bottle. I came home and printed off 2 more of the $1 off coupons, I have 2 peelies from the two other packs so I can go back and do it again :)

I have two teens with lots of friends. I find that most of the time teenagers act more like pre-schoolers than 5 year olds do. Seriously! I think that when they reach a certain age they realize their childhood is about gone and they might as well have FUN

16 year old DS said TAKE THEM! But be ready for a mess of broken ones and painting on their skin with them.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. My husband thinks I'm insane for loving Target :goodvibes

I thought I'd post my 2 deals today:

The first was a coupon deal on Finish Quantam Powerball Tabs for the dishwasher: I had $1.50 off from the Target website and $.75 off from the manufacturer. I bought the $2.99 10 packs and got them for $.74 each. I really love those tabs so getting a good deal on them made my day LOL

Bummer-I can't find the one on Target. Must already by gone. Great deal for you though.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter