Takumi-Tei watch thread!

I’m watching for this too! We’re going in July so I’m hoping but not too positive about the timing. Lol! I’m wondering how authentic it will be...

We are going in mid June so will miss it. The existing landscaping at Japan Pavilion is so well thought out especially near Katsuri Grill that I'm sure they will be able to pull that part of the overall vision off.

I wonder what type of Japanese cuisine they will focus on?

We are going in mid June so will miss it. The existing landscaping at Japan Pavilion is so well thought out especially near Katsuri Grill that I'm sure they will be able to pull that part of the overall vision off.

I wonder what type of Japanese cuisine they will focus on?
I saw they mentioned multi-course meal, wondering if they would pattern it loosely on kaiseki. They also mentioned tea ceremony. Really looking forward to this!

Sounds nice. I wonder when they’ll start taking reservations?

Does anyone know where abouts it is going to be located within the japan pavillion? I havent been to WDW since 2017, so not seen any of the construction for it :)

EDIT: Ahhh its next to the big gift shop :) just seen on a video!

Last edited:
I hope this is part of the Dining plan! I've been looking foreward a long time to a Japanese restaurant that I can really love in the Japan pavilion in Epcot. I was not impressed with Tokyo Dining at all, and because Teppan Edo has community-style seating, and I am always a solo diner in Disney, that one has never appealed to me, either (I am not comfortable sitting so close to other Disney guest parties in this sort of setting, I prefer a table of my own)

I saw they mentioned multi-course meal, wondering if they would pattern it loosely on kaiseki. They also mentioned tea ceremony. Really looking forward to this!
I wondered about that as well especially with the addition of a tea service. I can't see them doing more than 4 or 5 courses but time will tell. IF I can convince the man to return to WDW after our APs expire I'd love to try this place during the coming winter.:cool:

Joining in on the watch. We're going in August and hoping that is Disney's definition of summer instead of October or November which they've been known to do before :P Told my husband just yesterday I'm more excited about this than I am Star Wars Land

Have you tried Morimoto Asia's Omakase? They generally follow the kaiseki courses for the food. I'm excited to compare this to Morimoto Asia's Omakase.

Have you tried Morimoto Asia's Omakase? They generally follow the kaiseki courses for the food. I'm excited to compare this to Morimoto Asia's Omakase.
No I haven’t tried this and I have not really looked into it. Probably should. We’re definitely going to try Jaleo tasting menu. :)

No I haven’t tried this and I have not really looked into it. Probably should. We’re definitely going to try Jaleo tasting menu. :)

Please post a review of the Jaleo tasting menu! When are you experiencing that?

So there's 3 Chefs you can choose from that specialize in different cuisines and there are a few seatings each night once an hour from 6-9. Although I've never dined with anyone else on either of my visits the entire night and I've been at the 6pm seating. Total duration is about 2-3 hours. Cost is $150 without drinks. No TiW discount on the $150 but it applies to anything else you order so I was able to get the beer and sake I ordered with it discounted. You can book a party consisting of both omakase and a la carte people but everyone will be at the sushi bar. Each course is cooked or assembled in front of you.

Yuhi (Executive Chef) - Japanese/French/Hawaiian fusion
Ike (pronounced like ee-kay) - Cantonese
Alex - Japanese

I've had the pleasure of dining with both Yuhi (5/9/18) and Ike (12/10/18) and have Alex slated for 11/15/19 after that I am planning on doing an in depth Omakase post with pictures and the menus I had with each of my visits after my November visit.

Here's what I had with Chef Yuhi
  • Tri Color Pole Bean Salad, Wasabi Creme Fraiche, Ikura, Bottarga (this was done on purpose because I listed that I didnt like green beans and he wanted to try to get me to like them)
  • Botan Ebi Carpaccio, Heirloom Tomato, shaved vegetables, tonburi vinegarette
  • Sushi Course (Kohada, Engawa, Chu Toro, Shima Aji, Isaki)
  • Otsukuri (each course served separately)
    • Madai, Spanish Olive Oil, Madai Roe
    • Aji, Caviar Salt, Key Lime, Balinese Pepper
    • Kusshi Oyster, Sakura Mignonette
    • Saba, Sandita, Matsumae Konbu
    • Cherry Wood Smoked O-Toro, Hawaiian Black Lava Salt
  • Kanpachi and Foie Gras Dashi, Elderberry Blossoms
  • Hokkaido Scallop in its Shell with Black Bean Sauce
  • Lobster Kami-Nabe, Lobster Red Miso, Nappa Cabbage, Hon Shimeji, Bamboo
  • Spring Ramp Rice Porridge (basically was like ramp risotto), Roasted Miso Glazed Faroe Island Salmon Belly
  • Yuzu Honey Gelato, Tempura Honey Comb, Yuzu Honey Soda
And Chef Ike:
  • Assorted Chinese Appetizers (Peking Duck, Crispy Pork Belly, Raw Shaoxing Rice Wine Pickeld Ebi, Poached Szechuan Chicken with Spicy Chili Crisp)
  • Sashimi Chinese Style (Rice Noodles, Red Onion, Cilantro, Fried Wonton Strips, Baby Greens, Soy, Snapper)
  • Assorted Dim Sum (Fish shaped dumpling [no joke, looked like a koi including coloring], Spinach Dumpling, Kung Pao Chicken Dumpling
  • Shantang Soup with Fried Dumplings
  • Peking Duck Traditional Style
  • Stir Fry A5 Wagyu, XO Sauce, Peppers, Mushrooms
  • Crab Thick Sauce (Barely Congealed Egg Whites flecked with King Crab, wouldn't get again) with steamed vegetables
  • Crispy Rice Seafood with Starchy Sauce
  • Pu-erh Jelly, Pu-erh Crisp, Sweet Lotus Paste Bao (shaped like an adorable hedgehog)
At $150 its a solid deal.

Please post a review of the Jaleo tasting menu! When are you experiencing that?

So there's 3 Chefs you can choose from that specialize in different cuisines and there are a few seatings each night once an hour from 6-9. Although I've never dined with anyone else on either of my visits the entire night and I've been at the 6pm seating. Total duration is about 2-3 hours. Cost is $150 without drinks. No TiW discount on the $150 but it applies to anything else you order so I was able to get the beer and sake I ordered with it discounted. You can book a party consisting of both omakase and a la carte people but everyone will be at the sushi bar. Each course is cooked or assembled in front of you.

Yuhi (Executive Chef) - Japanese/French/Hawaiian fusion
Ike (pronounced like ee-kay) - Cantonese
Alex - Japanese

I've had the pleasure of dining with both Yuhi (5/9/18) and Ike (12/10/18) and have Alex slated for 11/15/19 after that I am planning on doing an in depth Omakase post with pictures and the menus I had with each of my visits after my November visit.

Here's what I had with Chef Yuhi
  • Tri Color Pole Bean Salad, Wasabi Creme Fraiche, Ikura, Bottarga (this was done on purpose because I listed that I didnt like green beans and he wanted to try to get me to like them)
  • Botan Ebi Carpaccio, Heirloom Tomato, shaved vegetables, tonburi vinegarette
  • Sushi Course (Kohada, Engawa, Chu Toro, Shima Aji, Isaki)
  • Otsukuri (each course served separately)
    • Madai, Spanish Olive Oil, Madai Roe
    • Aji, Caviar Salt, Key Lime, Balinese Pepper
    • Kusshi Oyster, Sakura Mignonette
    • Saba, Sandita, Matsumae Konbu
    • Cherry Wood Smoked O-Toro, Hawaiian Black Lava Salt
  • Kanpachi and Foie Gras Dashi, Elderberry Blossoms
  • Hokkaido Scallop in its Shell with Black Bean Sauce
  • Lobster Kami-Nabe, Lobster Red Miso, Nappa Cabbage, Hon Shimeji, Bamboo
  • Spring Ramp Rice Porridge (basically was like ramp risotto), Roasted Miso Glazed Faroe Island Salmon Belly
  • Yuzu Honey Gelato, Tempura Honey Comb, Yuzu Honey Soda
And Chef Ike:
  • Assorted Chinese Appetizers (Peking Duck, Crispy Pork Belly, Raw Shaoxing Rice Wine Pickeld Ebi, Poached Szechuan Chicken with Spicy Chili Crisp)
  • Sashimi Chinese Style (Rice Noodles, Red Onion, Cilantro, Fried Wonton Strips, Baby Greens, Soy, Snapper)
  • Assorted Dim Sum (Fish shaped dumpling [no joke, looked like a koi including coloring], Spinach Dumpling, Kung Pao Chicken Dumpling
  • Shantang Soup with Fried Dumplings
  • Peking Duck Traditional Style
  • Stir Fry A5 Wagyu, XO Sauce, Peppers, Mushrooms
  • Crab Thick Sauce (Barely Congealed Egg Whites flecked with King Crab, wouldn't get again) with steamed vegetables
  • Crispy Rice Seafood with Starchy Sauce
  • Pu-erh Jelly, Pu-erh Crisp, Sweet Lotus Paste Bao (shaped like an adorable hedgehog)
At $150 its a solid deal.
That sounds amazing! I’d love to do the Japanese one if I could. We do already do have Morimoto for lunch reservations. I have to look into switching things around if I want to do this.

We’re going in July for Jaleo. I have read that you could potentially do one diner on the tasting menu and the rest ordering ala carte. It does work better for my family if we’re able to do that since I have a 5 year old in tow. Will definitely post a review once we go.

It’s been added to the list of “All Dining”. Can’t book yet but we’re getting close!! Dress code is interesting for an in-park restaurant. M.Paul has the same requirement but I’m not sure it’s enforced.

A08A4D5D-BDF5-46BB-AAE9-F93C7D509B7F.jpeg

Delight your senses in this stunning setting when you dine on brilliantly prepared dishes.

At Takumi-Tei, you’ll dine in one of 5 rooms, each inspired by a natural element—water, wood, earth, stone or washi paper. Every area will feature beautiful, handcrafted works of art honoring the element that brought it to life.

The beauty of Japan is featured both in its art and in its cuisine. Dine on creatively prepared, Japanese-inspired dishes from a multicourse tasting menu, featuring a traditional Japanese tea service. Guests may also enjoy signature cocktails, premium sake, wine and craft beer.

For the ultimate experience, dine on an exclusive menu at the Chef’s Table in the Water Room. This space is beautifully designed to immerse diners in a tranquil setting that reflects the balance between nature and Japanese art.

Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcohol.

Dress Code
In order to preserve the atmosphere of this dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code. The minimum dress code is required—and dressier attire is also welcome. Please review the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

Just hoping it's actually opened in the summer as opposed to two seasons later like some recent restaurant openings, LOL.

As for the dress code, some of the items forbidden aren't allowed in the parks anyway and it's pretty simple to follow without feeling like you have to be on rides wearing your Sunday best. I can't imagine a man wearing khaki shorts and a polo shirt feeling constrained. I think some people just freeze up at the mere mention of a dress code and don't bother to read what it entails.

Looking forward to eating here next winter.

I really hope they open by July!! Sounds like a great set up! I wonder if they will have traditional tea ceremonies during the day as opposed to at night...

I really hope they open by July!! Sounds like a great set up! I wonder if they will have traditional tea ceremonies during the day as opposed to at night...

I could be wrong but I think this may be a dinner-only restaurant. I could also be reading too much into the Parks Blog post. Excerpt below.

The restaurant will be named Takumi-Tei, which means house of the artisan. The design celebrates the relationship between Japanese craftsmanship and the natural world, while the food is inspired by the wonderful collaboration between nature and takumi, the artisan. The upscale dinner menu will highlight wagyu beef in a sublime setting, and guests interested in the ultimate experience will be able to indulge in a multi-course tasting menu featuring traditional tea service. Signature cocktails and premium sake will be available along with a wine and craft beer menu.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter