Tables in Wonderland--few months extension?

snackyx

Mouseketeer
I had a TIW card from last year that expired on 12/31/21. We were at WDW over Thanksgiving and when I returned home discarded the card because it was expiring at the end of December. I recently found out that TIW has been extended through 4/30/21, and to make matters worse, I will be at WDW in a few weeks. I know TIW charges $50 for a lost card, but am wondering if, due to these unique circumstances, there is any way I can get a replacement card good for the next few weeks that the original card was extended without having to pony up $50? Any thoughts?

I had a TIW card from last year that expired on 12/31/21. We were at WDW over Thanksgiving and when I returned home discarded the card because it was expiring at the end of December. I recently found out that TIW has been extended through 4/30/21, and to make matters worse, I will be at WDW in a few weeks. I know TIW charges $50 for a lost card, but am wondering if, due to these unique circumstances, there is any way I can get a replacement card good for the next few weeks that the original card was extended without having to pony up $50? Any thoughts?

All you can do is ask!

Did you take a picture of the card previously in case you lost it? That may help. I stopped by GS in Disney springs and they wouldn’t issue me one with a new expiration date with the extension. Mine doesn’t expire until 3/31/21 because we bought it in February 20 before the shut down so I think mine is good until July 21. I hope they help you get it replaced 😊

I called DVC today to ask about purchasing a new TIW card. They told me that they were not for sale at this time.

Is this correct? We are leaving in 4 weeks.

Yes, TiW card is no longer for sale and the TiW office is still closed. You really should call the TiW phone number to inquire about this, not DVC . I find DVC CMs are usually not as informed on most non-dvc stuff. I usually just email TiW when I want an answer. I did while they were closed and they did respond saying they were closed at that time. Current TiW cards were extended 4 months. My original one expires feb 28, 2021, with extension it expires June 30, 2021.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out. I am using it now on the "extended terms". Nice to have for this additional trip.

I always used the Dining plan but without it this year was thinking about looking into TiW, I guess not an option. Our trip is not until September, so who knows by then.

When we lost our card, we had to pay the $50 to get a new one that still expired on the original date. Maybe you'll be luckier than we were.

Major bummer. We were counting on renewing ours in two weeks. With the four-month extension our card expires today, so this is so not cool.

This means that we will be relying on the DVC Member discount for table service dining. Is the dining discount limited to 4 people? If so can use show two DVC cards to cover 8 guests?

Major bummer. We were counting on renewing ours in two weeks. With the four-month extension our card expires today, so this is so not cool.

This means that we will be relying on the DVC Member discount for table service dining. Is the dining discount limited to 4 people? If so can use show two DVC cards to cover 8 guests?

we wondered about this too. Wonder if we Can split the Bill if multiple DVC members or combo with passholders. We know we can’t stack, but our group is normally 6-8 people. My TiW is good until June 30, 2021, but thinking about the future.

I called TIW number and was told that as of now, they are no longer offering this card. She told me that the staff from that department never returned when they reopened.
Yup - if you can't BUY a product? The product does not exist. It's dead. We loved TIW... but it's dead.

As I recall they were looking to discontinue TIW for some time now. This could be the final excuse. We really, really love TIW, especially being able to valet park for free.

We will have a funeral if that's the case when we go back in October as that was more important to us than a Gold AP.
Us too. But something worth noting: Today, with so many WDW owned Restaurants "not in Business"? If TIW existed, where would you use it?

DW & I were already going off-site to CAPA, Bull & Bear, and starting to use Cards from Shula's and Il Mulino. Landry cards were also getting popular, at Disney Springs.

Sadly, I think WDW has executed a text book case of demand destruction for their owned Restaurants :(. Once a market is abandoned? It's hard to get that Market back :(.

Us too. But something worth noting: Today, with so many WDW owned Restaurants "not in Business"? If TIW existed, where would you use it?

We had planned to use it this trip at Narcossee's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, San Angel Inn, and Le Cellier. Now it's solely our Annual Pass or DVC Member card.

When dining at a Landry's restaurant we use our Landry's card to accumulate points for a future $25 gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter