Talespin

Disneyboy24

Mouseketeer
Do you all miss Talespin? and do you think Disney channel should make a reboot of the series?

I rewatched TAleSpin on Disney+ recently. It holds up very well and has some excellent animation and a remarkable score. It was really a bold idea and a special show, probably the best of the Disney Afternoon era.

I binged through the Ducktales reboot this month and am curious if they might try to spin off a Talespin reboot from it too. There are a lot of references to it and characters that pop up. Seems like they could just make a big connected universe of shows off Ducktales with all the connections to old shows they did. There's already a Darkwing Duck reboot coming after having him on Ducktales.

I binged through the Ducktales reboot this month and am curious if they might try to spin off a Talespin reboot from it too. There are a lot of references to it and characters that pop up. Seems like they could just make a big connected universe of shows off Ducktales with all the connections to old shows they did. There's already a Darkwing Duck reboot coming after having him on Ducktales.

There were plans to do some spinoffs like that, but I'm not sure where they stand. I haven't heard any updates on the Darkwing project lately and DuckTales is ending. While I enjoyed the DuckTales show, I am not sure Talespin would work in that setting. The original show is heavily tied to it being the 1930's or so with that "Adventureland" type atmosphere. A modern version would not work as well.

Last edited:

I love Talespin. I wish it had continued but there was a lawsuit involving a character’s voice, etc.

I love Talespin. I wish it had continued but there was a lawsuit involving a character’s voice, etc.

That is true - there was some issue with the mimicry of King Louie's voice. Jim Cummings did such a good job that the estate of Louis Prima thought it was infringing on his very distinctive and well-known voice. The lawsuit was settled, but they don't use King Louie much because of that.

Wanted to be a pilot as a kid, so loved this show. I've shown it to my kids and they aren't as interested in it as some of the other Disney Afternoon shows, they're more fans of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter