Target 5% back--does it work with Disney gift cards?

BTW.. anyone run into trouble in buying large quantities of Disney Gift Cards at target? I found that frustrating it was time consuming having to break it down to several different transactions..

No trouble at all and I bought $5,000 worth just a few weeks ago. It all went on one transaction and the only issue was the receipt was slow to process/print because of the volume of info. I used a Target Credit Card though. I've heard there is a limit on Debit transactions.

After switching over to Target I only recently read how NJ doesn't allow the extra 5% pharma rewards. So disappointing!

You cannot earn them in NJ but you can redeem them if you earn them out of state. We have family in PA so I had some of our scripts transferred to a Target in PA to fill and while I was visiting filled others to earn the rewards them used the certificate at my local Target.

Yea I knew it was good all day but redcard wouldn't approve anymore transactions that day! Really ticked me off, b/c

A couple times I got locked out of my red card. I would pay for prescriptions and always entered the pin number in wrong. Then paid for other things in the store check out and entered the pin in wrong again. 3 times and they lock you out. LOL At least from those mistakes it help me remember the right pin number.

You cannot earn them in NJ but you can redeem them if you earn them out of state. We have family in PA so I had some of our scripts transferred to a Target in PA to fill and while I was visiting filled others to earn the rewards them used the certificate at my local Target.

That's what I call dedication! :)

Thank you for the pointer. I see:

Remaining Balance:
We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Not sure why.

With your mouse hover over My Disney Experience at the top right hand side. A drop down menu will pop up. Click on My Reservations. You should see your reservation details. Where it says Remaining balance you should see make payment. Click that and it will bring up payment screen.

Hope that helps.

I really can't see how they could deny you from using them at check in. It is a legal Disney tender. If the front desk CM would not allow me to do it, I would nicely and respectfully ask for a manager. The card says "accepted at select participating locations" and says WDW resorts, Disneyland, Disney store.com, Disney store, and Disney cruise line. Also says on the front "Shop, Dine, Stay, Play" That seems fairly clear to me. I would have to nicely and calmly stand my ground. :)

Good Luck
Thank you. I would have been more inclined to get the debit card in order to purchase the gift cards had I been able to simply enter the cards online. But it seems that with a room-only reservation, this can't be done.

Thank you for the pointer. I see:

Remaining Balance:
We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Not sure why.

I got the same message from time to time. Monday when I called to change from QSP to DDP it was taking a while to do. I was told by the CM that they were doing some "magical enhancements" to their system. So maybe you were getting that message cus the system was running slow.

What about using a Target Gift Card to purchase the Disney Gift Cards, would that also work? I was thinking of getting an eGift Card online for 6-8% off and using. Thanks

What about using a Target Gift Card to purchase the Disney Gift Cards, would that also work? I was thinking of getting an eGift Card online for 6-8% off and using. Thanks

You can use a Target gift card to pay for Disney gift cards however you won't save the 5% since that comes off on Red card purchases only. I have never found Disney gift cards available online, only in store so be sure it is a gift card that can be used in store.

This may have been answered already, but how many Disney gift cards can you buy at once at Target? I could see myself accumulating the prescription discount in a few months to get the 10% off for a day, but then I would need to buy about 45 cards at once :/

I bought 75 of them at once last year to pay off our trip as well at our traveling companions trip. The only problem was that they stopped my card thinking it was fraud so I was on the phone for over an hour getting it straight before my pharmacy reward expired.

You can use a Target gift card to pay for Disney gift cards however you won't save the 5% since that comes off on Red card purchases only. I have never found Disney gift cards available online, only in store so be sure it is a gift card that can be used in store.

Thanks. From what I'm reading you can convert an eGift Card to a mobile gift card to use in the store. As long as that is the case, the 6-8% online egift card discount is better than the 5% using my Target Card. Every little bit helps I guess...

This made me think of a way to squeeze a couple of pennies more out as a discount. Shop at target.com through ebates when you buy your Disney gift cards and get 2% more back from ebates!! :)

This made me think of a way to squeeze a couple of pennies more out as a discount. Shop at target.com through ebates when you buy your Disney gift cards and get 2% more back from ebates!! :)

You won't get 5% off target gift cards or using them to purchase and you can't get the Disney gift cards online at target only in store

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

I just saved 10% on my Disney gift cards at Target. I spent $3600 and bought 80 cards worth $4000. Paid for our whole 8 day stay this way over the phone. No problem! You can get the 10% by combining RX rewards with your red card discount. They count Disney cards differently than Target gift cards because they only come in the preloaded $50 amount.

I just saved 10% on my Disney gift cards at Target. I spent $3600 and bought 80 cards worth $4000. Paid for our whole 8 day stay this way over the phone. No problem! You can get the 10% by combining RX rewards with your red card discount. They count Disney cards differently than Target gift cards because they only come in the preloaded $50 amount.

See I don't understand why they would only let me get 43 ( needed 64). I have another pharmacy reward on its way so I can go back & get the rest I need but it was such a hassle it took me less time to enter 43 gifts cards online! Lol

I hate that they were not more flexible. I had just opened my Red card that day and the TD bank that handles the red card would not let me charge that high of amount on my temporary card for first time use, because of this my Target let me use my bank debit and still receive both discounts. The manager rang them up in one transaction. She even gave me an additional $5 off coupon. They asked if I did needed additional cards, if there was anything else they could do, and repeatedly thank me for opening an account and apologized about the delay in my transaction. Do you have another Target near you? I would try another store.

See I don't understand why they would only let me get 43 ( needed 64). I have another pharmacy reward on its way so I can go back & get the rest I need but it was such a hassle it took me less time to enter 43 gifts cards online! Lol

I bought 50 cards without any problem.

I bought 13 cards with no problem. Cashier even said "oh YEAH 5% off!" as I was walking toward him. Apparently he had done this before :goodvibes
I used my Target Redcard (Debit) and used my 5% Pharmacy Rewards pass as well for a total of about $68 saved! YAY!
Thanks for this board, I learned about this! I wouldn't have had any idea otherwise. THANK YOU!!:grouphug:

We just bought 39 cards last night. We didn't get the 5% from the Pharmacy on top of the registry and the Target card. It seems to have only given us the discount on about half of the cards. We need to examine the receipt better to see what exactly happened but DH was fighting with the website for an hour to get them onto the bill and didn't have time. Even if we didn't get 20% off, we're at least between 5% and 10% on our whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter