Taking young kids on Fantasy solo

This doesn't seem like much of a vacation for you. I can't imagine going solo with three kids 4 and under and I think 2 adults going with children that young would be a handful. I would cancel and wait for a time when the two of you are able to travel together. If I am paying that kind of money for a DCL cruise I want to enjoy it also. Good luck with your decision.

I have been on a solo parenting trip to WDW with just three kids while my wife had to work. But, they were older than your kids are. It was a lot of fun but challenging at times. I think that if you are able then you should do it. Of course there will be some challenges and issues but everyone will be eager to help you and you will have a great time. :)

Yep, I do just want to reiterate though because I saw OP mentioned planning to use the nursery that the OP should not count on the nursery. As I mentioned in my earlier post, when i was alone with my kids on our first trip my son cried in the nursery and they had me come pick him up. It is not like day care where they have the bandwidth for one on one attention: if your kid is not happy, he can’t use the nursery. Same with kids club (but less of an issue there because older kids have less separation anxiety). I just don’t want OP to go thinking the nursery will be available for backup parenting. My three kids and I spent pretty much every minute together that first cruise, which was okay with me, but if it is not for OP i wanted to reiterate that.

Thanks! I've traveled alone with 2 before, but not since #3 has been born (though I've done lots of solo parenting, just at home). I am planning on using the nursery liberally, especially during naptimes so I can do things like the pool and aquaduck with the older one and have a bit of solo time. My oldest loves splash pads, so I think he will be in his glory using it!

Keep in mind the nursery does fill up and they don’t always have space. I’m an adventurous traveler and have cruised Disney with little ones and am used to single parenting and this sounds really difficult. We just cruised with our 2 year old and cruised with her at 6 and 18 months, and it really isn’t like home where they have space to run around and you can let them play in a bedroom/playroom. I can’t imagine carrying two kids and keeping track of a third in all the open spaces, and keeping every kid within arms reach around the pools, and just being able to do any activity at all. Even with 2 parents it can be a struggle to entertain a toddler on board as there aren’t many activities or spaces for this age. I’m a huge advocate for cruising with this age, but I don’t even see how you board with carry on and 3 kids who will need to be held in a packed terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter